What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off...there's no beating a good reuben. I have a general rule that if a restaurant serves reubens, it's the first thing on the menu that I'll try. I think for the best bang for your buck, I'd have to go with a good 'ol Izzy's reuben (preferably with an extra potato pancake). Unfortunately, the best reuben I ever had was from a butcher shop/restaurant that's closed now. It was called "Der Deutsche Fleischerei" (The German Meat Shop), and it was in Elsmere, KY. I think Mecklenberg Gardens up in Clifton, OH has a pretty darn good reuben too though.

As for my favorite sandwich, I'd have to go with "The Greatest Sandwich In The World". If anyone's ever seen the movie Spanglish, you know what it is: thick, center cut bacon, Roma tomatoes, Romaine lettuce, a fried egg, mayo, and a slice of cheese (I go with muenster) on rustic wheat toast. YUMMMMMM!!! My brother and I made them for the first time at about 11:30 at night after renting the movie. It made an otherwise lame night well worth it.

I love the Rueben too, but for my #1 favorite, it has to be the Philly cheesesteak. I really cant wait to make it to Philadelphia some day. I will go to Pats and then to Genos and decide for myself who is the best.

I love the Rueben too, but for my #1 favorite, it has to be the Philly cheesesteak. I really cant wait to make it to Philadelphia some day. I will go to Pats and then to Genos and decide for myself who is the best.

I am the same way as everyone has said about the Rueben...but I like the one at Penn Station although I've not had the fortune to try some at these other places that have already been mentioned.

As for the quoted material, I agree that if you've never tried either Pat's or Geno's, the ebst thing would be go to one place, finish the sandwich and go straight to the other place. I've never tried myself and this would be the way I went about doing so.

I have seen some good sandwich places on the Travel Channel and Food network and I would LOVE to go to Pittsburgh's Primanti Brothers and to NYC's Katz's Deli.

I have seen some good sandwich places on the Travel Channel and Food network and I would LOVE to go to Pittsburgh's Primanti Brothers and to NYC's Katz's Deli.

I am 100% with you on that statman lol.

I went to a place called "The Fat Sandwhich Company" while I was in Madison, Wisconsin. Some of the best sandwhichs off my life even though they are totally terrible for you lol.

I am 100% with you on that statman lol.

I went to a place called "The Fat Sandwhich Company" while I was in Madison, Wisconsin. Some of the best sandwhichs off my life even though they are totally terrible for you lol.

Undoubtedly the tastiest kind!

About 15 years ago, was in Miami and had an authentic Cuban sandwich. Very tasty! Have had several since then from places like O'Charley's...but alas, just not the same.

Yeah, they use real Cubans down there in Miami, up here in KY they only use imitiation Cuban.