Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hurricane

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hurricane

  1. Precautions should always be adhered to. Water breaks are great, but if the kids are not loading up on water BEFORE practice, it is too late. The water consumed during practice is not enought. But that is what kids do. Drink pops during the day and evening and only water at practice. Not a good combination.
  2. How many players do the Mustangs have coming to practices? What do they have at the Frosh level?
  3. There are politics at EVERY school. If you have a certain family name, parent on school councils, have money...etc. If you are coming in from outside the school system (unless you are a stud athlete) you do have to fight harder to prove your worth. I would expect backers from successful schools like NCC, Highlands, and Beechwood to deny this. And this is fine, but its true.
  4. Doesn't everybody have to start somewhere? Every head coach was a first time head coach somewhere. Every teacher had a first year at some time. Coach Shearer will do a fine job. The question is: Is the talent this year as good as it was last year? If the talent is not as good, and the record dips, will people point their fingers at the coach?
  5. The classes are just a formality. The big hold up was the state not releasing a budget. Bellevue super just wanting to make sure no big surprise cuts coming when the state does actually get off their duffs and send something out. Met the man and he seems like a pretty confident coach and hopefully will do well at Bellevue.
  6. Obsiously a rival game where anything can happen. I look for the teams to be a little more evenly matched this year. I am hearing some positive things coming from the Dayton side. How will the new coach at Bellevue build the team up for this rivalry? If it is not a Bellevue person, will they understand the importance of this game?
  7. A real competitor was he. I recall a game between Ludlow and Bellevue a few years ago when Coach Borchers took exception to a late Bellevue drive. Randy was not too happy and let his feelings known after the game. Things got a little tense when the two teams shook hands after the game. There was Jordan, right behing Coach Borchers ready "to go" if needed against a very beefy Bellevue staff.
  8. In that case, he would have to wait until David Pelgen leaves Bellevue. He used to coach football and was the defensive coordinator for a couple years. Is he a candidate at all?
  9. What does Chad teach?
  10. I'm sure they are probably waiting on school personnel to be decided on. Perhaps trying to see if there is an opening in the building?
  11. It would be a disgrace not to have a 1A title game NOT with the others. Can these schools or players help their enrollment? Dont lessen the achievement by moving it away from the others.
  12. I have heard that noted Texas football coach Ron Dupree has expressed interest. Can anyone confirm this?
  13. Not so sure about that one Rockstar. At this time there are no positions open at the school according to KDE. And I am sure at a small school, having a coach in the building is a high priority. or That means that Nick Wilson, Chris Claypool or Caleb Finch who are teachers there will be announced.
  14. I have also seen it posted on here in another thread that Sipple was CCHS. Does anybody know how this affects Coach Culp? I know he loves coaching and loves being at CCHS!
  15. Not sure I see Chad as head material right now. Being around the pee-wee system for a few years and being young, many Bellevue kids still call him Chad or Cookie. That bothers me as something you dont do to a coach.
  16. Very good football player. It's a shame a tragic accident takes the life of a young man, way too early. #78 James against Highlands.
  17. Ryan Ernst--Bellevue football coach Dave Eckstein has resigned after five seasons at the school. He planned to tell his players this afternoon. “I’m not looking forward to it at all,” he said. ”I love these kids and I love being at Bellevue. Those kids are all in my heart.” Eckstein posted a 35-23 record at Bellevue. He arrived at the school in 2005, inheriting a program that had just 24 players the previous season. In his first season the Tigers posted a 9-3 record and upset defending state champion Beechwood. This year’s team, which advanced to the state quarterfinals, had 54 players. “I always felt my role was to stablize the program and get guys out and build a program that can consistently compete,” he said. “I’m really proud of what we’ve been able to do here.” Eckstein, a Boone County grad, began coaching as a 19-year-old assistant at Boone County under Owen Hauck. He later became the head coach at Ryle and Carroll County, developing a reputation as a player-friendly coach who could quickly turnaround programs. As a head coach he has an 87-59 record. Bellevue is accepting applications for the open position. Eckstein said he will be involved in the hiring process. “I know the program and I know the kids and I want what’s best for everyone involved,” he said. “… (Resigning) is something I’ve struggled with the last few years and all offseason. This is just the time to do it. It’s hard to pull the trigger after 25 years of doing this.”
  18. Coach Eckstein met with the players today and told them he was stepping down as head coach. He cited various reasons such as job and family and that those commitments would prevent him from putting in the amount of quality time needed to be the head coach of a successful program. He thanked the players for all their hard work and encouraged them to continue working hard in the off season. He will remain on as assistant principal and help lead the coaching search. I wish him well and hope the Tigers find the right person to fill those big shoes.
  19. Just to add that his son, Buzzy, was a standout performer for the Camels. Sorry to hear about this news. RIP
  20. I'm interested in knowing what Bishop Brossart will be looking at this year? Are they still progressing? Who might contribute on teh frosh level? Eagle 4 Life--any thoughts?
  21. I hope this does not anger all the Bird fans, but why all the love for AC? He's named to the Army game, nominated for the "Thats my Boy" award....and so on. He was hurt, missed time, and in my opinion was not as instrumental as a full time running back. I know, I know...he is a great athlete, but I did not see him as having the kind of year predicted for him.
  22. I do not know the timelime of events. I do know that he was on the phone getting a frosh staff in place. This tells me that he was already asked to be the coach.
  23. If you were refering to Ken Morgan. The answer would be NO. He owns his own business and can set whatever schedule he wants to work.
  24. Well first of all, they didnt need to. Secondly, they tried to spread the wealth. Every player on the senior team got a chance to score (even the linemen).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.