Eckstein out at Bellevue?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an e-mail from the ListServ that Bellevue is looking for a new Head Coach. Definately sorry to hear this news. I had heard something toward the end of the year, but nothing concrete.

He will definately will be missed. Always great to us.

Coach Eckstein met with the players today and told them he was stepping down as head coach. He cited various reasons such as job and family and that those commitments would prevent him from putting in the amount of quality time needed to be the head coach of a successful program. He thanked the players for all their hard work and encouraged them to continue working hard in the off season. He will remain on as assistant principal and help lead the coaching search.

I wish him well and hope the Tigers find the right person to fill those big shoes.

Ryan Ernst--Bellevue football coach Dave Eckstein has resigned after five seasons at the school. He planned to tell his players this afternoon.

“I’m not looking forward to it at all,” he said. ”I love these kids and I love being at Bellevue. Those kids are all in my heart.”

Eckstein posted a 35-23 record at Bellevue. He arrived at the school in 2005, inheriting a program that had just 24 players the previous season. In his first season the Tigers posted a 9-3 record and upset defending state champion Beechwood. This year’s team, which advanced to the state quarterfinals, had 54 players.

“I always felt my role was to stablize the program and get guys out and build a program that can consistently compete,” he said. “I’m really proud of what we’ve been able to do here.”

Eckstein, a Boone County grad, began coaching as a 19-year-old assistant at Boone County under Owen Hauck. He later became the head coach at Ryle and Carroll County, developing a reputation as a player-friendly coach who could quickly turnaround programs. As a head coach he has an 87-59 record.

Bellevue is accepting applications for the open position. Eckstein said he will be involved in the hiring process.

“I know the program and I know the kids and I want what’s best for everyone involved,” he said. “… (Resigning) is something I’ve struggled with the last few years and all offseason. This is just the time to do it. It’s hard to pull the trigger after 25 years of doing this.”

Sorry to hear this for the players. Seems like Coach Eckstein had the program moving in the right direction.

Are there any internal candidates that might step up and take over or will the new coach come from the outside?

I got an e-mail from the ListServ that Bellevue is looking for a new Head Coach. Definately sorry to hear this news. I had heard something toward the end of the year, but nothing concrete.

He will definately will be missed. Always great to us.

Just curious Buttels, why are you on that list serve?

Just curious Buttels, why are you on that list serve?

Its open to anyone. I used to subscribe.

Its always funny when a coach thinks he's sending a reply to one person but it goes out to the entire Listserv.

Its always funny when a coach thinks he's sending a reply to one person but it goes out to the entire Listserv.

:sssh::sssh::sssh:You are going to take the fun out of it!:sssh::sssh::sssh:

Then one of the other coaches goes off and tries to explain to everyone not us the "reply to all" tab. It's always fun.

As a former player for Coach E, I will say on behalf of all of Bellevue, he will be greatly missed! No doubt about that. Not only did he effect the football program but the ENTIRE community. He used the "Together we win" motto and everyone took to it. He was such a great player friendly guy. He was always crackin jokes with us which made us love him. He will be missed and I wish the guy all the luck in the world!