Tate Nichols (Ryle '10) wins 2009 That's My Boy Award

Who will win?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

OK, I've seen this award mentioned many times over the years. What is it, who is eligible to receive it, how are players nominated, how is the winner decided, what organization gives this award?

According to the Sunday Enquirer ,the award is based on the accumulation of points in football achievements , academic achievement and extracurricular and community activities . (Thats all I got.)

I would like to see Wes Smith get this award. He is the ideal HS athlete, very grounded with good values. Great kid, great family and has worked extremly hard to get where he is athletically.

I think you could say that about every NKY athlete that has excelled at there school this year. What sets Wes apart from the rest?

I'm not dogging Wes , just want you to make a good argument for him.

I think you could say that about every NKY athlete that has excelled at there school this year. What sets Wes apart from the rest?

I'm not dogging Wes , just want you to make a good argument for him.

Wes Smith is a Kid that a Coach would die for on their team. Wes has recovered from a Torn ACL his Junior year, had Ankle issue his whole Junior year. That past season in his senior year he played the last 6 weeks of the season with a partial tear in his Miniscus. He also sprained an ankle early in the season that he had to take care of and he sprained it in the last week of practice before the Highlands playoff game. Wes never onced missed a single game. He is a kid thats a positive leader and role model on your team and somebody you love to have in your athletic program.

I think he is considering Georgetown, Morehead State, and Eastern.

It will come down to the points earned. Who ever has the most will win. The #s will tell the story. IMO this is the purest award out there. There isn't much personal opinion that comes into play. Who ever finishes on top will have earned it on their own. It's a great award. If I were to guess, regardless who my favorite is, I think it is going to be Collinsworth or Nichols. And that's after considering all of the #s.

Wes Smith is a Kid that a Coach would die for on their team. Wes has recovered from a Torn ACL his Junior year, had Ankle issue his whole Junior year. That past season in his senior year he played the last 6 weeks of the season with a partial tear in his Miniscus. He also sprained an ankle early in the season that he had to take care of and he sprained it in the last week of practice before the Highlands playoff game. Wes never onced missed a single game. He is a kid thats a positive leader and role model on your team and somebody you love to have in your athletic program.

I think he is considering Georgetown, Morehead State, and Eastern.

I heard he is going to walk-on at UK to play football.