What might KY football realignment look like?

NamecipS

Posted by Ryan Ernst...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/04/22/what-might-kentucky-football-realignment-look-like/

NKY schools

1A - Bellevue - Dayton

2A - Ludlow - Beechwood - Bishop Brossart - NCC - Walton Verona - Holy Cross - Newport

3A - Lloyd - Highlands - Holmes

4A - Pendelton Cty - Cooper - Cov Cath - Scott

5A - Conner - Dixie - Campbell Cty - Boone - Ryle - Simon Kenton

6A - No schools

Thoughts?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Ryan Ernst...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/04/22/what-might-kentucky-football-realignment-look-like/

NKY schools

1A - Bellevue - Dayton

2A - Ludlow - Beechwood - Bishop Brossart - NCC - Walton Verona - Holy Cross - Newport

3A - Lloyd - Highlands - Holmes

4A - Pendelton Cty - Cooper - Cov Cath - Scott

5A - Conner - Dixie - Campbell Cty - Boone - Ryle - Simon Kenton

6A - No schools

Thoughts?

As a bird fan, I would hope our enrollment numbers shoot up. I am not a big fan of long bus trips and playing in 3A. We are proud of our tradition and taking on the best teams we can find to play. Cov Cath is returning to the team of old, Ryle and SK have very good programs. Why do we want the time it takes to get to a game be shorter than the game itself. This will happen with a running clock. No disrespect to some of the teams in 3A as I am sure a handful have good and proud programs; but 30n20 could be the dynasty cry. I would not be in a favor of it at all.

Class 3A: Butler County 573, Todd County Central 580, Washington County 582, Shelby Valley 587, Monroe County 601, Bath County 603, Lloyd 605, Caldwell County 626, Heath 627, Morgan County 632, Trigg County 633, West Carter 633, Christian Academy of Louisville 637, Sheldon Clark 637, Webster County 642, Jackson County 647, Russell 649, Union County 658, Magoffin County 660, Edmonson County 672, Henry County 677, Knott County Central 692, Wayne County 699, Casey County 703, Lewis County 719, Belfry 721, Powell County 721, Lawrence County 726, Hart County 727, LaRue County 728, Estill County 729, East Ridge 731, Fort Campbell 733, Western Hills 739, Pike County Central 741, Elizabethtown 743, Fleming County 760, Corbin 763, Garrard County 763, Mason County 776, Adair County 779, Highlands 780, Moore 786, Holmes 789, Bell County 807, Bourbon County 819, Paducah Tilghman 821

Other than the highlighted teams, who would be contenders?

Folks need to keep in mind, that it's just someone's "plan" and the article does not identify that someone. To the best of my knowledge, the BOC of the KHSAA hasn't even begun to discuss the realignment issue nor has the KHSAA staff even presented any possible plans to the BOC members. This plan may some idea of a football coach, administrator or even one BOC member, but to the best of my knowledge it has not been ran by the KHSAA or the rest of the BOC members. So don't put too much if any credence in it.

The travel cost and time for the teams in the smallest and largest classes could be extensive and not in any way favored by the Supers. The Supers have taken a much greater interest in the KHSAA over the last couple of years, so their thoughts and opinions on matters will weigh heavily on what the KHSAA does with realignment later this late summer and early fall.

By the way, Ryan's proposed breakdown is based on doubling the boys enrollment. That's not the current way the KHSAA has done classification. It's done strictly on boys enrollment at each school, which is the correct way to do it.

Bottom line: don't get jacked up about what he has in his article or the proposed plan.

According to the article they would not be allowed to play up.

That could be interesting. If teams are not allowed to play up it will make a huge difference. Only having 16 teams in 1A and 6A would make some very hard traveling situations. I got to looking at the realigment and no one in the article in the 5A classes have won a state title in the last decade.

Edited by Commander 25

This is the plan that Julian Tackett is pushing for. I know that for a fact and since he is the most influencial person in high school administration I would say there is a good chance that it passes.

Also I believe that the class A would be split into 4 4 team districts and played at a different site than the other championships. Which in my opinion is good because its sad to see a 1A crowd in A big stadium. This i do not know about though.

Here is what I think that class A will look like.

District 1- Fulton county, Fulton city, Louisville HC, Eminence

District 2- Bellevue, Dayton, Fairview, Paintsville

District 3- Paris, Frankfort, Campbellsville, and Williamsburg

District 4- Phelps, Harlan, Jenkins, Pineville

District 1 is tough allignment.. Makes me wish that Fulton city and Fulton Co would consolidate and then alignment would be better

Class 3A: Butler County 573, Todd County Central 580, Washington County 582, Shelby Valley 587, Monroe County 601, Bath County 603, Lloyd 605, Caldwell County 626, Heath 627, Morgan County 632, Trigg County 633, West Carter 633, Christian Academy of Louisville 637, Sheldon Clark 637, Webster County 642, Jackson County 647, Russell 649, Union County 658, Magoffin County 660, Edmonson County 672, Henry County 677, Knott County Central 692, Wayne County 699, Casey County 703, Lewis County 719, Belfry 721, Powell County 721, Lawrence County 726, Hart County 727, LaRue County 728, Estill County 729, East Ridge 731, Fort Campbell 733, Western Hills 739, Pike County Central 741, Elizabethtown 743, Fleming County 760, Corbin 763, Garrard County 763, Mason County 776, Adair County 779, Highlands 780, Moore 786, Holmes 789, Bell County 807, Bourbon County 819, Paducah Tilghman 821

Other than the highlighted teams, who would be contenders?

Corbin, Paducah Tilghman, Mason County, CAL

Also I believe that the class A would be split into 4 4 team districts and played at a different site than the other championships. Which in my opinion is good because its sad to see a 1A crowd in A big stadium. This i do not know about though.

What does the crowd size have to do with single A school kids getting to play on a level playing field as everyone else? Bad idea. Keep them with the rest of the classes and who cares what the crowd looks like. It looks sad for all the teams IMO, but that is neither here nor there when discussing the best playing field for the State Championships.

This is the plan that Julian Tackett is pushing for. I know that for a fact and since he is the most influencial person in high school administration I would say there is a good chance that it passes.

Here is what I think that class A will look like.

District 1- Fulton county, Fulton city, Louisville HC, Eminence

District 2- Bellevue, Dayton, Fairview, Paintsville

District 3- Paris, Frankfort, Campbellsville, and Williamsburg

District 4- Phelps, Harlan, Jenkins, Pineville

District 1 is tough allignment.. Makes me wish that Fulton city and Fulton Co would consolidate and then alignment would be better

That would be some pretty long trips for Bellevue and Dayton

I know for the upper classes the article does not factor in South Warren and the resulting drop in Greenwood and Warren Central's enrollments. Using the total enrollment that this article is using (which I agree with 3wishes, I believe is incorrect - it's male enrollment only), Greenwood would probably drop to the lower reaches of 5A, South Warren would likely debut in 3A or 4A, and Warren Central would probably drop comfortably into 4A rather than be its largest school at this point. East Jessamine would be pushed up to 5A by the addition of South Warren and Martha Layne Collins.