What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cuban from Andy's Deli in Oldsmar, Florida is my favorite. I love Cuban food, eat cuban sandwiches from all over, and Andy's can't be touched. The way he seasons his roast pork is the trick.

The cuban sandwiches I've had up north all suffer from one of 2 problems, they either leave off the roast pork or they use that processed junk. Also, the sandwich has to be pressed.

A cuban from Andy's Deli in Oldsmar, Florida is my favorite. I love Cuban food, eat cuban sandwiches from all over, and Andy's can't be touched. The way he seasons his roast pork is the trick.

The cuban sandwiches I've had up north all suffer from one of 2 problems, they either leave off the roast pork or they use that processed junk. Also, the sandwich has to be pressed.

Preferably with a cast iron skillet or a brick.

With Old Bay? When I visited Maryland this year, they wouldnt' shut up about the stuff lol.

With soft crabs, no. Just deep fry in bacon grease or the equivalent.

The stuff is absolutely indispensable when steaming hard crabs, but that's a totally different process. I also sprinkle a bit in my shrimp cocktail sauce.

I am the same way as everyone has said about the Rueben...but I like the one at Penn Station although I've not had the fortune to try some at these other places that have already been mentioned.

As for the quoted material, I agree that if you've never tried either Pat's or Geno's, the ebst thing would be go to one place, finish the sandwich and go straight to the other place. I've never tried myself and this would be the way I went about doing so.

I have seen some good sandwich places on the Travel Channel and Food network and I would LOVE to go to Pittsburgh's Primanti Brothers and to NYC's Katz's Deli.

You're like me. I gotta stop watching Man v. Food so much. :lol:

I have seen some good sandwich places on the Travel Channel and Food network and I would LOVE to go to Pittsburgh's Primanti Brothers and to NYC's Katz's Deli.

Primanti Brothers rocks. Been there a dozen times or so. Every sandwich was excellent. The traditional cheese steak is my favorite there.

Deep-fried soft crab with bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo.

Anywhere near the Chesapeake Bay.

Hard to beat a good blue crab sandwich. I like it with the exact same fixings on mine.

I'm a freak for a good Reuben. Boy, do I miss Izzy's.

Next time you're in Lexington. Go to Lynagh's, O'Neil's, or Winchell's. They all do an excellent reuben.

About 15 years ago, was in Miami and had an authentic Cuban sandwich. Very tasty! Have had several since then from places like O'Charley's...but alas, just not the same.

There's a little dump convenience type store on Versailles Rd in Lex that serves a real good cuban.

Yeah, they use real Cubans down there in Miami, up here in KY they only use imitiation Cuban.

:laugh::laugh:

A good old fashion cheese burger is still my favorite sandwich any day anytime. However I like lots of others. In the winter I'm real fond of open faced roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy - and Winchell's has as good an open faced as they come. They use slow roasted beef brisket and it is goooooood.

If we mean a sandwich besides fried bologna with melted cheddar with mayo on white bread its hard to beat the Izzy's reuben.

I hear you. With vacation right around the corner, I've a feeling I will be visiting one of Mr. Kadetz's establishments while back home. I'm dying for a potato pancake and a reuben. Do they still keep the big buckets of pickles out on the tables?

I hear you. With vacation right around the corner, I've a feeling I will be visiting one of Mr. Kadetz's establishments while back home. I'm dying for a potato pancake and a reuben. Do they still keep the big buckets of pickles out on the tables?

I think they do.

By the way, most places that try to claim they have a potato pancake should just take it off the menu. Its a far cry from Izzy's.

1. Reuben - Anywhere that serves them, I don't think I've had one I didn't like.

2. Soft Shell Crab (I'll take crab cake if I can't get soft shell) - The North Turn Bar, Daytona Beach, FL

3. Spicy Shrimp Po' Boy - The North Turn Bar, Daytona Beach, FL

4. Cuban

5. Philly Cheese Steak

6. Club - It's boring I know, but I'm a sucker for a club sandwich with turkey, a thick slice of ham and crispy bacon