10th Region Tournament at Holmes?

2 hours ago, Chip said:

Huh? 

you’re still part of one of the best regions in the state. You just have to go to the COV for a week. 

I think everyone will live.

It has nothing to do with going to Covington.  It is a mentality of "Every man/program for themselves."

The 10th Region was in existence long before we arrived.  We embraced and appreciated being part of a tradition rich region that had a central focal point, and worked hard to be good citizens of the 10th.

The 10th Region began to lose some of its glamor and identity when Fred Hester retired, and here in the 37th when Willie Schlarman and Ken Mueller moved on   Unfortunately, we no longer value the past and have adapted this "what's in it for us" mentality.  All this will serve to do is drive a wedge between the 37th, and what is left of the "old guard" 10th Region - the 38th and 39th districts.  A gap that we managed to mend over the past 25 years.  Unfortunately, there are only a few of us left that understand and value it.

No, it has nothing whatsoever to do with driving to Covington.  It is all about values, principles, and respect.  Or in this case, lack thereof.     

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mustang said:

It has nothing to do with going to Covington.  It is a mentality of "Every man/program for themselves."

The 10th Region was in existence long before we arrived.  We embraced and appreciated being part of a tradition rich region that had a central focal point, and worked hard to be good citizens of the 10th.

The 10th Region began to lose some of its glamor and identity when Fred Hester retired, and here in the 37th when Willie Schlarman and Ken Mueller moved on   Unfortunately, we no longer value the past and have adapted this "what's in it for us" mentality.  All this will serve to do is drive a wedge between the 37th, and what is left of the "old guard" 10th Region - the 38th and 39th districts.  A gap that we managed to mend over the past 25 years.  Unfortunately, there are only a few of us left that understand and value it.

No, it has nothing whatsoever to do with driving to Covington.  It is all about values, principles, and respect.  Or in this case, lack thereof.     

So since we were the last to arrive we have to be “yes men” and follow all traditions before us?

can we have new traditions? 

6 minutes ago, Chip said:

So since we were the last to arrive we have to be “yes men” and follow all traditions before us?

can we have new traditions? 

New traditions, when for the greater good, might be acceptable.  GRC and Montgomery County spent millions to build basketball palaces worthy of hosting a 10th Region tournament.  They get their crack at it every four years and we all understand and accept it.

Our "new tradition" is nothing more than a short-sighted, self-serving effort to have GRC ride a bus to Covington for three days, and to save us a drive to Maysville. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mustang said:

New traditions, when for the greater good, might be acceptable.  GRC and Montgomery County spent millions to build basketball palaces worthy of hosting a 10th Region tournament.  They get their crack at it every four years and we all understand and accept it.

Our "new tradition" is nothing more than a short-sighted, self-serving effort to have GRC ride a bus to Covington for three days, and to save us a drive to Maysville. 

I understand where you are coming from and it will be a long bus ride for GRC. Just as it is for the 37th when its at GRC or MoCo. 

As previous people in this thread/Twitter have alluded to maybe GRC needs to join the 11th since it’s okay for teams in the 37th to move back to the 9th.

I hope KCSD will let Scott do a lot with the renovation and when it comes around the 37th again we can choose between Scott or Campbell MS. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chip said:

I understand where you are coming from and it will be a long bus ride for GRC. Just as it is for the 37th when its at GRC or MoCo. 

As previous people in this thread/Twitter have alluded to maybe GRC needs to join the 11th since it’s okay for teams in the 37th to move back to the 9th.

I hope KCSD will let Scott do a lot with the renovation and when it comes around the 37th again we can choose between Scott or Campbell MS. 

I’d imagine if Campbell Co. MS was big enough to host it’d have it this year. I’m all for the 37th hosting close to home, but I don’t think the MS seats 2500 even, and I wouldn’t host it anywhere smaller than the 3,000 capacity that Holmes offers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chip said:

What makes you think Campbell MS is large enough to host the Regional.  To get Scott large enough to host, it would be cheaper just to construct a new gym.

1 hour ago, Mustang said:

Campbell County has won 6 Region's in Maysville, Scott and Brossart 1 each in Maysville and they certainly find those glamorous and value their experiences in the tradition rich site of the 10th Region. They've also had success in the two years that they chose Maysville as the host, (2013 Scott Runner Up) (2017 Scott Champ, Campbell Runner Up). But it's also okay to try something new as it's their turn to host as is written in the by-laws. Nothing disrespectful about it. I'm sure when all 8 region tourney teams take the floor they will play the game with value, principle, and respect. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

What makes you think Campbell MS is large enough to host the Regional.  To get Scott large enough to host, it would be cheaper just to construct a new gym.

It’s on the book to renovate the gym, build a practice gym, and build a new pool. 

If KCSD let’s Scott get all of their wish list…I’m sure it will be a viable option to host region.

10 minutes ago, Chip said:

It’s on the book to renovate the gym, build a practice gym, and build a new pool. 

If KCSD let’s Scott get all of their wish list…I’m sure it will be a viable option to host region.

If the Kenton County School District were to build an arena like Montgomery or Mason County it would make too much sense.  A 4-5,000 seat arena in the KCSD would mean they could host the 8th, 9th, and 10th Region Tournament and I would be fine with that.  They could also have graduations there instead of going to NKU and host a multitude of events.

However, it appears Scott and the KCSD will just be building a practice gym.  It still doesn’t make sense that schools like Bracken, Robertson, & Nicholas, have bigger gyms that Scott, SK, Dixie, & Campbell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brooksville said:

If the Kenton County School District were to build an arena like Montgomery or Mason County it would make too much sense.  A 4-5,000 seat arena in the KCSD would mean they could host the 8th, 9th, and 10th Region Tournament and I would be fine with that.  They could also have graduations there instead of going to NKU and host a multitude of events.

However, it appears Scott and the KCSD will just be building a practice gym.  It still doesn’t make sense that schools like Bracken, Robertson, & Nicholas, have bigger gyms that Scott, SK, Dixie, & Campbell.

If that’s the case…that’s a travesty. 

Scott MAIN Gym needs major TLC.

• Like 2

On the information release Scott’s AD sent out it said games would be streamed for $10 each.  Does anyone know who is streaming the games and where to watch?

However, If you read the document it still refers to the “The Fieldhouse” and the “2021” tournament so it might be a copy and paste job from last year’s information and was not taken out. 

It also says “Parking will be available at both lots on the campus of Holmes High School.  Bus and overflow parking will be available at Meiken Field.”  So it seems there will be parking, might just have to walk half a mile.  Hopefully they have a shuttle bus or something. 

5 minutes ago, brooksville said:

And without know the EXACT numbers of every gym listed…I’d have to agree to disagree.

I would have to think SK, Dixie, Campbell, and Scott is bigger than Robertson and Bracken. 

never been to Nicholas.

52 minutes ago, Chip said:

And without know the EXACT numbers of every gym listed…I’d have to agree to disagree.

I would have to think SK, Dixie, Campbell, and Scott is bigger than Robertson and Bracken. 

never been to Nicholas.

Dixie’s gym is the biggest in Kenton County, and seats roughly 1500, followed by Sk at about 1200 and Scott around 1000. They all “feel” about the same size when you are inside. CC holds about 1500 and “feels” bigger. 

I’ve been in Bracken, and it holds about 2000, and is certainly bigger than the 3 Kenton County Schools and CC. Nicholas is certainly biggest of them all and seats around 2500. Never been to Robertson, but from pics I’ve seen looks to be around the same size as the Kenton County schools.

1 hour ago, Chip said:

If that’s the case…that’s a travesty. 

Scott MAIN Gym needs major TLC.

Scott’s Gym is fine and in line with what you see in most high school settings. It could certainly stand to be bigger, and the floor (I think) is scheduled to be replaced, but saying it needs “major TLC” makes it sound like a dump, which it isn’t.