10th Region Tournament at Holmes?

12 hours ago, sumoroyal said:

Only two teams have to make the drive and down double a is such a terrible drive.  

That goes both ways. Since it's so easy, the two teams coming from the east shouldn't mind making the trip to Covington or Campbell County either.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sumoroyal said:

Only two teams have to make the drive and down double a is such a terrible drive.  

I have no problem with the AA during the day.  At night it's a little dicey as I expect a deer to run out in front of me at any minute.  Holmes is a NFHS Network member so the games may be viewable that way.  

1 hour ago, REALSPORT said:

I have no problem with the AA during the day.  At night it's a little dicey as I expect a deer to run out in front of me at any minute.  Holmes is a NFHS Network member so the games may be viewable that way.  

It does not appear they have an NFHS camera.  https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/holmes-high-school-covington-ky

Has anybody thought of the players?  If you took a poll of the players, I assume they would vote to go to the Fieldhouse instead of Holmes.  Players think that it is a golden opportunity to play here.  Especially the kids who play on a team that does not win the Region.  Adults ruin everything.  

• Like 1

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sumoroyal said:

Has anybody thought of the players?  If you took a poll of the players, I assume they would vote to go to the Fieldhouse instead of Holmes.  Players think that it is a golden opportunity to play here.  Especially the kids who play on a team that does not win the Region.  Adults ruin everything.  

If it was the Fieldhouse only, yes. Totally for that. But the argument that some have made is that the 37th should not be allowed to host the district and every other district should. I can’t get behind that but I could get behind a non-rotating site of the Fieldhouse. If Montgomery and Clark get to be sites as well as the Fieldhouse, then the 37th should have their choice as well.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, sumoroyal said:

The players would play the region games outside in a parking lot, using rims without nets. Sure the players might get a thrill out of playing in a D1 college arena. Again, the Fieldhouse is a very nice high school arena and certainly a fine place to play. But people often vastly overestimate how much the venue means to the players. Unless it's a college or professional venue, or it's an absolute dump, most players don't care where they play. The game is way more important to the venue.

• Like 6

The 10 Region “faithful/traditionalist” have treated the 37th like the red headed step child since they redrew regions…Schools not scheduling them cause they are “not a real 10th region team” or not voting for post season awards because “they are the outsiders”

The 37th District has DOMINATED the 10th region for the past 10 years. 

The traditionalist of the 10th need to be just a tad more open minded and let it rotate between districts. 

Does the 37th need to build a first class gym ASAP?!…YES and I think it could happen at Scott with the new renovations. 

P.S- I think of COVID wasn’t such a factor it would be at Campbell MS/HS or Scott. You can be a little more spread out at Holmes and as to many have pointed out before HS Bball attendance has dwindled year after year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

4-0 vote according to Evan Dennison. 

So much for history, tradition and solidarity.  

10th Region Tournament at Holmes.  Kind of has a sad ring to it.

We are no longer members of a once proud unit, but have simply become a geographic location.  Too bad!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mustang said:

So much for history, tradition and solidarity.  

10th Region Tournament at Holmes.  Kind of has a sad ring to it.

We are no longer members of a once proud unit, but have simply become a geographic location.  Too bad!

Huh? 

you’re still part of one of the best regions in the state. You just have to go to the COV for a week. 

I think everyone will live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1