10th Region Tournament at Holmes?

6 hours ago, brooksville said:

The word is the 37th District wants to have the 10th Region Tournament at Holmes.  BB&T Arena at NKU might not be available.  

I didn't realize the 10th was planning on playing at BB&T.  Why would want to play there with all the large gyms in the 10th?

6 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I didn't realize the 10th was planning on playing at BB&T.  Why would want to play there with all the large gyms in the 10th?

I'd imagine to actually cut down on the travel for those teams for once. Maybe none of the gyms in the 37th meet the criteria for hosting and this is the next local gym that does. Seems their closest region game is in Maysville and that isn't exactly right down the road. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I'd imagine to actually cut down on the travel for those teams for once. Maybe none of the gyms in the 37th meet the criteria for hosting and this is the next local gym that does. Seems their closest region game is in Maysville and that isn't exactly right down the road. 

This.

5 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

The drive from Mason County to GRC is about the same as from Scott/Campbell to GRC.  When the 40th hosts it’s a longer drive for everyone in the region, not just the 37th District schools.  Holmes only has a capacity of 3,000.  So can the 38th District chose to have it at Harrison County (3,200) next year?  If The 37th District wants to host region they should build a gym big enough to have it.  While it is more convenient and profitable to have it at Mason County I still gladly attended the region at Clark and Montgomery County.  Even at NKU I attended but disliked because of the cost, but having region at an out-of-region school just doesn’t make sense.  And when Mason County has won region at the Fieldhouse it’s not because they’re at home, it’s because they’re the better team

• Like 3

As an individual and certainly not speaking for Brossart High School, I am dead against hosting the 10th Region Tournament at Holmes High School.  There is nothing about Holmes High School, the longtime site of the 9th Region Tournament, that is 10th Region.

As good citizens of the 10th Region I am personally all in for having the tournament at the Mason County Fieldhouse, which is centrally located and well-positioned to host the 10th Region Tournament.

Back when the 10th Region Tournament was played at the new Bank of Kentucky Center, it made sense, bringing the tournament to this new world-class facility.  Were it still available to us, it would still make some sense to host the tournament here - but it is not.  Citing travel times, etc., seems somewhat vindictive, and further divides the 37th District from the 10th Region.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, brooksville said:

The drive from Mason County to GRC is about the same as from Scott/Campbell to GRC.  When the 40th hosts it’s a longer drive for everyone in the region, not just the 37th District schools.  Holmes only has a capacity of 3,000.  So can the 38th District chose to have it at Harrison County (3,200) next year?  If The 37th District wants to host region they should build a gym big enough to have it.  While it is more convenient and profitable to have it at Mason County I still gladly attended the region at Clark and Montgomery County.  Even at NKU I attended but disliked because of the cost, but having region at an out-of-region school just doesn’t make sense.  And when Mason County has won region at the Fieldhouse it’s not because they’re at home, it’s because they’re the better team

If they'd like to it seems they could.

7 hours ago, Mustang said:

As an individual and certainly not speaking for Brossart High School, I am dead against hosting the 10th Region Tournament at Holmes High School.  There is nothing about Holmes High School, the longtime site of the 9th Region Tournament, that is 10th Region.

As good citizens of the 10th Region I am personally all in for having the tournament at the Mason County Fieldhouse, which is centrally located and well-positioned to host the 10th Region Tournament.

Back when the 10th Region Tournament was played at the new Bank of Kentucky Center, it made sense, bringing the tournament to this new world-class facility.  Were it still available to us, it would still make some sense to host the tournament here - but it is not.  Citing travel times, etc., seems somewhat vindictive, and further divides the 37th District from the 10th Region.

Do you (or anyone) know if Holmes is actually under consideration as the host site for the 10th Region Tournament? 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Do you (or anyone) know if Holmes is actually under consideration as the host site for the 10th Region Tournament? 

Very much so.  It was discussed at the 10th Region Athletic Directors' meeting on Wednesday.

• Thanks 1