10th Region Tournament at Holmes?

15 minutes ago, brooksville said:

I’m all for the 10th Region Tournament being at Harrison County next year! 

Awesome pictures!

Would be a nice place to watch a region once every 4 years! 

And to be clear, I've had the pleasure of watching several fine teams and players from the 37th over the past few decades.  Their inclusion in the 10th has raised the profile of the region.   Recent Scott and Campbell runs in the Sweet 16 have done nothing but enhance the cachet of the 10th.  Some of those Mason County - Brossart games back in the day were worth ten times the price of admission.  And the 37th should obviously get its turn every four years just like the other three districts.  

I just don't like the idea of holding the regional tournament out-of-region.  Two steps forward for the 37th and its regional imprimatur (how many times have you seen that one on these hallowed pages, Runcible Owl?), one step back.

• Like 6

Hosting at CCMS (the biggest gym in the 37th) isn’t good enough…

Having it at a non-region site that is big enough to host and it still upsets the masses…

Does the 37th need a top tier gym ASAP? YES! This solves all (and it looks like that could happen at Scott) 

But this indication that the 37th should just skip their turn is unfair.

I hope for a great week of games at Holmes that are just as memorable as the past 10th Regional Tournaments have been.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mustang said:

Answering a question from the podcast.

Districts that choose to play at the Mason County Fieldhouse do not pay rent to use their facility.

Mason County does however receive a double-share.

Does the host team always get a double-share? Never knew that.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:19 PM, Chip said:

They still use the original scoreboards. They can’t do anything else with the floor since it has been sanded down so many times. They once had to wheel in speakers from the band to announce the game and they once had to cancel a game cause the main goal wouldn’t come down…and most recently one of the side goals wouldn’t go up so it hindered people’s views.

visiting team locker room is way too small 

Scott gym needs major TLC 

Problem is if the sign out front don’t say Dixie or SK the KCSD is in no hurry to fix or replace anything.  Scott can’t even get light bulbs replaced.  Score board and gym bulbs are out most of the year from day one of the season.  We play a game of how many can we find out in the ceiling or what is the score cause we have to guess the numbers.  

@mcpapa, would it change things for you if it was NKU and not Holmes? 

Also, I take a little umbrage to your middle school comment. Campbell Middle's gym is a former high school gym. The girls regional has been hosted there before as well as the All A Regional and the 37th district tournament for both boys and girls.