10th Region Tournament at Holmes?

1 hour ago, brooksville said:

Now that I have aired my grievances and fear mongered, while I don’t like the tournament at Holmes it will be “interesting”.  

Pros:

- If my team makes it to the finals I can take a personal day and spend the night at Hotel Covington before.  Then go to Smoke Justis. 
- It will allow and entire new audience of people to watch 10th Region Basketball and the teams in it.

Cons:

- Parking

- No plans to live-stream the games  

- Seating will not allow for crowds to social distance and space out. 

- Not a 10th Region school, but Holmes will make $4,500 from having our tournament plus thousands in concessions.

The $4500 number is not correct, Holmes will get concessions. 

23 minutes ago, brooksville said:

1D3BDC57-0B69-4F9F-8E8A-0F48D825BFC0.jpeg

I’m guessing the host school is one of the 37th teams…I would think it rotates like it does in other sports. Then whoever is the host team is has worked out some sort of deal with Holmes to pay for whatever Holmes needs to provide in terms of staff, and then is allowing Holmes to keep concessions. I could be completely wrong though.

Fascinating discussion.  Since there is no neutral site (ie. Owensboro Sportscenter, McBrayer Arena) available in or near the 10th, rotate each year.  I love visiting different sites, giving different folks opportunity to host, allowing different fan bases to attend.  37th-CCMS, Holmes; 38th-Harrison, Nicholas; 39th-Mason; 40th-GRC, MoCo.  BB&T is too expensive ($25000).  The days of capacity being an issue are ten years behind us.  See you all in March!

2 hours ago, jahearme said:

So Holmes is giving up their gym/their electricity/custodial staff for nothing?

No, not giving up gym for nothing, maybe I miss worded it, they are renting it, but it is not for 4,500, they will keep concessions, the only one working the game that normally does for Holmes games is the clock keeper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

How's the popcorn at Holmes?  That's the most pressing question here.

I agree, you came to the right guy here, I jokingly tell everyone that I go around the state rating popcorn, people will text me when Holmes is on the road and ask my rating, I send a pic and rating  to them, I told the concessions lady at Henry Clay a few years ago that Scott County was number 1, she took my popcorn back, added salt and the butter looking salt and said, now try it. Sorry Mason County folks, I know your proud of your popcorn, and it’s very good and a nice serving, but I still have Scott County number 1, if it’s micro wave , I don’t even bother getting it. Ok as far as Holmes popcorn goes, it depends on who makes it, different sports organization run it different nights , I guarantee if Softball has concessions,  ( I’m the coach) it will be buttered, salted and fresh, I rated it a 7.5 the other night. Enjoy the popcorn, I highly recommend the hot Mets , but get a cold drink with it. Enjoy the tournament, safe travels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, allsport71 said:

Sorry Mason County folks, I know your proud of your popcorn, and it’s very good and a nice serving, but I still have Scott County number 1

I've never had a bag of corn at Scott County, so I can't give a fair assessment.  But I can say I've never had better popcorn than The Fieldhouse.

I like the sound of Mets, though.  

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 9:47 PM, jahearme said:

Those numbers are paid attendees. It doesn’t take into consideration the pass list, bands, cheerleaders, support staff, concession workers, etc. I can promise you there were more than 2,500 people in the gym for the Finals at GRC in 2020. 

On 1/17/2022 at 10:51 PM, 4 Quarters said:

Yes, I was there also, I'm guessing at least 3,500 people in the stands and maybe more.

Cheerleaders, staff, concession workers do not sit in the stands. There are very few passes for tournament games. Yes, the bands take up seats. The stated attendance should be very close to the actual attendance.

• Thanks 1

I like the Fieldhouse popcorn, because when I'm eating it we are usually playing in a regional tournament or big game.  I recently found Calvary Christian's to be good, and I still remember some that I got at the Owensboro Sportscenter and that has been nearly 20 years ago.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allsport71 said:

I agree, you came to the right guy here, I jokingly tell everyone that I go around the state rating popcorn, people will text me when Holmes is on the road and ask my rating, I send a pic and rating  to them, I told the concessions lady at Henry Clay a few years ago that Scott County was number 1, she took my popcorn back, added salt and the butter looking salt and said, now try it. Sorry Mason County folks, I know your proud of your popcorn, and it’s very good and a nice serving, but I still have Scott County number 1, if it’s micro wave , I don’t even bother getting it. Ok as far as Holmes popcorn goes, it depends on who makes it, different sports organization run it different nights , I guarantee if Softball has concessions,  ( I’m the coach) it will be buttered, salted and fresh, I rated it a 7.5 the other night. Enjoy the popcorn, I highly recommend the hot Mets , but get a cold drink with it. Enjoy the tournament, safe travels.

Hot mets? Sign me up. 

• Like 2