Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

UKMustangFan

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels 2m2 minutes ago

2018 five-star guard Anfernee Simons (Anfernee Simons, IMG Academy, Shooting Guard …) just decommitted from Louisville. No. 14 player in the country.

Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels 3m3 minutes ago

Five-star PG Courtney Ramey just decommitted from Louisville, his father, Terrell Ramey, tells Scout | Story: Five-star point guard Courtney Ramey decommits from Louisville

Do you think they are mad they got paid less than $100k?

I am willing to bet no one is totally clean...it will come down to them taking out the most dirty ones...

Again, this isn't about cleaning up college basketball. If Cal paid for a player's dad to fly to the SEC tourney with cash, no one knows and no one is digging for that. It is about using third parties to funnel money for influence, and who received the money, and did they pay taxes on it. The FBI has zero interest in cleaning up college hoops. There are tons of major schools playing loose and fast with cash (small amounts, little things, not tractors like on "Blue Chips"), and at this point, no one is batting an eye at that stuff.

I know an ACC coach personally that takes money out of his account every day via an ATM and puts it in an envelope for things that may come up. Every day.

Consider this. I was told recently on prominent EYBL program had a budget of 300K to build their 17U roster this year. If they are getting 50K plus to play AAU of course they are going to expect to get paid when they go to college...

There could be a bunch of young athletes losing their NCAA eligibility in the near future.

Ponder this, what if the FBI uncovers that the NCAA was aware of the third-party shenanigans, and money changing hands, and turned a blind-eye to it...imagine how that will go?

There is no doubt in my mind that the NCAA knew this kind of stuff was going on. They never acted on it because if they punished everyone appropriately they would take a huge financial loss. That's the main reason I never thought anything like this would happen, because I knew the NCAA would never open that can of worms. The feds on the other hand, well they don't care what the NCAA's profit margin is, so who know how this all ends.