Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Featured Replies

Gee, and to think, we thought the movie Blue Chips was over the top back in the day!

  • Replies 593
  • Views 76.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charge Mark Emmert with a RICO violation? That would be fantastic.

 

Am I sensing that you would somehow derive perverse enjoyment of it, should that happen? :lol2:

Am I sensing that you would somehow derive perverse enjoyment of it, should that happen? :lol2:

I don't know Mark Emmert from Marc Anthony, but the fall-out from that would be unbelievable. The NCAA is full of pompous people who can be as condescending as the day is long, so yeah, watching that unfold may be slightly entertaining.

Wouldn't all of this fall under one, massive, organized crime umbrella?

 

RICO come into play?

I don't know Mark Emmert from Marc Anthony, but the fall-out from that would be unbelievable. The NCAA is full of pompous people who can be as condescending as the day is long, so yeah, watching that unfold may be slightly entertaining.

 

If the FBI turned their sights on the NCAA, I'd imagine a scene similar to pouring hot water on an ant hill.

Next year's Final Four:

 

Vermont

Pepperdine

Sam Houston State

Louisiana Tech

 

I was thinking something almost identical to that . :lol2:

While I firmly believe the NCAA knew this was going on, there will be no charges brought up on them. It will be too hard to prove any involvement and honestly I don't think they were involved with anything illegal, they just likely know it was happening. In other words, the NCAA isn't going to waste their time investigating the NCAA itself as there wouldn't be anything substantial to charge them with. The worst thing that could (and it may) happen to the NCAA with this is that it completely collapses and schools jump ship, forming their own leagues.

Charge Mark Emmert with a RICO violation? That would be fantastic.

 

That would be hilarious

Next year's Final Four:

 

Vermont

Pepperdine

Sam Houston State

Louisiana Tech

 

I think you're really sleeping on Vandy, Northwestern, Stanford and the Ivy winner (Harvard or whomever), as they will likely be #1 seeds.

 

The real surprise is that Cal Tech, in its triumphant move up to D-I, not only logs a winning season, but wins a play-in game and takes Stanford to the limit before falling in OT in the first round.

Alabama has randomly fired an administrator after being "proactive" and finding an internal problem after yesterday.

Miami (FL) says they are now under FBI investigation.

Alabama is now under investigation as well

  • Author

Apparently the FBI informant had ties to UNC basketball.

Miami (FL) says they are now under FBI investigation.

 

Recruitment of Nassir Little. His AAU coach was one of the people arrested yesterday...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.