Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

UKMustangFan

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I sensing that you would somehow derive perverse enjoyment of it, should that happen? :lol2:

I don't know Mark Emmert from Marc Anthony, but the fall-out from that would be unbelievable. The NCAA is full of pompous people who can be as condescending as the day is long, so yeah, watching that unfold may be slightly entertaining.

I don't know Mark Emmert from Marc Anthony, but the fall-out from that would be unbelievable. The NCAA is full of pompous people who can be as condescending as the day is long, so yeah, watching that unfold may be slightly entertaining.

If the FBI turned their sights on the NCAA, I'd imagine a scene similar to pouring hot water on an ant hill.

While I firmly believe the NCAA knew this was going on, there will be no charges brought up on them. It will be too hard to prove any involvement and honestly I don't think they were involved with anything illegal, they just likely know it was happening. In other words, the NCAA isn't going to waste their time investigating the NCAA itself as there wouldn't be anything substantial to charge them with. The worst thing that could (and it may) happen to the NCAA with this is that it completely collapses and schools jump ship, forming their own leagues.

Next year's Final Four:

Vermont

Pepperdine

Sam Houston State

Louisiana Tech

I think you're really sleeping on Vandy, Northwestern, Stanford and the Ivy winner (Harvard or whomever), as they will likely be #1 seeds.

The real surprise is that Cal Tech, in its triumphant move up to D-I, not only logs a winning season, but wins a play-in game and takes Stanford to the limit before falling in OT in the first round.