Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Featured Replies

Sounding like it, but no one really believed he didn't, did they?

 

But now this could mean an actual crime couldn't it ?

  • Replies 593
  • Views 76.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
But now this could mean an actual crime couldn't it ?

 

I don't know. If "Coach 2" didn't personally handle any of the cash, did he commit a crime?

It means Pitino had direct knowledge of things.

I don't know. If "Coach 2" didn't personally handle any of the cash, did he commit a crime?

 

Like I said in the other thread for his sake I hope he wasn't wire tapped. If he helped facilitate the wire transfer there could be a conspiracy charge. I know guys in the finance world who have got a charge without touching the money.

I see two outcomes of this investigation:

 

1. It's not everyone doing it and the schools that are doing it are only trying to keep up with Duke, UK, KU, and UNC.

2. Everyone's doing it and the NCAA financially won't be able to punish everyone which is going to lead to new NCAA rules.

Am I supposed to believe this will only affect men's basketball? Does the FBI dare take a look under the hood of the FBS?

It means Pitino had direct knowledge of things.

 

Direct knowledge of what? As I posted in another thread, the phone call could have been the Adidas rep telling Pitino he has Bowen lined up to sign with U of L. Does Pitino need to know anything about the money or why Bowen is choosing UL? Is there anything in the information released so far where Pitino specifically talks about the money?

 

I am not saying Pitino didn't know about the money. I am saying I have not seen any proof the FBI has that he did know about the money and I don't think Pitino needed to know about the money.

Direct knowledge of what? As I posted in another thread, the phone call could have been the Adidas rep telling Pitino he has Bowen lined up to sign with U of L. Does Pitino need to know anything about the money or why Bowen is choosing UL? Is there anything in the information released so far where Pitino specifically talks about the money?

 

I am not saying Pitino didn't know About the money. I am saying I have not seen any proof the FBI has that he did know about the money and I don't think Pitino needed to know about the money.

 

They almost certainly have audio and probably video of the conversations.

  • Author
Direct knowledge of what? As I posted in another thread, the phone call could have been the Adidas rep telling Pitino he has Bowen lined up to sign with U of L. Does Pitino need to know anything about the money or why Bowen is choosing UL? Is there anything in the information released so far where Pitino specifically talks about the money?

 

I am not saying Pitino didn't know about the money. I am saying I have not seen any proof the FBI has that he did know about the money and I don't think Pitino needed to know about the money.

 

Louisville.jpg

 

"the involvement of Coach 2 in securing funding from Company 1 for Player 10's family"

They almost certainly have audio and probably video of the conversations.

 

They probably do. The key question will be does Pitino or do any other coaches talk about money with these shoe company reps in the conversations.

[ATTACH]63991[/ATTACH]

 

"the involvement of Coach 2 in securing funding from Company 1 for Player 10's family"

 

Thanks UKMF. That is the more specific type of proof I had not seen yet on coach 2/Pitino actually being involved in the money conversations.

Am I supposed to believe this will only affect men's basketball? Does the FBI dare take a look under the hood of the FBS?

 

FBI doesn't care about cleaning up college sports. That isn't what this about.

FBI doesn't care about cleaning up college sports. That isn't what this about.

 

I understand that.

 

Do the same/similar things not happen in college football? Are they not crimes in college football?

I understand that.

 

Do the same/similar things not happen in college football? Are they not crimes in college football?

 

I'm sure money is changing hands. But they don't have the AAU/Shoe company problem.

  • Author
I understand that.

 

Do the same/similar things not happen in college football? Are they not crimes in college football?

 

I'm sure there are. Do they have a guy brought up on charges that has the dirt on it? That's the only reason this occurred. Dude sang like a canary to save his own tail.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.