Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Featured Replies

I wonder if this was the only time/first time Pitino has done this or if it was an occurring activity that he was involved with? I feel like this was one of those desperate times calls for desperate measures kind of thing. He's never really recruited one and dones, especially the Brian Bowen type.

  • Replies 593
  • Views 76.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

^He absolutely has recruited one and dones. He just hasn't landed them.

I'm sure there are. Do they have a guy brought up on charges that has the dirt on it YET? That's the only reason this occurred. Dude sang like a canary to save his own tail.

 

We're in day three. I just have a feeling this is going to get really messy, and I'm hoping it ends with the "student-athletes" playing for real, legitimate money.

This is a great read on the timeline of things.

 

The inside story of how the FBI brought the words corruption

 

 

The FBI announced Tuesday that 10 people, including four college basketball assistant coaches, were arrested as part of a two-year investigation into bribes and other corruption in the sport.

 

Assistant coaches from Arizona, Auburn, Louisville, Miami, Oklahoma State and USC were implicated in the investigation, and on Wednesday, Louisville announced that athletic director Tom Jurich and longtime basketball coach Rick Pitino have been placed on administrative leave.

 

Joon H. Kim, acting U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, told reporters that the investigation is ongoing. There might be additional arrests, and more schools might be involved.

 

Court records and sealed complaints released by the U.S. Attorney's office reveal an elaborate, clandestine FBI investigation that has involved wiretaps, surveillance video, undercover agents and cooperating witnesses. Here is a look at some of the findings:

The more I read about this the more I realize that AAU basketball is an absolute cesspool and unfortunately has became the premier place for college coaches to watch players. Ultimately, if this leads to the downfall of the current AAU system that I'll be ecstatic. AAU unchecked will eventually kill high school basketball.

Hard for me to believe someone just randomly starts cheating all of a sudden.

The more I read about this the more I realize that AAU basketball is an absolute cesspool and unfortunately has became the premier place for college coaches to watch players. Ultimately, if this leads to the downfall of the current AAU system that I'll be ecstatic. AAU unchecked will eventually kill high school basketball.

AAU is destroying HS basketball and anyone who doesn't see it is simply turning a blind eye.

When it is going to be real interesting is when people like Gatto, Cade, and others who were arrested start cutting deals. The names are going to come out. Some of these guys are facing 80 years in prison. That is much different than a slap on the wrist from the ncaa.

  • Author

Dakich tweeted out that "word on the street is Richardson is already singing"....

Hard for me to believe someone just randomly starts cheating all of a sudden.

 

Why? You see recruiting starting to slip and you try to get back on top.

I was just getting on to post that. Pitino as Coach 2 is the end of Pitino.

I don't think it will happen, nor do I want it to happen, but what are the possibilities of Pitino serving prison time? I know from what I've read Auburn's Chuck Person is in a world of trouble and facing jail time.

Put on your tin hats BBN, I think this was a set up from Kentucky since the 90's. I think Pitino loved Kentucky so much, they figured out how to get him to destroy Louisville and take everyone down with him.

Put on your tin hats BBN, I think this was a set up from Kentucky since the 90's. I think Pitino loved Kentucky so much, they figured out how to get him to destroy Louisville and take everyone down with him.

 

YASSSS, now we're talking!

With the way it is now, college basketball and AAU cannot coexist without corruption.

With the way it is now, college basketball and AAU cannot coexist without corruption.

 

AAU is just the latest avenue. Cheating in CBB has been going on a long time...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.