May 28, 200917 yr As I mentioned before, I am not that concerned at all about this. People will pile on and so forth...but so be it.
May 28, 200917 yr Explain. D Rose comes from probably one of the most screwed up urban public school areas in the entire country. As for travel, this sounds like a clerical issue at the administrative level regarding reimbursement.
May 28, 200917 yr As a Duke fan, I will do the best I can to offer a "neutral" take on this. I could take shots at UK, Cal, so on and so on, but that stalls the discussion. I think a poll should be put up asking how this affects people's thoughts of Calipari. Honestly, I am not surprised this has happened. Is Coach Cal guilty? Who knows and chances are we won't ever truly find out what he did or didn't know. If I am a UK Fan I am finding out who that "known associate" of Derrick Rose was and I am hoping that the "known associate" pays his own way if the "known associate" happens to come check out Cal and his UK players in action. Either way it goes, it is not going to look good IF Memphis has to vacate their 38 wins and final four appearance. That would mean Calipari has been to 2 Final Fours, but both have been vacated. That's not a good look no matter what color your glasses are shaded.
May 28, 200917 yr As a Duke fan, I will do the best I can to offer a "neutral" take on this. I could take shots at UK, Cal, so on and so on, but that stalls the discussion. I think a poll should be put up asking how this affects people's thoughts of Calipari. Honestly, I am not surprised this has happened. Is Coach Cal guilty? Who knows and chances are we won't ever truly find out what he did or didn't know. If I am a UK Fan I am finding out who that "known associate" of Derrick Rose was and I am hoping that the "known associate" pays his own way if the "known associate" happens to come check out Cal and his UK players in action. Either way it goes, it is not going to look good IF Memphis has to vacate their 38 wins and final four appearance. That would mean Calipari has been to 2 Final Fours, but both have been vacated. That's not a good look no matter what color your glasses are shaded. It's fodder nothing more than fodder....for the crowd that is skeptical of Cal. This issue has nothing on the Duke-Corey Maggette-Myron Piggie deal and Duke didnt forfeit their national runner-up.
May 28, 200917 yr After perusing the NCAA letter, it appears that the golf coach has numerous issues. Wonder if that will get much national media attention, or just the big name basketball coach/program? I was a little confused on the transportation issues for men's basketball which seemed to be a big chunk of the hoops investigation.
May 28, 200917 yr I noticed the same thing about the Women's Golf coach when I was reading through it. Seems like she broke almost every rule in the book from those reports lol.
May 28, 200917 yr After perusing the NCAA letter, it appears that the golf coach has numerous issues. Wonder if that will get much national media attention, or just the big name basketball coach/program? I was a little confused on the transportation issues for men's basketball which seemed to be a big chunk of the hoops investigation. C'mon, MT. How often is college golf on TV, let alone getting coverage in the papers?
May 28, 200917 yr I seem to remember some little story about my favorite school hiring a guy who had previous sanctions and getting absolutely killed for it. IF this is true, WOW! Watch out.... That would be true. IU hired a coach who was under NCAA sanctions when he was hired. His recruiting was restricted when he showed up on campus and he continued to break the rules to the extent that any school that wishes to hire him has to present a case to the NCAA that he should be allowed to coach. However, Calipari was never implicated in the UMass investigation and was never sanctioned by the NCAA. Spin it how you want but Sampson was in trouble WHEN he was hired by IU. Calipari has never been sanctioned and is not under any restrictions now. It isn't the same thing.
May 28, 200917 yr This wreaks of World Wide Wes... :thumb: When I heard the news I thought of his name first...
May 28, 200917 yr Wireman we all know that it wasn't Coach Cal. It was Eric Manual that took the SAT.................................. We have officially come full circle. For years, people referred to the Louisville school known as "Manual" as "Manuel" because of Eric Manuel's prominence in UK's basketball program. Now, 20 years after he came and went, he's being referred to as "Manual" ...
May 28, 200917 yr Of course not. Calipari is one step below God and one step above Moses in the eyes of Kentucky fans. Of course there is nothing to worry about. Wow, sounds like somebody has some issues with Calipari. In any event, he wasn't mentioned in the report, regardless of how UK fans look at him.
May 28, 200917 yr Author This wreaks of World Wide Wes... :thumb: When I heard the news I thought of his name first... Why? That is the last person I thought of. He can afford his own way to any event and is seen at every major event. Are he and Cal both dumb enough to commit a violation when there is no need to do so?
May 28, 200917 yr I can't help but think of the reaction if this were UL, IU, NC, or Duke's Coach? Would it still be no big deal?
May 28, 200917 yr I honestly do not think that it is that big of a deal as of right now no matter what school it is. I need to hear all of the facts though before I decide how big of a deal it really is.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.