May 28, 200917 yr I know. Fiery is right...wiery should be wirey. I didn't want to deflate the jokes and good times by playing english teacher. Thanks. You've ruined everything. Plus, I thought Deuce might have had some reason for spelling it that way...inside joke sort of thing. Who knows? It may be right I don't know, but he did graduate from UL didn't he?:idunno:
May 28, 200917 yr Plus, I thought Deuce might have had some reason for spelling it that way...inside joke sort of thing. Who knows? Good grief.. A guy makes one typo and all is lost. :ohbrother: :lol:
May 28, 200917 yr It may be right I don't know, but he did graduate from UL didn't he?:idunno: I'll be sure to pick through your posts with a fine-toothed comb...
May 28, 200917 yr I'll be sure to pick through your posts with a fine-toothed comb... Gee can't take a little humor today? Usually the Mods pick through mine before anyone else gets to.:sssh:
May 28, 200917 yr Good grief.. A guy makes one typo and all is lost. :ohbrother: :lol: Hey, I was gonna let it slide man. This time anyway...
May 28, 200917 yr Here is an interesting take: Under ordinary circumstances, the issues involving the basketball team would be disposed of fairly simply. The accusation that a player, reportedly star point guard Derrick Rose, did not take his own SAT is a huge deal. There's not much worse than academic fraud. But this customarily would not constitute a major violation against the program because no Memphis staff member is alleged to have facilitated it or known about it. A charge that a family member of a player received free travel, reportedly Rose's brother Reggie, would be disposed of with a check to reimburse the university for its expense. It's not so neat and quiet now. The charges are a big deal in Memphis, Kentucky and in places where people have some interest in Kentucky basketball, which is more or less everywhere. The semantics and technicalities of why the basketball charges are considered to be major won't really matter.
May 28, 200917 yr Author Here is an interesting take: Under ordinary circumstances, the issues involving the basketball team would be disposed of fairly simply. The accusation that a player, reportedly star point guard Derrick Rose, did not take his own SAT is a huge deal. There's not much worse than academic fraud. But this customarily would not constitute a major violation against the program because no Memphis staff member is alleged to have facilitated it or known about it. A charge that a family member of a player received free travel, reportedly Rose's brother Reggie, would be disposed of with a check to reimburse the university for its expense. It's not so neat and quiet now. The charges are a big deal in Memphis, Kentucky and in places where people have some interest in Kentucky basketball, which is more or less everywhere. The semantics and technicalities of why the basketball charges are considered to be major won't really matter. 98, now that it is looking more and more like nothing why aren't you on here railing UK fans? Deuce, like mentioned earlier it's similar to the Pitino situation. Cal really did do nothing unless he knew about the supposed cheating and people jumped the gun. Just like Pitino didn't do anything illegal and the gun was jumped.
May 29, 200917 yr Author My only question would be what did Rose's brother do to be able to afford flying on the private jet for most or all of the road trips? If he had income and the NCAA cleared Rose w/ Memphis knowing nothing about the supposed cheating then this is really a non Caliparis issue whatsoever. Maybe that's why the NCAA had nothing about him being involved.
May 29, 200917 yr Let's face it, cheating on an SAT is a major infraction, but the NCAA should penalize itself. They are the organization that said Rose was good to go. I actually feel pretty good that the NCAA tore the basketball program to shreds and these are the only things they found. I do have one question - what in the heck was going on within the women's golf program at Memphis?
May 29, 200917 yr Author Let's face it, cheating on an SAT is a major infraction, but the NCAA should penalize itself. They are the organization that said Rose was good to go. I actually feel pretty good that the NCAA tore the basketball program to shreds and these are the only things they found. I do have one question - what in the heck was going on within the women's golf program at Memphis? It's a major infraction on the player only. Unless Memphis knew about it. I highly doubt they did. It would be crazy to take that kind of chance. It goes back to why would you not cheat if you're the player? You're a top 5 player after taking 4 classes. The system is the failure here.
May 29, 200917 yr It's a major infraction on the player only. Unless Memphis knew about it. I highly doubt they did. It would be crazy to take that kind of chance. It goes back to why would you not cheat if you're the player? You're a top 5 player after taking 4 classes. The system is the failure here. Perhaps. But if it comes to pass that Memphis St. has to vacate their FF berth, that would be two on Calipari's watch. That means two players he recruited engaged in questionable behavior, whether the coach knew it or not. If I'm a UK fan, that makes me very, very nervous about the character of the players he recruits.
May 29, 200917 yr Author Perhaps. But if it comes to pass that Memphis St. has to vacate their FF berth, that would be two on Calipari's watch. That means two players he recruited engaged in questionable behavior, whether the coach knew it or not. If I'm a UK fan, that makes me very, very nervous about the character of the players he recruits. True, but the NCAA said he was good to go. If Caliapari had no idea what was he supposed to do? Follow him to the test site?
May 29, 200917 yr Perhaps. But if it comes to pass that Memphis St. has to vacate their FF berth, that would be two on Calipari's watch. That means two players he recruited engaged in questionable behavior, whether the coach knew it or not. If I'm a UK fan, that makes me very, very nervous about the character of the players he recruits. We know you're not so you don't have to worry Jim.
May 29, 200917 yr Like it or not, this is two times now that Coach Cal has been directly linked to something fishy. It reflects poorly on Memphis and the NCAA, and most of all the kid who cheated, but it DEFINITELY reflects on Calipari. I love the blinders some people put on.
May 29, 200917 yr Like it or not, this is two times now that Coach Cal has been directly linked to something fishy. It reflects poorly on Memphis and the NCAA, and most of all the kid who cheated, but it DEFINITELY reflects on Calipari. I love the blinders some people put on. If someone took the test for him at his school how would Cal know anything about it? I doubt Rose told him, hey I got this guy to take my SAT for me. That is what all indications are as to what happened.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.