May 28, 200917 yr Funny how people want to connect WWW to the plane ticket issue, but it is Reggie Rose involved on the flights. The AAU issue is another. Exactly why the AAU summer evaluation period for coaches needs to be abolished. Take away their influence of money, shoes etc. The flight issue is an institutional problem, not a coaching problem. Boosters fly all the time with the team. They need to pay it back. Happens everywhere. In addition, I highly recommend people read the book 'Sole Influence' by Dan Wetzel. You may even want revisit Myron Piggie-Corey Maggette and Duke.
May 28, 200917 yr I don't want to hear about UL/IU fans calling out UK... Both those programs get BLASTED every opportunity there is, yet when UK is under the microscope, how dare we (UL/IU/UC/Duke fans) even open our mouths as to say someone at UK MIGHT be guilty... What is UK guilty of here?
May 28, 200917 yr Anyone know where this SAT took place...was it at the high school or another place set up for test taking. Also to who was monitoring this test...I know when I took this test and the ACT that a monitor was there and you had to show positive ID of who you were and they closely monitored the situation. Would also like to know how this was reported and how long did this person know about any "allegedly" wrong doing in the matter before coming forward in the case. Not saying nothing happened in this case with the "student" and whether or not he did or did not take the test himself...but just curious as to how this came about.
May 28, 200917 yr Exactly why the AAU summer evaluation period for coaches needs to be abolished. Take away their influence of money, shoes etc. Take that away and the shoe companies, and money, will just shift to the high school level...
May 28, 200917 yr AAU should pack up the balls after state championships. Only kids from Ky should be playing on Ky teams and so on and so forth. Cal mentioned in his press conference he wished there was no summer ball. He refered to a kid that didn't do the AAU summer stuff and ended up at a school pretty close to home. When other coaches saw the kid and how good he was they asked the coach how he ended up with that good a player. His response was he didn't do the AAU thing so you all didn't get to see him.
May 28, 200917 yr Take that away and the shoe companies, and money, will just shift to the high school level... Possibly so, but I would think it would be more regulated than it is now. Very little accountability as it is.
May 28, 200917 yr Possibly so, but I would think it would be more regulated than it is now. Very little accountability as it is. Plus it would mean the only time they could truly evaluate players is in the middle of the season against usually inferior competition. Recipe for disaster when it comes to evaluating talent...
May 28, 200917 yr I want to put my two cents worth in here. If the NCAA had not changed the rule on letting players go to the NBA straight from High School we would not be talking about this. Let these high profile players go on and we will not be seeing all the crap that is going on now. IMO, anytime you have these types of players you are going to have trouble. History is showing us that players that have so called handlers are trouble. I made a statement in a thread a while back about John Wall and his handler that I didn't like the recruiting of a kid that has baggage and a handler is baggage. It may never come out, but IMO, Wall has more baggage than we want to believe. I just hope it does not come back to bite us in the behind like this Rose thing with Memphis St. People on here who think that Coaches know everything that these kid are doing are pretty gullible. My kids did things that they are telling me about now that I would have never believed happened and I lived with them. If there are parents out there with older children they know exactly what I am talking about. So you people who believe that Coach Cal had to know have not a clue.
May 28, 200917 yr Plus it would mean the only time they could truly evaluate players is in the middle of the season against usually inferior competition. Recipe for disaster when it comes to evaluating talent... Understand your point. However, I wonder what college coaches think? What would they like to do about it? The NCAA has reduced it some. Some posters have said the issue of the one and done has caused problems. They have a very valid point there. It has gotten out of hand. Good coaches will find good players.
May 28, 200917 yr The report was the result of an NCAA investigation into the men's basketball program that began roughly one year ago. It does not include allegations of lack of institutional control, meaning Memphis would likely avoid serious penalties that would have an impact on the program going forward. It is funny how the rich get richer, etc. UK being for a long time the weak sister of SEC football got investigated after finally having some successes. U Memphis after their national championship appearance gets investigated. The NCAA is like the government. When they audit you they are going to find something!
May 28, 200917 yr You gotta watch RP... He's "wiery." :lol: I used to be...before I got married. Now I'm "fiery". (Fat + wiery) It's still early in the process though...I have time to fix this situation if I act now.
May 28, 200917 yr ^ Better act now. I went and got a new work ID yesterday and some fat guys picture was on it.
May 28, 200917 yr I used to be...before I got married. Now I'm "fiery". (Fat + wiery) It's still early in the process though...I have time to fix this situation if I act now. I think you should not copy Deuce's spelling of certain words.:lol:
May 28, 200917 yr ^ Better act now. I went and got a new work ID yesterday and some fat guys picture was on it. :laugh: I'm not there yet, but if I keep it up as I'm currently going, I will be in less than 5 years. :scared: I blame it on my wife.
May 28, 200917 yr I think you should not copy Deuce's spelling of certain words.:lol: I know. Fiery is right...wiery should be wirey. I didn't want to deflate the jokes and good times by playing english teacher. Thanks. You've ruined everything. Plus, I thought Deuce might have had some reason for spelling it that way...inside joke sort of thing. Who knows?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.