Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA allegations on D. Rose at Memphis

Featured Replies

I can't help but think of the reaction if this were UL, IU, NC, or Duke's Coach? Would it still be no big deal?

 

To their fans, yes.

 

To the outside world, no.

 

Just like it is with Kentucky.

 

If precious Indiana had hired Calipari and these allegations had surfaced, you can bet that the majority of the Hoosier faithful would downplay it, and you cannot deny that. However, the national media and rival fans would blow it out of proportion, just like the situation is happening with Kentucky.

 

Hoosier, Cardinal, Tar Heel, and Blue Devil fans are just like Kentucky fans. Don't let your crimson glasses tarnish your view.

  • Replies 227
  • Views 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't help but think of the reaction if this were UL, IU, NC, or Duke's Coach? Would it still be no big deal?
I believe you are painting a pretty broad brush in maybe not the most accurate direction, 98.

 

I believe 99% of UK fans find these allegations disturbing. Just as I believe a majority of the fans jumped on the Calipari bandwagon when hired with one eye closed. The "no big deal" talk is more from those that believe UK and Coach Cal will not be penalized for this... in which case it is "no big deal." Just as it was "no big deal" when he was hired despite a lingering reputation of being shady and wins being vacated at UMass.

 

Now, when Cal leaves a few years from now and a national championship is vacated, then it is a "big deal." :D

  • Author
I can't help but think of the reaction if this were UL, IU, NC, or Duke's Coach? Would it still be no big deal?

 

I think it's funny that the NCAA has said Cal had nothing to do w/ it, yet fans of UL, IU, NC, and Duke are worried how the UK fan is reacting.

 

Most fans deep down worried about Caliapri's reputation. The thing is that is all it was. He has 0 infractions and still won't after this.

 

I'm worried a lot that something may happen while he's here that comes out at some point. I'm not at all worried about this. Disclaimer: If Cal knew about a test score that was illegal and looked the other way I want him fired and a new coach hired before the start of the season.

The test score doesn't bothere me at all. The plane ticket deal reeks of WWW

Hearing the NCAA now has a handwriting expert looking at the test to see if Rose even took it, and that there are some AAU folks talking about money exchanging hands...

  • Author
The test score doesn't bothere me at all. The plane ticket deal reeks of WWW

 

The rivals article said it was Rose's brother and he did it more than once but it was paid back. How it was paid back I'm not sure. It looks like it was a paperwork error. I don't understand why people are pointing at WWW. He has his own money and his own connections. He can go anywhere he wants.

Hearing the NCAA now has a handwriting expert looking at the test to see if Rose even took it, and that there are some AAU folks talking about money exchanging hands...

 

From what I understand, it is Rose's handwriting on the test. Though some Memphis folks are saying that it is someone else (a teammate).

 

The money exchanging hands that I think you are referring to is more figurative and it is being made out to be literal.

I think it's funny that the NCAA has said Cal had nothing to do w/ it, yet fans of UL, IU, NC, and Duke are worried how the UK fan is reacting.

 

Just like when Pitino called the FBI, yet many UK fans on here were still digging, trying to say he did something illegal? But that's probably different, right?

Just like when Pitino called the FBI, yet many UK fans on here were still digging, trying to say he did something illegal? But that's probably different, right?

 

All fans are exactly alike. We all defend our team. So when Louisville and Indiana fans call Kentucky fans out on this, they can also look at themselves when things happen to their team.

From what I understand, it is Rose's handwriting on the test. Though some Memphis folks are saying that it is someone else (a teammate).

 

The money exchanging hands that I think you are referring to is more figurative and it is being made out to be literal.

 

All I got from this post is that you have NO idea what the real story is... :lol:

All fans are exactly alike. We all defend our team. So when Louisville and Indiana fans call Kentucky fans out on this, they can also look at themselves when things happen to their team.

 

I don't want to hear about UL/IU fans calling out UK... Both those programs get BLASTED every opportunity there is, yet when UK is under the microscope, how dare we (UL/IU/UC/Duke fans) even open our mouths as to say someone at UK MIGHT be guilty...

All I got from this post is that you have NO idea what the real story is... :lol:

 

I don't know how you come to that conclusion...

I don't want to hear about UL/IU fans calling out UK... Both those programs get BLASTED every opportunity there is, yet when UK is under the microscope, how dare we (UL/IU/UC/Duke fans) even open our mouths as to say someone at UK MIGHT be guilty...

 

Two problems:

 

How did the Louisville fans stand up for Pitino? All we heard was there was no proof, you can't judge him until it is proven, yada, yada, yada.

 

Two, there is no possible way Kentucky could be guilty in what is currently happening.

 

Don't act like Hoosier and Cardinal fans are any different. Louisville stood behind Pitino like a rock.

  • Author
Just like when Pitino called the FBI, yet many UK fans on here were still digging, trying to say he did something illegal? But that's probably different, right?

 

No it's almost exactly the same. I am one that never even hinted that he did anything illegal. If you do something illegal you don't call the cops in that instance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.