Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

cardinalsvoice

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cardinalsvoice

  1. Howard Beth has been a legend in the 1st region for as long as I can remember...don't be surprised to see his son Aaron to take over the reigns at Marshall County. Aaron has been his dad's top assistant for several years and has coached most of the girls on the JV level. I have to believe knowing how much of a family atmosphere that they have with the Lady Marshall program that if Aaron Beth does not want the job then they will look at current Murray Lady Tiger and former Lady Marshall standout Rechelle Turner (formerly Rechelle Caldwell) to be the next head coach. I agree that it should be a sought after position...but would be shocked if it is not one of the two that I have listed above. Good luck to Coach Howard Beth on his retirement from the Lady Marshall basketball program.
  2. ^ A classy post...and I echo those sentiments...should be a great weekend. Good luck to all!!!
  3. Then I guess it is a good thing we will be wearing our white uniforms then on Saturday...lol. I hope he is healthy and that we can see which team is the better one on Saturday with everyone healthy.
  4. From what I just saw the games would be available for a replay 12 hours after the games are completed...here is a link: http://ky.ihigh.com/school23462/broadcast_106191.html
  5. I knew originally that I read where it would be delayed for 12 hours after the game was over with...but thought they might have changed their mind when I initially saw the link, apparently they have gone back to having it on a replay basis.
  6. Talked to Coach Morris earlier today...both Shelton and Jackson are still a little hobbled but will be action this coming Saturday
  7. They say this every year to clear the stadium in between games...but most people either stay in their seats or just walk around under the concourses until the next game begins...so it is nothing new that Bowling Green is doing this year.
  8. I also have no doubt that #30 will be in the backfield for LCA...and the Mayfield coaches and players are all preparing for Hayden to play Saturday...would be like Murrell for us not playing...that kid would have to be on his death bed to not play this weekend as I am sure it is the same way for the Hayden kid
  9. Good idea...not sure how long they will be up on the internet...
  10. Could not ask for a better day to play a state championship game...for everyone involved. Should be a classic. Maybe we will get a chance to wear our pink socks that we wore during our game back on October 23rd in recognition of Coach Paul Raines' wife who is battling cancer. All of us here in Mayfield wish Coach Raines and his wife nothing but the best...for someone who has lost both parents due to cancer my prayers go out to them both. Should be a great game between two great programs
  11. Thank you very much for your kind words about our coverage...we try to do our best and be fair to both schools. We are Mayfield graduates and love the Mayfield program but know that these are kids out their playing a game and deserve to be treated with fairness and respect regardless of which team uniform they wear. Thank you again for your kind words...we have nothing but respect for the outstanding accomplishments Beechwood has shown over the years and look forward to (hopefully) an annual rivalry game the day after Thanksgiving. Your young men played hard and clean from start to finish. Best of luck to all the Beechwood seniors you had a great run. For Mayfield players...great job of listening to your coaches this week and soaking up the game plan and running it to perfection against a very good football team. You guys have made us proud this season with your determination and workmanlike attitude...and expect to see the same against a very good LCA ballclub next Saturday. Win or lose in the finals you have made us all very proud of you all.... GO BIG RED!!!
  12. Pad fumbled inside the Central 5yd line just before half.
  13. Central 14 Paducah 7 4:22 left in 1st quarter
  14. Happy Thanksgiving to all Mayfield and Beechwood players, coaches, and fans...have a great day today...and just one more day until what should be a great semi-final contest between two of the storied programs in all the state.
  15. I can assure you that any of us knowledgable Mayfield fans are well aware of Beechwood being the 2-time defending champion and that no Class A team has beaten them the past couple of years...so we have all the respect in the world for Beechwood...but in all fairness this is not the same Beechwood team that has won the back-to-back titles...with only 8 seniors as another poster stated then most of the players on those teams are gone. Beechwood has a great team no doubt about it and if you guys come down here and beat us Friday night I for one will be rooting for you to win your third straight title. Should be a great game...Happy Thanksgiving to all the Beechies and their fans...good luck on your trip down...see you Friday!!!
  16. That will be the million dollar question as to what to do on this type of situations...as coming down the night before takes away from the long trip the day of the game...but then you run into the kids sleeping in different beds and making sure the players are able to get to sleep...as someone who was part of a state finalist team that stayed the night before the game it can be hard sleeping in a hotel room with everything else going on with different sounds...not saying that anyone is going to do anything improper...just that you get kids in a room and you get to talking or playing cards or having some one snooring can keep players up and not get a good nights sleep. It really is a catch 22 as to come down the day off or stay the night before...so I still say Mayfield has the advantage of being able to sleep in their beds the night before the game. Should be a great game...but my gut says that Mayfield pulls this one out at home in a classic battle 24-21
  17. If it is not you can listen to it on our website at: http://www.mywymc.com That is the Mayfield radio station that you can listen to online
  18. While I would love to see that...I don't think either team wins by 3 TD's...this will come down to a 7-10 point ballgame either way
  19. This is what happens when you get two class programs with fans that know and respect what the teams are trying to do...and the main thing is to remember that these are 14-18 year old kids out there playing the game that we all love...I think this game will be a hard hitting affair with both teams playing to the whistle and no trash talking going on...and for the most part I have to believe that the fans will act accordingly...every team has at least a few blow-hards who like to stir things up...but hopefully they will stay away from this thread and let it be a civil discussion on who people think will win this game and why. I like Mayfield...but then again I am a little biased...lol...Cards 24-21 in a hard fought contest. If any Beechwood fan can not make it down and want to listen to the ballgame they can tune into: http://www.mywymc.com and listen to the game if there is not a radio station covering the Beechies in this one.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.