Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield/Beechwood Predictions

Who are you picking? 143 members have voted

  1. 1. Who are you picking?

    • Mayfield
      39%
      56
    • Beechwood
      60%
      87

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Two of the more storied small school programs in the state face off again. This version seems to be speed vs speed. So which team's speed is going to help them sprint into Bowling Green?

  • Replies 140
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is speed and then there is speed. Mayfield has 6 to 7 boys that can really go and Shelton and Murrell can really really go. Noonan should be back , so that helps some. Playing at home should be worth something and Beechwood has to make a 5 hour drive. Beechwood will be tough and if Mayfield plays like last week, I dont know. Mayfield will be ready, Beechwood will be ready, it should be a great game.

  • Author

So how does Mayfield use their speed/skill players? From what I have seen in threads, It looks like they throw the ball as much as they run it. What kind of offense do they run.

This years Mayfield team has honestly spread the ball around to everybody. One of the most balanced Mayfield teams I have ever seen. We have been our own worst enemy with turnovers last Friday night. But Shelton is the real deal, Critt put their best athlete Gray on him and he looked like he was standing still. If Mayfield can play mistake free ball, they can win this game. I have said all season that Mayfield can score anywhere on the field in less than 10 seconds, it's happened in about every game we have played in.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Author
There is speed and then there is speed. Mayfield has 6 to 7 boys that can really go and Shelton and Murrell can really really go. Noonan should be back , so that helps some. Playing at home should be worth something and Beechwood has to make a 5 hour drive. Beechwood will be tough and if Mayfield plays like last week, I dont know. Mayfield will be ready, Beechwood will be ready, it should be a great game.

 

Should be a good matchup then because I would say the same about Beechwood. Beechwood has 3 or 4 guys that I don't think anyone on Mayfield can catch if they get in the open field and it sounds like you would say the same. I remember one play this year against Beechwood where an opposing runner hit a crease on a short yardage play and it looked like he was gone for sure. Nope, he was caught from behind by not one, not two but three defenders at about the 15. This is going to be a good one.

Should be a good matchup then because I would say the same about Beechwood. Beechwood has 3 or 4 guys that I don't think anyone on Mayfield can catch if they get in the open field and it sounds like you would say the same. I remember one play this year against Beechwood where an opposing runner hit a crease on a short yardage play and it looked like he was gone for sure. Nope, he was caught from behind by not one, not two but three defenders at about the 15. This is going to be a good one.

 

I would agree Voices...this game should be well matched with the speed at the skill spots...but I think that the game will come down to other than turnovers is who can control the line of scrimmage the best will advance to Bowling Green...for the most part Mayfield has been able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides for most of the year...as I assume so has Beechwood.

 

What kind of special teams does Beechwood have...Mayfield has a very good place-kicker and punter who is accurate from 45 yards in...and IMHO has the most dangerous punt returner in the state in the Shelton kid.

 

Should be a great game down here in Mayfield Friday night...and for those of you that have not heard...the game starts at 6pm Central time here in Mayfield.

 

P.S...for the Beechwood fans Mayfield's stadium is not located at the High School...here is the address that is adjacent to the stadium that will get you to the game Friday night if you want to program into a GPS or google maps:

 

901 N 15th St, Mayfield, KY‎ 42066

 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to all and lets hope for a great classic game between the Cards and the Tigers Friday night!!!

  • Author
I would agree Voices...this game should be well matched with the speed at the skill spots...but I think that the game will come down to other than turnovers is who can control the line of scrimmage the best will advance to Bowling Green...for the most part Mayfield has been able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides for most of the year...as I assume so has Beechwood.

 

What kind of special teams does Beechwood have...Mayfield has a very good place-kicker and punter who is accurate from 45 yards in...and IMHO has the most dangerous punt returner in the state in the Shelton kid.

 

Should be a great game down here in Mayfield Friday night...and for those of you that have not heard...the game starts at 6pm Central time here in Mayfield.

 

P.S...for the Beechwood fans Mayfield's stadium is not located at the High School...here is the address that is adjacent to the stadium that will get you to the game Friday night if you want to program into a GPS or google maps:

 

901 N 15th St, Mayfield, KY‎ 42066

 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to all and lets hope for a great classic game between the Cards and the Tigers Friday night!!!

 

Beechwood special teams are excellent. Kick returners on kickoffs and punts have multiple TD's. Place kicker has a 50 yard leg. I would say as always in the big games with two top notch teams, it will come down to the line of scrimmage and turnovers.

Whoever wins this game can and might beat LCA in the title game if they don't get upset bye Hazard. Voice is Beechwood going down on Friday for this game or late Thursday night?

So far, this is the most civil thread I think I've ever seen between two teams. :thumb: I really wish this game was at BW.

I haven't seen these two teams play. But I have followed them all year. I know that both have a storied history. I was let know how storied Mayfields history is.:lol: I wasn't around to much in the great years of Mayfield. Sure wish I could have been because I love to follow great teams. Both of these teams make Kentucky high school football what it is today. Great tradition, great experienced coaches, great atmosphere and kids wanting to grow up to play on the same field and team that they watched all those years.

This I think is going to be a awesome game to watch. Players and fans both will be sky high. I'm torn on who I think will win. Mayfield has a big homefield advantage. Beechwood has a big 5-6 hour bus ride. That kind of makes me lean to Mayfield. While I was at the LCA/Raceland game I had the privilege to meet a Beechwood asst. coach. Just a great guy. Very knowledge of the game of course. And he has family in my little town. So I feel needed to pull for his team some. Although my heart says Mayfield is going to win. I think I'm going for the underdog Beechwood. Both of these teams will be a very big test for LCA.

 

Looks like fans are going to be seeing alot of RED in this game:D

Good Luck To Beechwood and Mayfield

So far, this is the most civil thread I think I've ever seen between two teams. :thumb: I really wish this game was at BW.

 

I know knowledable Mayfield fans have REALLY enjoyed watchin this team versus last years Cardinals...Assistant Coach Cliff Dew coming back from Mississippi has really made a HUGE impact in the discipline of Mayfield.

 

They really enjoy playing and play hard EVERY down which is a change for other teams in recent years!

 

Win or lose, this Mayfield team is good...we expect to win over the Beechies on Friday night, but if not we will shake their hands and root for them next week in BG!:thumb:

So far, this is the most civil thread I think I've ever seen between two teams. :thumb: I really wish this game was at BW.

 

This is what happens when you get two class programs with fans that know and respect what the teams are trying to do...and the main thing is to remember that these are 14-18 year old kids out there playing the game that we all love...I think this game will be a hard hitting affair with both teams playing to the whistle and no trash talking going on...and for the most part I have to believe that the fans will act accordingly...every team has at least a few blow-hards who like to stir things up...but hopefully they will stay away from this thread and let it be a civil discussion on who people think will win this game and why.

 

I like Mayfield...but then again I am a little biased...lol...Cards 24-21 in a hard fought contest.

 

If any Beechwood fan can not make it down and want to listen to the ballgame they can tune into: http://www.mywymc.com and listen to the game if there is not a radio station covering the Beechies in this one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.