Howard Beth resigns at Marshall County ...

Beth is the winningest girls' coach in the state and coached two state championship teams, in 1982 and 1984. Marshall has won a slew of regional titles since then, but hasn't won a game in the Sweet 16 in 20 years.

This could be one of the state's most sought-after jobs, and there is every reason to believe the search will be wide open.

Howard Beth has been a legend in the 1st region for as long as I can remember...don't be surprised to see his son Aaron to take over the reigns at Marshall County. Aaron has been his dad's top assistant for several years and has coached most of the girls on the JV level. I have to believe knowing how much of a family atmosphere that they have with the Lady Marshall program that if Aaron Beth does not want the job then they will look at current Murray Lady Tiger and former Lady Marshall standout Rechelle Turner (formerly Rechelle Caldwell) to be the next head coach. I agree that it should be a sought after position...but would be shocked if it is not one of the two that I have listed above.

Good luck to Coach Howard Beth on his retirement from the Lady Marshall basketball program.

Howard Beth has been a legend in the 1st region for as long as I can remember...don't be surprised to see his son Aaron to take over the reigns at Marshall County. Aaron has been his dad's top assistant for several years and has coached most of the girls on the JV level. I have to believe knowing how much of a family atmosphere that they have with the Lady Marshall program that if Aaron Beth does not want the job then they will look at current Murray Lady Tiger and former Lady Marshall standout Rechelle Turner (formerly Rechelle Caldwell) to be the next head coach. I agree that it should be a sought after position...but would be shocked if it is not one of the two that I have listed above.

Good luck to Coach Howard Beth on his retirement from the Lady Marshall basketball program.

A lot of us will be shocked if Aaron Beth gets the job. I suspect Marshall will conduct a wide-open search.

I was pleased that last season, both Howard Beth (all time wins leader) and Roy Bowling (all time state titles leader) were honored by Wazoo Sports at a hoopfest game between these two legendary coaches. Howard Beth won a TON of games and ran a solid program for YEARS. He earned the right to be one of the all time greats and enjoy his retirement!!!

• 2 weeks later...