Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Final: Lexington Christian Academy/Mayfield Predictions

Who will be the state champion? 126 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be the state champion?

    • Lexington Christian Academy
      50%
    • Mayfield
      49%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who will earn the 2009 state championship title?

 

 

(Please keep ALL discussion focused on the upcoming game. Other topics can be discussed in a separate thread. Thanks.)

  • Replies 87
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think LCA can win this game, it will be close one. LCA wins 33-26 over a great Mayfield team.

I've been following Mayfield for years and I can't pick against em.

 

Mayfield 35

LCA 21

Who will earn the 2009 state championship title?

 

 

(Please keep ALL discussion focused on the upcoming game. Other topics can be discussed in a separate thread. Thanks.)

 

Looks like a great matchup...if Mayfield comes out like tonight no turnovers and good field posistion battle we beat LCA! Looking at the stats #30 for LCA is their workhorse. If we contain the #30 for LCA and play well in the secondary as we did tonight...Mayfield wins over LCA...too many weapons for LCA! Shelton and Jackson both tweaked legs tonight, but should be ready to go!

 

What about the OL & DL for LCA???

 

 

I'll just say:

 

Mayfield 33

LCA 22

 

 

:thumb:

If Mayfield plays their game, I like our odds. Plus this game will be played on turf and I think we will be even faster.

All Mayfield has to remember is that LCA runs up the gut on downs 1 & 2, then passes on 3rd down....

I just love Mayfields diversity and ability to pass and run equally well. Shelton is special, no question about it. Richardson and Higginson are also great targets that can fly after the catch. Murrell is elusive and strong at RB. He hits the holes hard and can juke you out of your shoes. Guhy's been on the money with his passes, hitting right at 70% for the year with close to 30 TDs. The OL gives him great protection and he always seems to make good decisions. The secondary is solid in man coverage with tall rangy DBs and the DL, Kingston(6'2 240), Jones(6'3 270), Earles(6'1 235) and Co are all strong and agile and the LBs, Jackson, Ross and Shultz all fill the running gaps well and are athletic enough to cover the field. Excellent kicking game and special teams, as well.

 

If the Cardinals can keep LCA off balance with there scheme, they'll be extremely hard to keep out of the endzone. From everything I've heard about LCA, Hayden is gonna be a huge challenge to the Cardinals D, as well having a very mobile QB and a couple of D1 line prospects. I expect this to be a pretty high scoring affair with both sides producing big plays. I think it'll come down to which team's defense can best contain the others offense. not stop, but, contain the best.

 

I really think this is Mayfields year to get it done and take home there 8th trophy in there storied history.

 

Mayfield 38 LCA 28

Of course Mayfield will win if Christian turns it over that many times! The good news is that won't happen again.

Good Luck to both teams!! Enjoy the moment.

This game is going to be a classic! I have touted LCA as unbeatable in 1A but after seeing Mayfield, I might actually make them the favorite. As it has the past few years, it is going to come down to LCA's defense. Their offense has been championship caliber the last three years. Has their defense finally improved enough to get a title? I believe their defense is better this year, but still not good enough. I think Mayfield's offense is just as potent if not more so than LCA's and Mayfield's defense is better than LCA's. I expect a high scoring game so I will go with the early in the week prediction of Mayfield 42 - LCA 34.

Saturday's forecast per weather.com

 

51 degrees & sunny.

Saturday's forecast per weather.com

 

51 degrees & sunny.

The forecast I saw was:

Definitely 30 with a strong chance of Whitt, and partly Berdette.

Saturday's forecast per weather.com

 

51 degrees & sunny.

 

Could not ask for a better day to play a state championship game...for everyone involved. Should be a classic.

 

Maybe we will get a chance to wear our pink socks that we wore during our game back on October 23rd in recognition of Coach Paul Raines' wife who is battling cancer. All of us here in Mayfield wish Coach Raines and his wife nothing but the best...for someone who has lost both parents due to cancer my prayers go out to them both. Should be a great game between two great programs

I fully admit that I know nothing about Mayfield except for the fact that they have to be good to be where they are at. I picked LCA in a pre season thread to win the state 1A title and I am sticking with it.

LCA..........I hope that you win it all. Good luck to both teams.

 

LCA 29

Mayfield 27

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.