Everything posted by Oscar
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
I'd love to, but keeping my job is a little more important to me. You sure are quick to jump on people though...don't take offense, but my opinion carrying little weight with you or anyone else hardly bothers me. But if you don't care about my opinion somewhat you wouldn't jump on everything I say.
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
I have no doubt if they were flat then they learned from it. As I said, I haven't seen them nor did I see the game. But people who have seen both teams more than two teams said St. X played flat (I also heard the same people say they were never impressed with St. X's offense to begin with), and that HHS look great, by far the best they had all season. I also don't think their wins over Trinity and St. Xavier were any motive for them being flat? I mean, if anything they likely viewed those teams as their cupcakes lol. So I don't think they were tuckered out from the exhaustive effort from those games...
-
Ryle 62 Campbell County 19
I understand what you're saying, and by no means did I think they'd be legit state contenders. I didn't have unreasonable standards for them. I just think week to week they've gone down hill instead of progressing. Now if it is injuries and disciplinary reasons I can see that..
-
Touchdowns & Triumphs For Military Students
Thanks for the article. I am an Air Force brat, and I lived on an Army base for a year and it really is incredible how close you are to all the kids and people. There is a certain understanding between us military kids and families.
-
Ryle 62 Campbell County 19
More I think about it, more that Campbell Co. has been somewhat of a letdown for me this year. I thought they'd be better. They really just aren't all that good.
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
Again...you rarely make sense and always call everyone out in any thread Highlands is mentioned almost in a provoking way. I wish you could see how it reflects on the team you're so passionate about. I'm all for Highlands, especially after what they did last week, but you make it kind of difficult. :thumb:
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
Having played sports myself, I know that there are without a doubt games where my team was flat. Things didn't click, they didn't work, and it didn't feel like we were doing anything different but it just wasn't there and then the very next game it'd go back to normal. It happened in AAU states in big games or in very small games on the weekends during our regular season. I'm sure you've played sports, I suppose you just never felt that way about your team. I don't think I'm using them being flat as an excuse or saying it would have been a different outcome.
-
Cincinnati St. Xavier, OH 17 Elder, OH 7
lol, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. I'm proud of Trinity, I guess...?
-
Cincinnati St. Xavier, OH 17 Elder, OH 7
lol there ya go. Good win for St. X, I'll agree.
-
Cincinnati St. Xavier, OH 17 Elder, OH 7
lol good Lord. The minute anyone says anything that doesn't claim Highlands to be the next Superbowl Champ, someone jumps on you. I never said they weren't as good as I thought? I've done nothing but praise them lol. I'm impressed. But it will get old anytime St. X does anything to read about how this means Highlands must be National champions of the world. That's it, plain and simple. And my saying they play a tough schedule had nothing to do with Highlands or alluding to HHS being a weak link, lol. You said that one yourself.
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
I'm aware the team is very good. Never said otherwise. But it doesn't change that St. X may have came out flat. I've never seen St. X in person, but I've seen HHS. From people who've seen both, it seems St. X was flat offensively and HHS was just hitting on all cylinders from the get go and looked the best they had all season.
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
I was not kidding oncesoever lol, but you're exactly the type of HHS fan that makes me recall why I rarely root for them in the first place. Tsk Tsk. I clearly stated I know Dixie is not better than St. X. Did you miss that or...? The IDEA is what is legit. Is any team that score more than 7 on HHS this season better than St. X since that's all St. X could muster up? No they're not. From people who have seen St X. multiple times and HHS multiple times, it was a somewhat flat performance by St. X (offensively) and a stellar one by HHS overall meaning HHS won it outright. Simmer down, I didn't insult HHS. Goodness. I'm quite aware the "is Dixie better than St X." accompanied by your response was sarcasm.
-
Holmes 28 Franklin County 12
I never say no chance. That has come back to bite me too many times. You just never know. I've never seen any of those teams so I won't comment beyond that.
-
Cincinnati St. Xavier, OH 17 Elder, OH 7
I've got to somewhat echo the sentiment lol. I hope everytime St. X does anything this year that it doesn't turn into a Highlands love fest. St. X deserves their own credit for what they do, and they play an incredible schedule.
-
Holmes 28 Franklin County 12
Holmes is pretty impressive. Legit shot at state maybe? Crazy if they win one in football AND basketball.
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
Yeah, passing doesn't seem to be a strength. Thanks for the info, and I think it could definitely be an effective option with the way he runs, but his passing could hurt them.
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
It's silly, but it's a legit question. St. X only scores 7, Dixie scores 9? But then St. X goes over and looks like a different team against Elder. Not taking away from HHS, they won it and deserve it. But it lends credibility to the idea that St. X may have been flat last week and HHS did exactly what they needed to do to take advantage of that (Which is fine, since that is what good teams do). Dixie is not better than St. X to answer the question, but it certainly is interesting to think about it. Is any team that scored more than 7 against HHS this season better than St. X? Not neccessarily. From what I heard HHS defense was just stellar that night.
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
lol alright then I'll take that as a yes he played some QB and it went okay.
-
Highlands 52 Dixie Heights 9
Did they use Collinsworth at QB at all? How did that look/go?
-
Simon Kenton v Cooper Updates
If it is truly 50 to 0 at half I sure hope starters are taking a seat. Wow.
-
Ryle/Campbell County Predictions
Wow I wasn't aware they'd have to shut down the entire county not just the school in question. I could see shutting down Mann and Gray Middle as well, but not all. That's sad, and it's only going to make the situation worse.
-
NKY Pride in Highlands? Is Ernst Correct?
Pride is a strong emotion and it is totally understandable if not everyone had this emotion evoked within them when HHS won this past Friday. However, I would only have a problem if people did not respect the win and the team for it. They deserve a whole lot of that after what they pulled off. Unfortunately jealousy is rampant, and let's be honest sometimes the negative reputation that HHS fans have is not totally unwarranted (Same can be said for a couple other schools, or all schools to a degree). Those two things combined make for some hatred towards the school and program and some people refuse to get past it. Sad, but true.
-
Ryle/Campbell County Predictions
With a brother that goes to Ryle, who is currently at home sick from whatever is going around that place, I sure wish they'd figure out some type of method of trying to prevent this from spreading. It's insane how quick it spreads. It's from my brother, who was out for 3 days, to my mom who has it now... If this continues and Ryle sees these numbers consistently in the next day or so, I'd say the school will close for the rest of the week and no football game.
-
Nice Article on Austin Collinsworth
I'd LOVE to see him at UC. But I'd settle for UK lol. Good kid, good family, good athlete, just an all around good one.
-
Highlands/Dixie Heights Predictions
I think you're overreacting quite a bit. He/she said nothing wrong, and if he/she is wrong then so what? It may throw your opponent off, because that is what rumors are good for; playing with peoples minds. If it is true, than good, that means Bardo is better off than I suspect and I'd like to see him back out there. But all the quick reaction, hush hush and attitude surrounding it is only making things worse, not better in the way of "rumors" and speculation. Sure makes it seem like theres something people don't want everyone to know... As for the game, Highlands wins this big and this will solidify their #1 spot in the district. Dixie and Covcath are both a couple of steps behind...