Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When do you officially feel like you are getting old?

Featured Replies

When telling my youngest a story of my time in the Navy, and she remarks "Did you have to fix the sails when they were torn?"

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When technology began to pass me by. I was always on top of the newest gadgets and was amused by people who couldn't or wouldn't operate new things. Now I don't even know what an IPOD does.

 

Another one is when what I considered to be new structures were deemed obsolete. I couldn't believe it when they replaced Riverfront Stadium.

Let's see I first notice it about 6:30 a.m. each day and it progresses as the day wears on.

When the creaks and snaps you hear, each morning are resonating from you.

Now that I am consistently called "Sir."

The first time I started to think I was old was on my 40th birthday. My daughter looked at me and said,"Daddy do you realize that you have already lived half of your life?" :D

I had a classic one happen (for the first time) a few weeks ago. I was at Run to State's house, and his daughter was on the phone talking to her friend. While describing who all was present, she had the audacity to list me as "My dad's friend"! I felt like the creepy guy next door that comes over in his t-shirt with a beer in his hand, and never leaves. :irked:

I had a classic one happen (for the first time) a few weeks ago. I was at Run to State's house, and his daughter was on the phone talking to her friend. While describing who all was present, she had the audacity to list me as "My dad's friend"! I felt like the creepy guy next door that comes over in his t-shirt with a beer in his hand, and never leaves. :irked:
Could have been worse? She could have said some creepy guy that comes over with a beer all the time and never leaves. :D
Could have been worse? She could have said some creepy guy that comes over with a beer all the time and never leaves. :D
That happens on the weekends....:sssh:

 

:D

When the creaks and snaps you hear, each morning are resonating from you.

 

 

Same here. :sssh:

Well, lets see, when our first grand-daughter called me grandma should have done it...but it did not because I was 29 years old LOL(Don't start with the jokes, foster daughter LOL). When PH got carded for beer and I did not...that has been YEARS ago! LOL...but that did not....Our youngest graduated from high school when I was 40 (I am that old now) kinda did it...but not really. When I had to start coloring my hair to get rid of a head full of grey should have done it, but it did not because I was 18 years old.

 

Well, lets just say that I have lived half of my life LOL and I feel old, sometimes physically, but mentally I am still around 18 years old.

 

Now, PH will be 49 and he is more like 16 years old, so, I am actually several years younger than him but act two years older LOL LOL!!!!

I used to drive a school bus, and when I started transporting kids of kids who had rode my bus kinda did it.

II felt like the creepy guy next door that comes over in his t-shirt with a beer in his hand, and never leaves. :irked:

 

Well?

Well?

I don't drink beer. Otherwise, the shoe fits. :D

When I enrolled my step sons in first grade. As a double swift kick, it was in a Ft. Thomas public school and not St. Catherine or St. Thomas.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.