When do you officially feel like you are getting old?

MountainThunder

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When technology began to pass me by. I was always on top of the newest gadgets and was amused by people who couldn't or wouldn't operate new things. Now I don't even know what an IPOD does.

Another one is when what I considered to be new structures were deemed obsolete. I couldn't believe it when they replaced Riverfront Stadium.

I had a classic one happen (for the first time) a few weeks ago. I was at Run to State's house, and his daughter was on the phone talking to her friend. While describing who all was present, she had the audacity to list me as "My dad's friend"! I felt like the creepy guy next door that comes over in his t-shirt with a beer in his hand, and never leaves. :irked:

I had a classic one happen (for the first time) a few weeks ago. I was at Run to State's house, and his daughter was on the phone talking to her friend. While describing who all was present, she had the audacity to list me as "My dad's friend"! I felt like the creepy guy next door that comes over in his t-shirt with a beer in his hand, and never leaves. :irked:
Could have been worse? She could have said some creepy guy that comes over with a beer all the time and never leaves. :D

Well, lets see, when our first grand-daughter called me grandma should have done it...but it did not because I was 29 years old LOL(Don't start with the jokes, foster daughter LOL). When PH got carded for beer and I did not...that has been YEARS ago! LOL...but that did not....Our youngest graduated from high school when I was 40 (I am that old now) kinda did it...but not really. When I had to start coloring my hair to get rid of a head full of grey should have done it, but it did not because I was 18 years old.

Well, lets just say that I have lived half of my life LOL and I feel old, sometimes physically, but mentally I am still around 18 years old.

Now, PH will be 49 and he is more like 16 years old, so, I am actually several years younger than him but act two years older LOL LOL!!!!