When do you officially feel like you are getting old?

MountainThunder

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my son asked me who Michael Jackson was!:eek:

Of course, before I told him, I threw out my left hand, grabbed my crotch with my right, threw my head back and went "Hee, hee" and broke out in my moonwalk.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HILLARIOUS!!!!

When my son brought home "homework" in the 5th grade that I didn't learn until I was a junior in high school. Or when he was learning to write in cursive and I was showing him how to make letters, and he said, "dad that is the 'old' way of making them, we have a new way now". Or when I was helping him with his math homework several years ago, with subtraction and "borrowing", and he did not know what I was talking about, apparently they changed the name for "borrowing" to "re-grouping".

You are definitely getting old when you can not help you child with their homework.

I am 22. I don't feel old but my joints do. I already have mild arthritis in my left ankle from a high school football injury. Anytime I am on my feet for a decent period of time, my left ankle swells up like a balloon. And now, when I work out, it takes about 3 days to overcome the soreness instead of a day. Also, the one thing that really upsets me, I used to be able to dunk a basketball no problem. Now, I can barely slap the backboard on a layup. Once again, I don't feel old, but these things are probably signs (that or I might just be out of shape, never thought about that lol).