Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When do you officially feel like you are getting old?

Featured Replies

My workers hear me coming before I get there because of the clicking and popping sounds that my body makes...

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hair started turning gray when I was in college, and by the time I was 30 it was mostly white. Even when I was 40 I was being asked at diners and golf courses if I were a senior...for the discounts. But nothing compares with this story:

 

Two years ago while I was waiting for a burger order at a restaurant/gas station outside of Beattyville a gentleman struck up a conversation with me about how the price of gasoline had gone up. He said, "Back in mine and your day gas was about 15 cents a gallon." I replied, "I don't ever remember it being that cheap, but I can remember it at around 50 cents when I was a teenager." Then he asked me how old I was and I told him I was 51. I asked him how old he was and he said 81.

I swear, I almost went and colored my hair that day...geeze!!!:irked:

My hair started turning gray when I was in college, and by the time I was 30 it was mostly white. Even when I was 40 I was being asked at diners and golf courses if I were a senior...for the discounts. But nothing compares with this story:

 

Two years ago while I was waiting for a burger order at a restaurant/gas station outside of Beattyville a gentleman struck up a conversation with me about how the price of gasoline had gone up. He said, "Back in mine and your day gas was about 15 cents a gallon." I replied, "I don't ever remember it being that cheap, but I can remember it at around 50 cents when I was a teenager." Then he asked me how old I was and I told him I was 51. I asked him how old he was and he said 81.

I swear, I almost went and colored my hair that day...geeze!!!:irked:

....:lol: I'll drive you around in the golf cart next time, 'ol timer.
....:lol: I'll drive you around in the golf cart next time, 'ol timer.

Okay, all help appreciated...I'm getting a little feeble too, as well as gray.:D

Okay, all help appreciated...I'm getting a little feeble too, as well as gray.:D
There is nothing wrong with gray. I've been adding a touch of it, to see if I like it or not....:sssh:

Getting gray hairs at 35 was somewhat discouraging. Feeling the joint pain when playing sports. Hangovers that never go away and you only drank 5-6 beers.

This is an enjoyable thread to read, and I have gotten many laughs. Question, How come when we are young we don't want to get carded, but once we get quite a bit older and get carded we brag about it?

:dancingpa

One sign is when you have your AM stations preset on my car radio.
I've always listened to AM, some FM, but mainly AM.
Classic. :ylsuper: :walk:
I didn't get that feeling, I hope I'm not older than you. I know I don't look it, :lol:
I didn't get that feeling, I hope I'm not older than you. I know I don't look it, :lol:

 

Ouch! :lol:

I didn't get that feeling, I hope I'm not older than you. I know I don't look it, :lol:

 

Let's just say this, you don't look 10 years younger than me. ;):p :sssh:

Let's just say this, you don't look 10 years younger than me. ;):p :sssh:

 

What are you talking about? He barely looks 10 years old! :lol:

When you wrestle with your teenage son and the next morning your back has you in the "crooked old man" position.

 

Only one mention of the ear hair. I have more in my ears than on top of my head.

Signs of me gettin older....

Takes more time for things to heal.

My nephews and nieces getting married or having babies, or getting their driver's license.

A nephew challenges me to a b-ball game and I tell them "Don't feel like it" then he calls me on it like "What's the matter? You told to play ball or to fat? Then I play him and lose, both ways, the game it self and I'm so stiff I can't walk and also my bad knees I keep punshing them. But I've lost some weight some weight since then.

I tell my neice and nephews, "Let's watch the Dukes of Hazzard." then they say "What's that?"

The more obvious is the GRAY HAIR.:scared: :scared: :scared:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.