Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When do you officially feel like you are getting old?

Featured Replies

I thought it was when my son first got his license, ...

I thought it was when my daughter first told me she had a 'boyfriend' in middle school, ...

 

Now my new thought, ... my son is now a freshman in college. YIKES! Now I believe I am officially old!!!

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have a grandson that is a senior in HS. But I don't feel OLD.

I realized I was getting old when I had a date with someone that was closer to my son's age than to mine.

The time I went through a drive-thru and the girl called me "Sir". :irked:

When I realized I had no more "milestone birthdays", just a bigger number than before.

Well I have a grandson that is a senior in HS. But I don't feel OLD.

That will definatly make me feel old.

I realized I was getting old when I had a date with someone that was closer to my son's age than to mine.

Scary, just scary.

 

 

 

I think it was when I had to explain to a co-worker, what Beta was and how it compared to and competed against VHS.

 

Or, it could have have been when I had to explain to my son that there was a previous war in the middle east. I felt like my father explaining WWII to me.

 

But, all in all, I don't feel old, just older.

When the next door neighbor's grandson told my wife, "Hey your dad's home" when I pulled up in the driveway. :irked:

When I was out to lunch with some co-workers and the waitress asked to see my AARP card. However, you are only as old as you feel and I feel young these day's. JD:dancingpa :dancingpa

When the next door neighbor's grandson told my wife, "Hey your dad's home" when I pulled up in the driveway. :irked:

 

:laugh: :laugh:

 

After I turned 50.... spend more time looking for my glasses or something I just had and can't remember where I put it.

I'm 60 and I don't feel old yet . Oh except for my right knee .That's 60 the rest of me is 19 .

When I was out to lunch with some co-workers and the waitress asked to see my AARP card.

I hope you beat her with your cane...!

When I started noticing white hairs growing in amongst the red hair in my beard.

I love those senior discounts. Just got the extra 60 plus discount at Kroger. AARP is a good discount too. :banana: :banana:

When my son asked me who Michael Jackson was!:eek:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course, before I told him, I threw out my left hand, grabbed my crotch with my right, threw my head back and went "Hee, hee" and broke out in my moonwalk.

HSSRB and I played in a basketball league last year with a lot of "younger" kids. He always got a kick out of the fact that they called him by his first name but they called me "Mister" followed by my surname.

 

That may qualify as feeling old.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.