Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some noise coming from China about an impending move on Taiwan. The only difference is that I believe the US has committed to assisting or defending Taiwan. This situation if it were to arise would be much stickier for the US.

China doesn't have the ability yet to get the amount of troops there from the mainland. I read where they're about 4-5 years out from having that capability.

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

No Politics Policy

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, White House, Capitol, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, bill, legislative process, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

 Looks like the Ukrainian's have struck into Russia.

6 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

China doesn't have the ability yet to get the amount of troops there from the mainland. I read where they're about 4-5 years out from having that capability.

True, but the do have the ability to impose a blockade around the entire country. Or, flatten the entire country with missile strikes from the mainland.

An invasion isn't a real option at this point, but there is still plenty they can do.

2 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

True, but the do have the ability to impose a blockade around the entire country. Or, flatten the entire country with missile strikes from the mainland.

An invasion isn't a real option at this point, but there is still plenty they can do.

True. Good point.

I've recently read a book about the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. The citizens rebelled (modeled after something similar in Poland) and had the Soviets on their heels, but ultimately it was a numbers game and Hungary could never win, especially since no major nations (US, UK, France) came to their aid militaristically. Perhaps that story is in my head as I type this, but I wonder if something similar will occur in Ukraine? The flip side of that is the notion of sanctions is completely different in 2022 than it was in 1956.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

That reminds of the alleged statement during WW2:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

I've seen similar statements.  The Japanese were very aware of what problems would come with an attempted invasion onto US soil.  

6 minutes ago, Irish Cat said:

I've seen similar statements.  The Japanese were very aware of what problems would come with an attempted invasion onto US soil.  

I'm pretty confident in saying a mainland US invasion will never happen. I'm as far from a "militia type" as you could possibly get, but that would be a bad, bad day for any country that tried that here. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm pretty confident in saying a mainland US invasion will never happen. I'm as far from a "militia type" as you could possibly get, but that would be a bad, bad day for any country that tried that here. 

It’s not so much the fact that there are so many guns here that would make an attack on us a big mistake. The US is also naturally protected by two large oceans to the east and west, and two large borders of peaceful, friendly neighbors to the north and south. You could attack us, but we’d see it coming well before you got here. And if you decided to attack us from a distance we could respond from a distance in a devastating way.

5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm pretty confident in saying a mainland US invasion will never happen. I'm as far from a "militia type" as you could possibly get, but that would be a bad, bad day for any country that tried that here. 

Yep, there are 15,000,000 licensed hunters in the US. Then add in crazy militia guys and guys that just shoot for sport and don't hunt, you'd have approaching 20 million riflemen NOT counting the military.

China's entire military is around 2,000,000 and Russia's is smaller. As long as US citizens have guns, we'll never be invaded.

Seeing varied reports that two planes full of Russian paratroopers may have been shot down last night. That could be as many as 600 men.

Read just now that Russians dressed as Ukrainian National Police had executed some soldiers.

13 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Yep, there are 15,000,000 licensed hunters in the US. Then add in crazy militia guys and guys that just shoot for sport and don't hunt, you'd have approaching 20 million riflemen NOT counting the military.

China's entire military is around 2,000,000 and Russia's is smaller. As long as US citizens have guns, we'll never be invaded.

All that said about the value of owning guns, I still say the number one most important right is freedom of the press. We are seeing Russia control what their media is allowed to say in reports. Their media is not allowed to call this an attack, invasion or anything along those lines. Now Russia is shutting down Facebook and Twitter in Russia, trying to keep more protests from happening in Russia.

The longer Ukraine can hang on, the worse this will get for Russia. Citizens in Kyiv are meeting in parks making molotov cocktails. As I said in the beginning, if this turns into urban warfare, Russia is in trouble. They have to get out of the tanks to take control. If stepping out of the tank and armored vehicle is a death sentence for Russian soldiers, it will get ugly in Russia.

22 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some noise coming from China about an impending move on Taiwan. The only difference is that I believe the US has committed to assisting or defending Taiwan. This situation if it were to arise would be much stickier for the US.

I know someone from Taiwan.  She said about half of the country doesn’t care if China takes over.

I saw video of Ukrainian soldiers with only guns waiting to fire on Russian tanks.  Very brave men, but very sad.

23 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I know someone from Taiwan.  She said about half of the country doesn’t care if China takes over.

I don't understand why anyone would OK with their country being taken over by any nation, but especially CHINA!

Russia has put it's nuclear deterrent forces on high alert.  Well that's just great news.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.