Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

My father lived there from 2009-2011 doing missionary work and translating the Bible for the local ethnic group (TaTars). I pray for the safety of the TaTars during this time. They actually live in Crimea which, for the moment, may be a safer area. 

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the people of Ukraine.

It is pretty crazy how something like this can happen in 2022. It's incredibly sad for the innocent people of Ukraine. There are also innocent people in Russia, likely in their military, that will perish over this. 

2 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the people of Ukraine.

Scary and sad. Nothing can be done to stop it short of the use of force. If the US wanted to take over Mexico, there is nothing they could do to stop it. Same with Ukraine and Russia.

30 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Scary and sad. Nothing can be done to stop it short of the use of force. If the US wanted to take over Mexico, there is nothing they could do to stop it. Same with Ukraine and Russia.

I hate that this is true, but this is true.

Imagine doing this to another human being:

 

What is happening in Ukraine is the strongest argument I can think of for the right to bear arms. I have no clue what the law is there. My point is if there was a large citizenry that owned weapons, every time a Russian steps out of an armored vehicle they are a target and it could come from anywhere. That "war" would not be winnable for Russia.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

What is happening in Ukraine is the strongest argument I can think of for the right to bear arms. I have no clue what the law is there. My point is if there was a large citizenry that owned weapons, every time a Russian steps out of an armored vehicle they are a target and it could come from anywhere. That "war" would not be winnable for Russia.

I hear your point, but Russia has about 100 million more citizens than Ukraine does... That still makes it almost impossible to lose for the Russians. 

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

What is happening in Ukraine is the strongest argument I can think of for the right to bear arms. I have no clue what the law is there. My point is if there was a large citizenry that owned weapons, every time a Russian steps out of an armored vehicle they are a target and it could come from anywhere. That "war" would not be winnable for Russia.

That reminds of the alleged statement during WW2:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I hear your point, but Russia has about 100 million more citizens than Ukraine does... That still makes it almost impossible to lose for the Russians. 

They gain control of the country. The challenge would be maintaining it. It would be extremely painful. They have to get out of the armored vehicles to govern. Russian citizens would tire of the death toll over time.

I assume the war/invasion part of this will be over very soon, what concerns me is the Counterinsurgency. 

I don't feel Russia wants to occupy the country. It's more likely they follow the old Soviet playbook of installing rulers that are their puppets. Using Pro-Russian Ukrainians to control the others would be the end game.

31 minutes ago, theguru said:

Imagine doing this to another human being:

 

That's just crazy!

Just now, Jumper_Dad said:

I don't feel Russia wants to occupy the country. It's more likely they follow the old Soviet playbook of installing rulers that are their puppets. Using Pro-Russian Ukrainians to control the others would be the end game.

This. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some noise coming from China about an impending move on Taiwan. The only difference is that I believe the US has committed to assisting or defending Taiwan. This situation if it were to arise would be much stickier for the US.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.