Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

27 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Ready Campaign has some advice for us since nuclear weapon use has been in the news:

Stay inside for 24 hours unless local authorities provide other instructions. Continue to practice social distancing by wearing a mask and by keeping a distance of at least six feet between yourself and people who not part of your household.

https://www.ready.gov/nuclear-explosion

About the Ready Campaign

Launched in February 2003, Ready is a National public service campaign designed to educate and empower the American people to prepare for, respond to and mitigate emergencies, including natural and man-made disasters. The goal of the campaign is to promote preparedness through public involvement.

This feels like back in the 1960s when you were supposed to go hang out at the local high school civil defense location if a nuclear bomb was fired. Much like duck-and-cover in the 1960s, masking up probably isn't going to keep you from disintegrating!

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This feels like back in the 1960s when you were supposed to go hang out at the local high school civil defense location if a nuclear bomb was fired. Much like duck-and-cover in the 1960s, masking up probably isn't going to keep you from disintegrating!

This certainly appears to be one of those times you should use a N95 mask. ?‍♀️

I have a friend from the Ukraine. Her parents are in Kyiv and in hiding. She is worried sick. 

1 hour ago, swamprat said:

I have a friend from the Ukraine. Her parents are in Kyiv and in hiding. She is worried sick. 

I have a 10th grade student from Ukraine in class. His family lives here (there’s a fairly large Ukrainian population in Garrard/Jessamine County) but they went back recently to visit. I’ve tried not to pry but I’ve asked a few questions. He hasn’t said much but I’m worried about him and his family. 

2 hours ago, swamprat said:

I have a friend from the Ukraine. Her parents are in Kyiv and in hiding. She is worried sick. 

 

25 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I have a 10th grade student from Ukraine in class. His family lives here (there’s a fairly large Ukrainian population in Garrard/Jessamine County) but they went back recently to visit. I’ve tried not to pry but I’ve asked a few questions. He hasn’t said much but I’m worried about him and his family. 

That's so sad.  I really feel for them.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:22 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Read something about how Russian citizens can not currently use Google Pay or Apple Pay.  Scary stuff with how much more we are moving to cashless everything.

This reminded me of your comment:

mj.jpg

From the Great Google Machine and updated 22 hours ago:

How much oil does the u. s. buy from Russia?

In 2021, the U.S. imported nearly 700,000 barrels of oil a day from Russia. As a nation, we have been unnecessarily contributing to the industrial success of a hostile competitor that has repeatedly shown a willingness to weaponize its energy exports.

=================

Right now that equates to about 70 million dollars a day.

I've always wondered about oil. How much could we produce on our own and how long would it last?

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I've always wondered about oil. How much could we produce on our own and how long would it last?

Google says:

EIA's data for 2020 indicates that total U.S. petroleum production averaged about 18.375 million barrels per day (b/d), which included: crude oil—11.283 million b/d. natural gas liquids—5.175 million b/d.

I also see these rankings from Google on Yearly Oil Production (Barrels per day):

1. United States 14,837,639,510
2. Saudi Arabia 12,402,761,040
3. Russia 11,262,746,200
4. China 4,905,070,874

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Google says:

EIA's data for 2020 indicates that total U.S. petroleum production averaged about 18.375 million barrels per day (b/d), which included: crude oil—11.283 million b/d. natural gas liquids—5.175 million b/d.

I also see these rankings from Google on Yearly Oil Production (Barrels per day):

1. United States 14,837,639,510
2. Saudi Arabia 12,402,761,040
3. Russia 11,262,746,200
4. China 4,905,070,874

Wait a second...

So we buy 700k barrels a day from Russia, but we produce 18.375 million a day??

Are we just not using ANY of our own oil?

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Wait a second...

So we buy 700k barrels a day from Russia, but we produce 18.375 million a day??

Are we just not using ANY of our own oil?

I am not an expert here Deuce but at this time we use more barrels than we produce, again from Google:

The United States consumes an average of 20.6 million barrels of oil a day.

Also from NPR:

The United States and other members of the International Energy Agency are releasing 60 million barrels of oil from their strategic petroleum reserves after crude prices surged following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

===============

Or put another way, 3 days of American oil consumption. 

We're in the wrong business G!

Just now, TheDeuce said:

We're in the wrong business G!

I know right!

I am wondering if Ukraine is going to launch a counter-offensive against the reported 40 mile caravan of Russian war machines and soldiers slowing rolling towards Kyiv.   It seems to me there have to be some choke points where the Ukrainians could take out a massive amount of attacking Russians in the front of the caravan and essentially block their march forward while at the same time striking at the morale of the Russian troops and giving the citizens back in Russia a clearer picture of what is going on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.