Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

None of that has anything to do with the Keystone. 

If you don’t understand supply and demand I suppose.  We need more supply, more pipelines, more projects, more oil.  Electric is 20 years away, choking it off this early was foolish.

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

If you don’t understand supply and demand I suppose.  We need more supply, more pipelines, more projects, more oil.  Electric is 20 years away, choking it off this early was foolish.

If you don't understand that a pipeline that would not be completed for YEARS does not impact supply and demand TODAY, I can't help you. 

6 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

If you don’t understand supply and demand I suppose.  We need more supply, more pipelines, more projects, more oil.  Electric is 20 years away, choking it off this early was foolish.

On this discussion, I much rather want us to focus on reducing reliance on oil versus adding. This war in Ukraine reinforces that point to me even more so. It is much more than an environmental issue. It is a national security issue.

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If you don't understand that a pipeline that would not be completed for YEARS does not impact supply and demand TODAY, I can't help you. 

Again, you don’t understand oil is traded on speculation.  Speculation means, what someone predicts will happen.  For example, when Covid hit, oil tanked, why?  Because speculators saw less people driving.  Fast forward to today, we’re moving back to a normal economy but we haven’t made oil investments to support it.  

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

On this discussion, I much rather want us to focus on reducing reliance on oil versus adding. This war in Ukraine reinforces that point to me even more so. It is much more than an environmental issue. It is a national security issue.

Trust me I’m 100% against us buying Russian oil, financing the attacks on Ukraine.  I prefer Texas and Oklahoma oil to Russian.

Just now, John Anthony said:

Trust me I’m 100% against us buying Russian oil, financing the attacks on Ukraine.  I prefer Texas and Oklahoma oil to Russian.

I am sure we all agree on that.

We need to be very focused on reducing oil consumption. We have to get our demand below our US production level. 

3 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Again, you don’t understand oil is traded on speculation.  Speculation means, what someone predicts will happen.  For example, when Covid hit, oil tanked, why?  Because speculators saw less people driving.  Fast forward to today, we’re moving back to a normal economy but we haven’t made oil investments to support it.  

Again, the Keystone, at MAYBE 10% completion, is not impacting gas prices today. You can say it until you're blue in the face, it's still wrong. 

One of my Ukrainian Facebook Friends posted the following last night:

Please pray.  My family member was killed in Ukraine today. He left a Wife, 2 kids and 2 grand kids. It was not accident. It was few hours killing ...that I can't even show the pictures of this  because it is can't be watching by human....  it horror...they are used no human  .......it was used by (edited).. I am so broke...

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Again, the Keystone, at MAYBE 10% completion, is not impacting gas prices today. You can say it until you're blue in the face, it's still wrong. 

Any news of the US attempting to produce more oil impacts gas prices.  Pipelines, oil rigs, domestic drilling it all pays a part of supply and demand.  I trade stocks, not necessarily commodities like oil, but I have friends who look at the daily/weekly US oil rig count and bet 100k on oil prices to reflect it.  You have to understand how oil is traded to understand that I’m saying.  It’s more speculative than Bitcoin.

6 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Any news of the US attempting to produce more oil impacts gas prices.  Pipelines, oil rigs, domestic drilling it all pays a part of supply and demand.  I trade stocks, not necessarily commodities like oil, but I have friends who look at the daily/weekly US oil rig count and bet 100k on oil prices to reflect it.  You have to understand how oil is traded to understand that I’m saying.  It’s more speculative than Bitcoin.

I completely understand what you're saying. 

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

On this discussion, I much rather want us to focus on reducing reliance on oil versus adding. This war in Ukraine reinforces that point to me even more so. It is much more than an environmental issue. It is a national security issue.

We are not there yet to phase out oil but I agree we need to be working on clean/green tech but not get carried away with it. 

I do agree energy is a national security issue and under no circumstances should America be dependent on anyone for anything when it comes to energy. 

Just now, theguru said:

I do agree energy is a national security issue and under no circumstances should America be dependent on anyone for anything when it comes to energy. 

This.

Just now, TheDeuce said:

I completely understand what you're saying. 

I think I’m confused on why you state canceling a pipeline doesn’t effect the price of oil?   Let’s say I’m granted permission to build “The Deuce” pipeline a new project in the Dakota’s or Alaska.  Yes, it would take 2-5 years to become fully functional, however, I’m willing to bet it would start to scare oil speculation bulls, in turn, could lower oil immediately based on future potentials. 

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

We are not there yet to phase out oil but I agree we need to be working on clean/green tech but not get carried away with it. 

I do agree energy is a national security issue and under no circumstances should America be dependent on anyone for anything when it comes to energy. 

Nobody who currently walks this planet won’t avoid oil use in their lifetime.  Do we need to look into green tech yes, absolutely.  But it’s at least a decade or two away from adoption.  Why choke off oil in the meantime?

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I think I’m confused on why you state canceling a pipeline doesn’t effect the price of oil?   Let’s say I’m granted permission to build “The Deuce” pipeline a new project in the Dakota’s or Alaska.  Yes, it would take 2-5 years to become fully functional, however, I’m willing to bet it would start to scare oil speculation bulls, in turn, could lower oil immediately based on future potentials. 

If we are talking about this current spike in gas prices, the Keystone has zero impact on that. 

If the argument is the plans of the pipeline affect the price over a long period of time, sure, that makes at least a little more sense. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.