Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Ukraine

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, theguru said:

What is happening with this war, is either side winning?

Very small gains being made by Ukraine, very small...but at least they aren't losing ground.

  • Replies 715
  • Views 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    Very scary times.  I have been reading quite a bit about this, and won’t pretend to be an expert, but I still cannot believe that Russia is so brazen and is getting away with this.  Prayers to the peo

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Another Russian General has been killed.  Ukrainian intelligence intercepted a call between two FSB agents discussing it. They were using regular SIM card cell phones because their secure communi

  • "You started it." Signed,  Everyone

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Very small gains being made by Ukraine, very small...but at least they aren't losing ground.

I need to tune back into some world news on the War in Ukraine.  Last time I did a couple of months ago there were some talking heads (military people) saying they did not think Ukraine could ever win this war. 

Just now, theguru said:

I need to tune back into some world news on the War in Ukraine.  Last time I did a couple of months ago there were some talking heads (military people) saying they did not think Ukraine could ever win this war. 

I don't think they can either. I think it will end with Russia keeping some of their gains and in the end Ukraine will be allowed in NATO.

Smoke trailing and dropping straight down like that suggest to me that it was either shot down or a bomb on board blew up. That doesn't look like engine trouble.

First thought is that he was "Taken out" by his main rival. Second thought is he is faking his own death and is behind the plane blowing up himself. Either way several innocent people were also killed.

9 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Smoke trailing and dropping straight down like that suggest to me that it was either shot down or a bomb on board blew up. That doesn't look like engine trouble.

First thought is that he was "Taken out" by his main rival. Second thought is he is faking his own death and is behind the plane blowing up himself. Either way several innocent people were also killed.

I am interested to hear about the others on the plane. 

17 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am interested to hear about the others on the plane. 

Me too. Reports put him in Africa at his base just a few days ago...makes you wonder why he went to Moscow to begin with.

Just now, Jumper_Dad said:

Me too. Reports put him in Africa at his base just a few days ago...makes you wonder why he went to Moscow to begin with.

Bad judgment thinking he was out of the woods. 

Got this little gift from Santa. 

Built in Russia, recycled in Ukraine! ? 

20231225_102229.jpg

20231225_102213.jpg

I meant to post something on this as I see it mentioned in the news about once a week.  I would think Ukraine pushing in Russia would be bigger news.  And exactly what is Ukraine going to do, push ahead to Moscow?

This thing scares me.  At some point a very small nuke would end the war and essentially end Ukraine. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I meant to post something on this as I see it mentioned in the news about once a week.  I would think Ukraine pushing in Russia would be bigger news.  And exactly what is Ukraine going to do, push ahead to Moscow?

This thing scares me.  At some point a very small nuke would end the war and essentially end Ukraine. 

The fact that Russia couldn't just run over Ukraine with conventional weapons when this all started is still mind blowing. 

I don't think we'll ever know the true extent of Russian losses, but they seem astronomical at this point.

2 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The fact that Russia couldn't just run over Ukraine with conventional weapons when this all started is still mind blowing. 

I don't think we'll ever know the true extent of Russian losses, but they seem astronomical at this point.

I would say the losses are astronomical on both sides.  And we are two and a half years into this war with no end in site, ugh. 

22 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would say the losses are astronomical on both sides.  And we are two and a half years into this war with no end in site, ugh. 

Yeah, no kidding. And even when it "ends" it will probably not end. The last 2 1/2 years are an extension of hostile relations going back to the Crimean annexation in 2014. It technically started before that, but that is this war's tipping point.

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I would say the losses are astronomical on both sides.  And we are two and a half years into this war with no end in site, ugh. 

Agreed, but those losses were to be expected on the Ukrainian side.

I can see a possible end in site, if the two sides can agree to negotiate in good faith. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.