Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

1 minute ago, ChickenWyngz said:

You shouldn't apply to too many schools in today's world then. Not many are going to promise momma a job. 

I disagree, If momma is a teacher or works in the school, most schools/administrators understand they have to make this happen.

• Like 2

Just now, okie1 said:

I disagree, If momma is a teacher or works in the school, most schools/administrators understand they have to make this happen.

Not at all. I've sat on both ends of this hiring process in the past. The school can put her in a "priority list" if a position that fits her degree comes open she may be brought right in but they aren't going to fire good employees or create a position to hire momma... not happening. 

1 minute ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Not at all. I've sat on both ends of this hiring process in the past. The school can put her in a "priority list" if a position that fits her degree comes open she may be brought right in but they aren't going to fire good employees or create a position to hire momma... not happening. 

And that is fine/ but how that situation is handled would definitely play a part in if I wanted to relocate my family...which was my original point.  

I may apply and interview for a job, knowing that if offered, I am only moving if these things I ask for are met.  If the schools aren't willing to give what I ask for, we move on our separate ways and the process for the school continues.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, okie1 said:

And that is fine/ but how that situation is handled would definitely play a part in if I wanted to relocate my family...which was my original point.  

I may apply and interview for a job, knowing that if offered, I am only moving if these things I ask for are met.  If the schools aren't willing to give what I ask for, we move on our separate ways and the process for the school continues.  

You always make sure the job is offered before you start making demands.  This is how you determine how committed the school/boosters are to the program.  You will never get more things done by the school system and boosters by making demands after accepting the job because you already said yes.  I can 100% tell you that no coach who isn't desperate is not relocating their family if their wife is a teacher and she is not guaranteed a job that she is going to be happy with.  The statement "Happy wife, Happy Life" applies to football coaches especially at the high school level.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

It doesn't look like fear is motivating this group. Things slowed down a lot after these two posts.

Guess they’d rather do grass drills and run hills!

You know what I used to like that would either cripple me or kill me now? The flying monkey drill. Where three guys orchestrate a side dive to one side and roll under another guy doing the same thing back towards him.

Google comes up empty on a search and it might have been called a Flying Cloud drill. I also liked the bull ring, but didn’t really enjoy the Oklahoma drill that we did without a blocker—it was just a collision at a point between between two tires, with linemen taking turns being the runner or the tackler. 

“Get lower next time”, would be the refrain as we dug grass and mud out of our face masks while switching lines.

People who didn’t do it really don’t understand the blood, sweat, and tears football description that has become a cliche. 

Back to the subject at hand……

(1) I agree with Seybold and I also expect an announcement next week.

(2) I agree with Calico Jack, success will not be tied to a .500 season. Spencer Crutchfield’s four season tenure is considered successful and “a positive change”, but his record was two games below .500 over four seasons. One must also remember that he had a game-changer player three of those four seasons (Darius Napier 2018 and Clayton Davis 2020 & 2021–and Davis had a good sophomore season in 2019). Over that stretch, they beat only four teams that ended their respective seasons with winning records.  Anybody putting lofty expectations on the new coach is unrealistic.

(3) The new coach and/or athletic director need to work on (i) making sure the new District alignment is as favorable as possible, (ii) creating a schedule that helps the winning record, (iii) rejuvenating the feeder system. 

Success breeds success and Lincoln football desperately needs success—real success—not hosting a playoff off game and finishing .500 faux success. Let’s get back to double-digit wins and competing for a Region title.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

I heard from pretty creditable source Foley hasn’t spoken with LC much less interviewed. 

Foley, Senters, and Clevenger are no longer candidates. Clevenger withdrew, as did Goldsmith (Was never a candidate). I think Rogers would be in the running, but now is not. I think he'll be a coordinator by next week at a different school. 
Right now it's all eyes on Jaggers. I think he's priority one. If that does not happen, Senters may get a call, and I think Cooper gets a call. But truthfully it appears like a hire is being made. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NotMattJones said:

Foley, Senters, and Clevenger are no longer candidates. Clevenger withdrew, as did Goldsmith (Was never a candidate). I think Rogers would be in the running, but now is not. I think he'll be a coordinator by next week at a different school. 
Right now it's all eyes on Jaggers. I think he's priority one. If that does not happen, Senters may get a call, and I think Cooper gets a call. But truthfully it appears like a hire is being made. 

I'm interested in why Clevenger withdrew.  Did he get a lay of the land and not like what he saw?  Just a lack of mutual interest?

It's great to see this thread get so many responses like the Garrard one.  Shows there's great interest in football in region!

This will be my last comment on the situation.  I don't care who they hire, but as a former/proud alum that played on some of the most successful teams in school history it is incredibly sad that Coach Rogers never received a formal interview.  Not only, was he one of the most storied players in school history he has been apart of the program for the last decade as a coach in various roles including offensive and defensive coordinator.  Even if they had no intention on hiring him, that process could've proved valuable for him moving forward, and was merited based on the work that was put in (and results).  If not for a couple injuries to key players, last year's team would've finished with 8 or 9 wins.  To close, best of luck to the next coach, but it will be an uphill battle as various area schools are improving their facilities and investing in their programs and Lincoln County still can't produce a feasible practice facility surface for their players.  The grass quickly turns to hard rock dirt throughout the season, but we want to talk about the pride and tradition.  Invest into the young men that wear the red and white.  Death Valley is a special place on Friday nights, and I hope the program will continue to improve.      

• Like 3

As far as I'm told, this job search is over. Josh Jaggers is the hire, just waiting on the formality. 

I think this was handled as poorly as possible. I hate it for the kids and for the two coaches who had to go through this process as things were dealt with secretly. Guys, it's a formality and a courtesy to interview assistant coaches who apply for a position. Rogers and Cooper didn't have to get the job, that's fine. But to not interview those two men is just poor leadership. This entire situation has not set well with me and will not with the people I've spoken with, but that's business. 

I wish the best of luck to Lincoln and hope they have success this season! It's a traditional place and the progress of the last 4 seasons needs to continue to grow. I wish the best for Jaggers as well! 

I'm just skeptical.