Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

1 minute ago, Seybold24 said:

Explain.

A team cannot "drop down" by choice, unless they are the smallest team in a class & someone else chooses to "move up."  Boyle's enrollment numbers have increased since the last alignment, so they will probably be in 4A, proper, in the new alignment (as they were already one of the largest 3A schools).  Lexington Catholic is not far behind them.  I would still argue that 4A is an easier path to the title, so they could choose to continue to play up, even if they are 3A.  Now, it is entirely possible that they split - the rivalry seems to have lost some heat.

All this could wind up being wrong, because the enrollment numbers will be skewed because of COVID.  Beyond that we don't "know" what the realignment will look like.  In the area, we can know that Garrard, Mercer, & Casey will remain 3A, Danville will still be 2A, and Lincoln will still be 4A.  The question marks for this area are Rockcastle & Boyle.

48 minutes ago, GCHS said:

A team cannot "drop down" by choice, unless they are the smallest team in a class & someone else chooses to "move up."  Boyle's enrollment numbers have increased since the last alignment, so they will probably be in 4A, proper, in the new alignment (as they were already one of the largest 3A schools).  Lexington Catholic is not far behind them.  I would still argue that 4A is an easier path to the title, so they could choose to continue to play up, even if they are 3A.  Now, it is entirely possible that they split - the rivalry seems to have lost some heat.

All this could wind up being wrong, because the enrollment numbers will be skewed because of COVID.  Beyond that we don't "know" what the realignment will look like.  In the area, we can know that Garrard, Mercer, & Casey will remain 3A, Danville will still be 2A, and Lincoln will still be 4A.  The question marks for this area are Rockcastle & Boyle.

That’s pretty much what I said in my post, I didn’t say it was guaranteed to happen, all I said is it could happen, either way, this really isn’t about Garrard County, Boyle County or anyone else but Lincoln, Goodluck to Garrard, and I hope they compete and win some big games, and do big things! 

anybody heard anything new this morning about the coaching search? 

1 hour ago, GCHS said:

Boyle had less enrollment than Paducah who played in the 3A title game.

4A is an easier path to the title than 3A?? Johnson Central and Boyle would have likely clocked every team in the playoffs if they had played 3A this past year. 

• Like 1

It's being kept hush hush. I assume this is to keep Rogers and Cooper from realizing they may not be considered. They're running the weight program (Working for free) and have yet interviewed or heard about one. Sounds like the administration is just taking their time because they know the program is in good hands currently. I hate to see it. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Boyle had less enrollment than Paducah who played in the 3A title game.

4A is an easier path to the title than 3A?? Johnson Central and Boyle would have likely clocked every team in the playoffs if they had played 3A this past year. 

Not according to the document from the last alignment.  They were close, but Boyle had a higher male enrollment.  The latest numbers that I can find show that Boyle's enrollment has grown since, and PT's has declined (to be fair, those are overall numbers, not male enrollment).

Of course none of this is certain.  I could wind up being wrong, but just putting forward my best guess.

As far as relative strength of the classes - you are right that Boyle & Johnson Central were probably a lot better than anyone in 3A this year.  I don't think that really addresses the issue of which is the toughest path.  Reasonable people can disagree.

I have already hijacked the thread enough, but my whole point to begin with was that the idea that one job is better/worse based upon another school's alignment is flawed logic.

Ax-grinding, misinformation,  and subterfuge. This thread would make a good novel. 

All personal biases aside and as objectively as possible, who do you think is the best coach available to Lincoln? 

In my mind, it has to be someone with a plan to rejuvenate the feeder program, and probably someone with experience in doing so. The next coach will likely get major support from the Fiscal Court, which operates the youth football league. He will need to be energetic, hard-working and a ground-up program builder. 

Who fits the bill?