Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

10 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

Very unfortunate, To personal I believe, it happens. Hopefully everyone gets together and works this out. 

You can’t blame Rogers or Cooper. Maybe they feel like they are being used by the administration to keep the program up and running while they go hire someone else and keep them in the dark. 

I will say from what I know and have heard, looks like it will be Jaggers job to have. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ckyguy said:

You can’t blame Rogers or Cooper. Maybe they feel like they are being used by the administration to keep the program up and running while they go hire someone else and keep them in the dark. 

I will say from what I know and have heard, looks like it will be Jaggers job to have. 

I understand the issue, I just hope they can all get together and resolve it, it just sucks that someone is upset. I hate it for everyone. 

It was their decision to begin the weight program. They did that for the kids and the program. I think both thought they'd be interviewed, at least. 

For them to determine right now to pause the lifting, that shows you how poorly the administration has handled things. Two men working for the program while they don't even know their own futures? Speaks volumes. I think this move is to just hope that a hire is made quicker. I agree it's a shame this happened, but 100% justified. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

It was their decision to begin the weight program. They did that for the kids and the program. I think both thought they'd be interviewed, at least. 

For them to determine right now to pause the lifting, that shows you how poorly the administration has handled things. Two men working for the program while they don't even know their own futures? Speaks volumes. I think this move is to just hope that a hire is made quicker. I agree it's a shame this happened, but 100% justified. 

All the administration did was hurt the kids by the way they’ve handled the whole situation. I think the hire was/will be made because of what one person in the school system wanted. He didn’t want Rogers or Cooper to have a shot at the job. 

35 minutes ago, ckyguy said:

All the administration did was hurt the kids by the way they’ve handled the whole situation. I think the hire was/will be made because of what one person in the school system wanted. He didn’t want Rogers or Cooper to have a shot at the job. 

Hopefully everything works out and everyone gets their fair shake, their is still time for the others to have interviews as well, I hope everyone that applied gets an interview and it’s done the proper way, kids deserve to know, applicants do too. I’m happy with whoever they decide to hire, sometimes it’s nice to get input for the outside as well, not always but I don’t think it hurts to have a little input from the outside. Levi and cooper both have a ton of support, that amount of support has to mean something in my opinion, tells me exactly what kind of men they are, they should definitely be considered. 

Shutting down the weight room is unfortunate. I made a post earlier in this forum talking about how getting behind in the off-season will cost you in the regular season..looks like the ball has been dropped in that aspect especially if the weight room will remain closed until the hire is made. If Rogers didn't get an interview that is very sad news. 

1 hour ago, EagleRare20 said:

Shutting down the weight room is unfortunate. I made a post earlier in this forum talking about how getting behind in the off-season will cost you in the regular season..looks like the ball has been dropped in that aspect especially if the weight room will remain closed until the hire is made. If Rogers didn't get an interview that is very sad news. 

I don’t think the weight room got shut down because of a no interview, I think maybe everyone is reading to much into the fact that weight lifting has been cancelled (including myself) Could be just another reason why it was cancelled, sometimes things come up in life as well, these guys have families too. 

33 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

I don’t think the weight room got shut down because of a no interview, I think maybe everyone is reading to much into the fact that weight lifting has been cancelled (including myself) Could be just another reason why it was cancelled, sometimes things come up in life as well, these guys have families too. 

It is shut down until someone is hired. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

I was told someone else would supervise weight lifting if necessary. It was an act of the individual coaches, not the school/program. 

Weight lifting will continue.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Network said:

I was told someone else would supervise weight lifting. It was an act of the individual coaches, not the school/program. 

Weight lifting will continue.

For personal reasons or for some type of pushback over the their displeasure with the direction of the coaching search?

I'm told that weight lifting will continue this week. Cooper is a teacher, but can not lift during their 6th period class due to schedule conflicts. I'm told he is going to continue the lifting program after-school. 

I'm not sure how to read this in regards to Rogers. This may indicate he's talked to enough people to realize he isn't getting a job, or, he knows he has a opportunity elsewhere? Interesting developments going on this morning. 

Still feel for these guys. Both great men and these situations should and could have been avoided. 

6 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

I'm told that weight lifting will continue. Coach Cooper is going to take over according to the people I've talked to. Not sure what all has happened this morning. Does this hurt Rogers potentially? 

I reached back out and heard the same thing. I was going off of what I had heard last night. I believe Rogers has removed himself from continuing the weightlifting until a hire is made. 

I would be surprised if Jaggers takes this job. It seems that he applies for every job in the area and never takes them. He probably applied for the Mercer job as well. 

It seems that the kids are the ones being affected by this the most which is a great look. I am glad they could continue to lift and workout in this transition.