Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

Who will be the next head football coach at Lincoln County?

Garrard County will be making it official tomorrow that Spencer Crutchfield will be the new head coach. 

Look for his cousin and current assistant Levi Rodgers to be front and center for this job and deservingly so! 

• Thanks 1

Congrats to Spencer and Garrard, great for both sides. He'll have as much success as he wants. Great hire!

As for Lincoln, I'd interview any assistants interested in the job first. Lincoln may struggle next year without Davis and Amon but they can build for the next few years. I would think it'd be easier to maintain success with familiar guys around. Good luck Lincoln! 

26 minutes ago, EagleRare20 said:

Until the football program is given the same attention as the basketball program it will always play second fiddle. 

I think this starts to change soon.  Their middle school team was very successful, and their booster club has showed tremendous support the last few years.  Coach Jackson is close to retirement as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I think this starts to change soon.  Their middle school team was very successful, and their booster club has showed tremendous support the last few years.  Coach Jackson is close to retirement as well.

Good point. I don't know anything about what happens on the inside, just an outsider looking in. Lincoln has had good athletes over the years. Always seems to me the top football players play basketball but that isn't reciprocated. If you want to win at a high level, your best athletes need to play multiple sports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanvilleFan said:

Should Lincoln reach out to Clay Clevenger about this opening?

I don't mean this as any type of disrespect to Clay, but I think Lincoln needs to hire a Coach who is planning on staying at Lincoln and building the program. Rogers has been mentioned, I know there will be a couple others similar to him that are interested. Those guys should be priority first, IMO. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EagleRare20 said:

Until the football program is given the same attention as the basketball program it will always play second fiddle. 

Jackson prefers not to share athletes and demands basketball first. Just what I’ve heard many times over the years. 

• Like 1

Lincoln County has the talent to be a dangerous football team... One horse town, no independent school to pull kids... They just continue to run off really good coaches though. French, Settles, and maybe Crutchfield? I'm not saying he left with bitter or anything or that he was treated poorly. What I'm saying is until Lincoln gives its football program what it gives its basketball program or more, they won't keep top-tier coaches. They will always be a stepping stone to a better job for coaches. If they truly like Spencer and thought that he was a great coach to get behind, then they should have done everything in their power to keep him there. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, WestDanville said:

Jackson prefers not to share athletes and demands basketball first. Just what I’ve heard many times over the years. 

I've heard the same. No reason some of those basketball athletes shouldn't have been on the football field over the years. Lincoln's best teams have came when every athlete is playing multiple sports. 

• Like 1