Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

1 hour ago, NotMattJones said:

Sounds like support is behind Cooper and Rogers, but applications have not been made public. Other applicants could have support also but until it's public, then the community seems happy with the direction of the program under the leadership of one of the assistants. General opinion is the community does not want a complete blow up and start over. Now, things could change. But this is what I was told last night and was confirmed by other friends in the area this morning. I'll be surprised if Lincoln hires a complete outsider at this point. 

I am curious to know who applied and is potentially getting passed over just to keep it "in house." Not saying either guy would be a bad hire because I assume both are good people from your post. Just curious. 

On 1/5/2022 at 2:37 PM, Hazlett72 said:

This is being quite just like the garrard hire lol.

No one wants to say anything about who’s applied other than Levi, Cooper and hearing Boone goldsmith and the coach that coached garrard county last season.

Bret has applied.

Levi is the hire for me, if not him Boone Goldsmith would be my next on the list if they wanted to go outside the current coaching staff, wealth of knowledge, and a great guy. Wouldn’t really consider anyone else unless it’s a big time name. 

14 hours ago, Hazlett72 said:

No one wants to say anything about who’s applied other than Levi, Cooper and hearing Boone goldsmith and the coach that coached garrard county last season 

I believe this one is a lot more quite than the Garrard County job. Only thing I’ve heard around the area is that Levi Rodgers has applied. 

43 minutes ago, Hitemdeep said:

Starting to heat up that a former coaches son is interested. Exceptional football family that would bring knowledge and Championship experience back to Lincoln. 

I hope we aren’t talking jaggers lol. He has a losing record overall at Larue by quite a margin while having all kinds of talent in his time. Don’t think that translates to wins when you have to play much better competition in a higher class. This name came up early amongst parents and community members, and let’s just say Lincoln won’t have a varsity roster if this is the hire. 

22 minutes ago, Backseat Ball Coach said:

I hope we aren’t talking jaggers lol. He has a losing record overall at Larue by quite a margin while having all kinds of talent in his time. Don’t think that translates to wins when you have to play much better competition in a higher class. This name came up early amongst parents and community members, and let’s just say Lincoln won’t have a varsity roster if this is the hire. 

A quick Josh Jaggers career recap at Larue County:

• 45-55 career record at Larue County (9 seasons total)
  • 37-29 record during this second stint (6 seasons)
  • Four times advanced to the second round and one trip to the state semifinals

A quick Lincoln County recap during those same nine years:

• 38-60 record
  • Three times advanced to the second round

I'm not saying he's the best choice, or if he or Lincoln are even interested. But you could do a whole lot worse. And spare us the "won't have a varsity roster if this is the hire" nonsense. When has that ever happened? And before you say Danville this year, the KHSAA shows 38 kids on the Danville roster in 2021 while showing 43 in 2020; hardly a sizable difference.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 2:37 PM, Hazlett72 said:

No one wants to say anything about who’s applied other than Levi, Cooper and hearing Boone goldsmith and the coach that coached garrard county last season 

On 1/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, Hazlett72 said:

Bret has applied 

Not sure if the last name got cut off here or what, but is "Bret" Bret Baierlein from Garrard County? If so, he would be an excellent choice. Was Garrard Middle coach for several years, winning two conference titles, I believe. He's been Jerry Perry's lead assistant the entire second stint at Garrard (since 2014), and in many ways served as the de facto head coach this season due to Perry's health issues. Super organized, good motivator, very knowledgeable. Excellent classroom teacher and very civic minded, as well.

32 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Not sure if the last name got cut off here or what, but is "Bret" Bret Baierlein from Garrard County? If so, he would be an excellent choice. Was Garrard Middle coach for several years, winning two conference titles, I believe. He's been Jerry Perry's lead assistant the entire second stint at Garrard (since 2014), and in many ways served as the de facto head coach this season due to Perry's health issues. Super organized, good motivator, very knowledgeable. Excellent classroom teacher and very civic minded, as well.

I have no doubt he’s a good coach. I know some of his family great people. But if you would say he’s a good choice for us but he wasn’t for garrard? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hazlett72 said:

I have no doubt he’s a good coach. I know some of his family great people. But if you would say he’s a good choice for us but he wasn’t for garrard? 

Kind of a victim of circumstance at Garrard. I believe he would have done a very good job at Garrard but I suspect it is difficult to justify firing the head coach and then promoting a staff member to that position.