Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

A quick Josh Jaggers career recap at Larue County:

• 45-55 career record at Larue County (9 seasons total)
  • 37-29 record during this second stint (6 seasons)
  • Four times advanced to the second round and one trip to the state semifinals

A quick Lincoln County recap during those same nine years:

• 38-60 record
  • Three times advanced to the second round

I'm not saying he's the best choice, or if he or Lincoln are even interested. But you could do a whole lot worse. And spare us the "won't have a varsity roster if this is the hire" nonsense. When has that ever happened? And before you say Danville this year, the KHSAA shows 38 kids on the Danville roster in 2021 while showing 43 in 2020; hardly a sizable difference.

I wasn’t trying to say josh jaggers isn’t a good coach by any means so I apologize if it came out that way. He has had some good seasons at Larue. I said he has a losing record which he does as you showed us. Lincoln lost a bunch from last years team and has less than 10 returners that have varsity experience, so if you lose 4 or 5 of those with a small senior class coming up I would say yes they will have less than a competitive varsity roster. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Backseat Ball Coach said:

I wasn’t trying to say josh jaggers isn’t a good coach by any means so I apologize if it came out that way. He has had some good seasons at Larue. I said he has a losing record which he does as you showed us. Lincoln lost a bunch from last years team and has less than 10 returners that have varsity experience, so if you lose 4 or 5 of those with a small senior class coming up I would say yes they will have less than a competitive varsity roster. 

Flip side of that, however, is Lincoln has been very solid at the middle school for the last couple of years if I'm not mistaken. Whoever gets the job may struggle next year but the future is pretty bright.

11 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Flip side of that, however, is Lincoln has been very solid at the middle school for the last couple of years if I'm not mistaken. Whoever gets the job may struggle next year but the future is pretty bright, unless I'm mistaken.

A lot of talent coming and I mean just straight up football players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cary Grant said:

Jaggers is probably the hottest name in the state and if he decides to leave he will have his pick of jobs. What he has accomplished at LaRue is amazing. This is a pretty good job so I would assume they will have several good applicants!

Solid coach but hottest name in the state? Idk about that. He would do well at Lincoln though. 

12 hours ago, Hazlett72 said:

Just got off the phone with a multiple state championship coach that’s going to throw his name in the bucket. Get your popcorn ready it’s about to get real in Lincoln.

Chuck Smith thinking about returning to HS Football? 

10 hours ago, Cary Grant said:

Jaggers is probably the hottest name in the state and if he decides to leave he will have his pick of jobs. What he has accomplished at LaRue is amazing. This is a pretty good job so I would assume they will have several good applicants!

Seems like a good guy but hottest name in the state may be a stretch! I'm still uncertain about the fit at Lincoln if this ends up happening. 

12 hours ago, Hazlett72 said:

Just got off the phone with a multiple state championship coach that’s going to throw his name in the bucket. Get your popcorn ready it’s about to get real in Lincoln.

Multiple titles as a head coach or as an assistant? 

25 minutes ago, Hazlett72 said:

Head.

I can’t see any active head coaches with multiple titles leaving their current jobs for Lincoln County. I can’t see Chuck leaving his grandkids in Bowling Green. Only name I can think of with ties to the area would be Sam Harp and I doubt he wants to be a head coach again. Sounds like some stirring of the pot going on.