Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

11 hours ago, Hazlett72 said:

Well I guess we can mark Larkey off the list. 

Who would be on the list right now? I went back on the thread and have seen Rogers (Current Asst), Cooper (Current Asst), Clevenger, Sheron, Goldsmith, and Lucas mentioned. Are all of these legitimate candidates? I think with the holiday season. things are going to be quiet. 

50 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

Who would be on the list right now? I went back on the thread and have seen Rogers (Current Asst), Cooper (Current Asst), Clevenger, Sheron, Goldsmith, and Lucas mentioned. Are all of these legitimate candidates? I think with the holiday season. things are going to be quiet. 

I think we’ll here more by next week. I do know Levi Rodgers is applying for the head coaching position. 

• Like 1

I reached out to some people from Stanford and this is the information they gave, so take it for what it's worth. Levi Rogers and Daniel Cooper both applied for the head coaching spot. Rogers was the defensive coordinator for the last 4 seasons, and Cooper was the WRs/DBs Coach/Head JV Coach for the last 4 seasons. Both are qualified and well respected with the players. 

According to a different thread, it also seems like Rogers was interviewed at Knox Central? I read this through a different thread, but it was not mentioned by anyone I spoke with. Can anyone confirm this? 

There doesn't seem to be a timeline for the Lincoln job, but, things around them are moving fast, so I hope they make a good hire soon. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NotMattJones said:

I reached out to some people from Stanford and this is the information they gave, so take it for what it's worth. Levi Rogers and Daniel Cooper both applied for the head coaching spot. Rogers was the defensive coordinator for the last 4 seasons, and Cooper was the WRs/DBs Coach/Head JV Coach for the last 4 seasons. Both are qualified and well respected with the players. 

According to a different thread, it also seems like Rogers was interviewed at Knox Central? I read this through a different thread, but it was not mentioned by anyone I spoke with. Can anyone confirm this? 

There doesn't seem to be a timeline for the Lincoln job, but, things around them are moving fast, so I hope they make a good hire soon. 

Thanks for looking into it and sharing what you were told.

1 hour ago, NotMattJones said:

I do believe Levi Rodgers has applied at two other schools not sure which ones. He’s still an option at being an assistant under Spencer Crutchfield at Garrard County also. With him applying elsewhere does this mean Lincoln is passing on him? Not sure what to think of it at this point. 

Rogers was also offensive coordinator for Leffew before 4 seasons with Crutchfield. He also had plans of head coaching before Crutchfield left, so I don’t think Lincoln is passing on him. Lincoln’s timeline of not starting the process until after the holidays has allowed other programs to contact and interview Rogers first. He was interviewed at Knox and I would imagine Lincoln will give him an opportunity after putting 8 years in if he isn’t hired elsewhere first. Not to mention he was the QB during Larry French’s 4 years. 

Sounds like support is behind Cooper and Rogers, but applications have not been made public. Other applicants could have support also but until it's public, then the community seems happy with the direction of the program under the leadership of one of the assistants. General opinion is the community does not want a complete blow up and start over. Now, things could change. But this is what I was told last night and was confirmed by other friends in the area this morning. I'll be surprised if Lincoln hires a complete outsider at this point.