Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

14 hours ago, Hazlett72 said:

Just got off the phone with a multiple state championship coach that’s going to throw his name in the bucket. Get your popcorn ready it’s about to get real in Lincoln.

Coaches with multiple state championship appearances (KHSAA Football Coaches Advancing To State Championship😞

17 Bob Beatty (15-2)
14 Dale Mueller (11-3)
14 Philip Haywood (8-6)
12 Joe Morris (6-6)
11 Mike Glaser (7-4)
10 Mike Yeagle (8-2)
10 Sam Harp (7-3)
9 Jack Morris (4-5)
9 Bob Schneider (3-6)
9 Kevin Wallace (6-3)
8 Chuck Smith (6-2)
8 Ed Miracle (4-4)
8 Noel Rash (7-1)
7 Ty Scroggins (5-2)
7 Owen Hauck (1-6)
6 Joe Jaggers (5-1)
6 Bob Redman (3-3)
6 Chris Wolfe (2-4)
5 Dennis Lampley (5-0)
5 Lynn Ray (5-0)
5 Eddie Eviston (4-1)
5 Hilliard Howard (3-2)
5 Don Haley (2-3)
5 James Matthews (2-3)
5 Jim Matney (2-3)
5 Allen Cox (1-4)
4 Tom Duffy (4-0)
4 Ken Barrett (3-1)
4 Dudley Hilton (3-1)
4 Mike Holcomb (3-1)
4 Garnis Martin (3-1)
4 Chris McNamee (3-1)
4 Marshall Patterson (3-1)
4 Randy Reese (3-1)
4 Justin Haddix (2-2)
4 Jim Kennedy (2-2)
4 Doug Preston (2-2)
4 Tom Becherer (1-3)
4 Mark Dixon (1-3)
4 Johnny Hines (1-3)
4 Jim McKee (1-3)
4 John Cain (0-4)
3 Shawn Berner (3-0)
3 Steve Frommeyer (3-0)
3 Bill Hermann (3-0)
3 Charlie Kuhn (3-0)
3 Dave Moore (3-0)
3 Brandon Smith (3-0)
3 Larry French (2-1)
3 Paul Leahy (2-1)
3 Ivan McGlone (2-1)
3 Archie Powers (2-1)
3 Homer Rice (2-1)
3 Fred Bernier (1-2)
3 Ron Cain (1-2)
3 Elmer Collina (1-2)
3 Joey Downs (1-2)
3 Vince Hancock (1-2)
3 Joe Hood (1-2)
3 Roy Walton (1-2)
3 John Edge (0-3)
3 Stephen Hart (0-3)
3 Jack Haskins (0-3)
3 Alvis Johnson (0-3)
Dan Wagner (0-3)
2 Harold Davis (2-0)
2 Pat Gates (2-0)
2 Bill Glaser (2-0)
2 Dan Goble (2-0)
2 Roger Gruneisen (2-0)
2 Stefan Lefors (2-0)
2 Mike Murphy (2-0)
2 Fleming Thornton (2-0)
2 Larry Adams (1-1)
2 Bill Baldridge (1-1)
2 Jake Bell (1-1)
2 Mark Brown (1-1)
2 Joe Chirico (1-1)
2 Craig Clayton (1-1)
2 Clay Clevenger (1-1)
2 Bob Endy (1-1)
2 Ty Holland (1-1)
2 Charles Ishmael (1-1)
2 Marty Jaggers (1-1)
2 Bill Letton (1-1)
2 Bob Lewis (1-1)
2 Jerry Lucas (1-1)
2 Larry Moore (1-1)
2 Paul Rains (1-1)
2 Jim Gray (0-1-1)
2 Walter Brugh (0-2)
2 Brett Burnett (0-2)
2 Doug Charles (0-2)
2 Herb Conley (0-2)
2 Jerry Eubank (0-2)
2 Jerry Herron (0-2)
2 Mojo Hollowell (0-2)
2 Tom Larkey (0-2)
2 Steve Lovelace (0-2)
2 Duke Owen (0-2)
2 Mark Peach (0-2)
2 Gordon Powers (0-2)
2 Jim Saylor (0-2)
2 Dennis Sexton (0-2)
2 Eric Shaw (0-2)
2 Tom Stapleton (0-2)

The names most mentioned here all are “Lincoln County guys.” 

Levi Rogers is a 2008 LCHS grad, and was the career passing yardage leader until surpassed by Bryson Yaden, and that was on a team that Levi was the assistant coach. He played at Lincoln for Larry French, and coached at Lincoln with Leffew and Crutchfield, and his father played at Lincoln in the late 70s and early 80s.

Daniel Cooper is also a former player and is a current teacher in the system, having graduated LCHS in 2016. He played for both Settles and Leffew, his father played for Wooldridge, and his grandfather played at Stanford High. His history with football at Lincoln is kinda like Crutchfield’s at Garrard.  

Josh Jaggers spent his most formative years in Lincoln County, attending school there from the 4th through 9th grades, and playing football for one season—his father’s last at Lincoln as head coach. Josh lived and died with the Lincoln football teams of the early and mid 90s, and what many may not know, is that he deep-down wanted to stay at Lincoln when Marty resigned. Eventually, the family moved to Danville and Josh enrolled there. Also, you may find it interesting to know that Josh wore a Lincoln football shirt under his pads for every game during the three years he played at Danville. In my opinion, Josh considers two places home—Larue County, where his mother is from, and Lincoln County where he has so many good memories. 

Will Josh take the job if offered? Only Josh knows that, but to say that Lincoln needs a Lincoln guy, is ignorant to Josh’s history, and to imply that he isn’t a proven head coach is silly. While he doesn’t have a winning record at Larue County, he’s been in a pretty tough alignment and has fared better than anyone else there. 

Josh Jaggers football resume:

-2000 Danville graduate

-Played one season at Lincoln County 1996; attended Lincoln County schools 4th through 9th grades

-Ball-boy/Coach’s son at Lincoln County 1991-1995

-1 state runnerup as player (Danville 1998)

-1 state title as Assistant Coach (2006 Mercer County)

-Mr. Football finalist 1999

-1st Team All-state lineman 1999; 2nd Team 1998

-Advocate Messenger Lineman of the year 1999, All-Area team three years (1997, 1998, 1999)

-UK Scholarship-player, signed 2000

-Finished football career at Campbellsville University (2005 graduate)

-Named to 2004 NAIA All Mid-South Conference first team offense

-Assistant coach North Hardin 2005 (1 season)

-Assistant coach at Mercer County 2006-07 (2 seasons)

-Assistant coach Larue County 2008-2011 (4 seasons)

-Head Coach Larue County 2012-2014 (3 seasons), record 8-26, including 0-11 season in 2013

-Assistant Coach John Hardin 2015-2016 (2 seasons), after resigning at Larue County after losing confidence of administration. 

-Head Coach Larue County 2017-Present (5 seasons), record of 30-23. Best season was 10-2 in 2017, deepest playoff run was semifinals loss to Lou. Central in 2018; won the school’s second region title since playoffs started in 1959

-Overall head coaching record 38-49 over 8 seasons. 

-Playoff results: (1) semi-final appearance; (3) 2nd round losses; (4) first round losses

-Playoff record: 6-8

This whole process will turn out to be a joke. If Lincoln makes the wrong hire kids will leave and we will be in the same boat we’ve always been in. The hires before haven’t gotten the job done take coach French out of it and it’s been a 20 year bust. 

31 minutes ago, Mr.Network said:

Levi Rogers is a 2008 LCHS grad, and was the career passing yardage leader until surpassed by Bryson Yaden, and that was on a team that Levi was the assistant coach. He played at Lincoln for Larry French, and coached at Lincoln with Leffew and Crutchfield, and his father played at Lincoln in the late 70s and early 80s.

Daniel Cooper is also a former player and is a current teacher in the system, having graduated LCHS in 2016. He played for both Settles and Leffew, his father played for Wooldridge, and his grandfather played at Stanford High. His history with football at Lincoln is kinda like Crutchfield’s at Garrard.  

Josh Jaggers spent his most formative years in Lincoln County, attending school there from the 4th through 9th grades, and playing football for one season—his father’s last at Lincoln as head coach. Josh lived and died with the Lincoln football teams of the early and mid 90s, and what many may not know, is that he deep-down wanted to stay at Lincoln when Marty resigned. Eventually, the family moved to Danville and Josh enrolled there. Also, you may find it interesting to know that Josh wore a Lincoln football shirt under his pads for every game during the three years he played at Danville. In my opinion, Josh considers two places home—Larue County, where his mother is from, and Lincoln County where he has so many good memories. 

Will Josh take the job if offered? Only Josh knows that, but to say that Lincoln needs a Lincoln guy, is ignorant to Josh’s history, and to imply that he isn’t a proven head coach is silly. While he doesn’t have a winning record at Larue County, he’s been in a pretty tough alignment and has fared better than anyone else there. 

-2000 Danville graduate

-Played one season at Lincoln County 1996; attended Lincoln County schools 4th through 9th grades

-Advocate Messenger Lineman of the year 1999, All-Area team three years (1997, 1998, 1999)

-Head Coach Larue County 2012-2014 (3 seasons), record 8-26, including 0-11 season in 2013

-Assistant Coach John Hardin 2015-2016 (2 seasons), after resigning at Larue County after losing confidence of administration. 

-Head Coach Larue County 2017-Present (5 seasons), record of 30-23. Best season was 10-2 in 2017, deepest playoff run was semifinals loss to Lou. Central in 2018; won the school’s second region title since playoffs started in 1959

-Playoff results: (1) semi-final appearance; (3) 2nd round losses; (4) first round losses

Coach French said Levi wore a patriot riding a bald eagle under his pads while at Lincoln. Just saying lol 

3 minutes ago, Hazlett72 said:

This whole process will turn out to be a joke. If Lincoln makes the wrong hire kids will leave and we will be in the same boat we’ve always been in. The hires before haven’t gotten the job done take coach French out of it and it’s been a 20 year bust. 

Anything you can think of that has been constant during that "20 year bust?"

1 hour ago, Mr.Network said:

-2000 Danville graduate

Can we get a look at the other 2 resume? Because I sure Rogers and Cooper have much more than what you listed. You seem pretty one sided here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Backseat Ball Coach said:

Can we get a look at the other 2 resume? Because I sure Rogers and Cooper have much more than what you listed. You seem pretty one sided here.

Feel free to post their resumes. That’s all I have, as neither has been a head coach, played in a state title game, coached in one, or been a Mr. Football finalist. 

I have tracked Josh’s career, for my historical records, as the son of a former LC head coach. Everything in the “resume” I posted came from media reports or other public information through the years.

I like both Rogers and Cooper, and have known their families a long time. There was no intent to slight either one. 

If interested Jaggers has football in his blood, experience as head coach and I believe LC would support him. He is also young enough to relate to the kids well and if he gets support from his Dad it’s a winning situation for the Patriots. 

I know Rogers had back to back double digit winning seasons at Lincoln as a QB. I’m not sure the last time this was done in the program, but hasn’t come anywhere close to that since then. Those seasons resulted in district titles, a regional title, and state-semi appearance. He was also brysons QB coach and OC for most of his career.  I could be wrong, but I think he still holds every other QB passing record at the school (season yards, season TD’s, Career TD’s).  He also is the guy responsible for bringing Coach Crutchfield to LC because they are first cousins.  He was the defensive coordinator for Coach Crutchfield. They had 2 shutouts this season, which I’m not sure when that has happened in the program history. He was an assistant on a staff that won Garrard county their only regional title in school history as well. I think it’s very safe to say he knows what it takes to win at LC. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Backseat Ball Coach said:

I know Rogers had back to back double digit winning seasons at Lincoln as a QB. I’m not sure the last time this was done in the program, but hasn’t come anywhere close to that since then. Those seasons resulted in district titles, a regional title, and state-semi appearance. He was also brysons QB coach and OC for most of his career.  I could be wrong, but I think he still holds every other QB passing record at the school (season yards, season TD’s, Career TD’s).  He also is the guy responsible for bringing Coach Crutchfield to LC because they are first cousins.  He was the defensive coordinator for Coach Crutchfield. They had 2 shutouts this season, which I’m not sure when that has happened in the program history. He was an assistant on a staff that won Garrard county their only regional title in school history as well. I think it’s very safe to say he knows what it takes to win at LC. 

All true. Levi is a Patriot through and through, and is a hometown hero of Lincoln football.