Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

15 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

Jaggers or Foley? Conflicting reports..

I’m leaning towards Foley or Rodgers. Rodgers just makes more sense than anyone listed. Maybe him not being a teacher has came into play and will keep him from being the head man. I figured he would travel down to Lancaster and be one of Crutchfields assistants if he didn’t get the head position. With Garrard County already having 8+ coaches on staff it’s hard to see where he will fit in on the staff. I’m sure Coach Crutchfield would find him a spot no doubt. But the more I talk to people around Stanford it seems like Rodgers might stay regardless if he gets the job or not. Surely this thing will wrap up by the end of the week or first of next. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CentralSports said:

I’m leaning towards Foley or Rodgers. Rodgers just makes more sense than anyone listed. Maybe him not being a teacher has came into play and will keep him from being the head man. I figured he would travel down to Lancaster and be one of Crutchfields assistants if he didn’t get the head position. With Garrard County already having 8+ coaches on staff it’s hard to see where he will fit in on the staff. I’m sure Coach Crutchfield would find him a spot no doubt. But the more I talk to people around Stanford it seems like Rodgers might stay regardless if he gets the job or not. Surely this thing will wrap up by the end of the week or first of next. 

He isn’t going to stay if he’s not hired. I’ve heard from someone close to him that he’s been offered a DC position and an OC position at different schools if he isn’t hired as the HC. Also, he’s more than likely going to have a spot on Crutchfield’s staff if he wants to be there. So he’s got options. 

57 minutes ago, CentralSports said:

From rumblings I've been told (And who knows what to believe) 

If Rogers gets the job, Cooper and Marcum will both stay. 

If Cooper gets the job, Marcum would stay but Rogers maybe leaves? 

If neither get the job, it's hard to see any of the three staying. 

Football in Lincoln would much different in 2022 compared to the last 4 years if this happens. I for one do not see that as a positive thing. Very important the correct hire is made. For the current players but most importantly for the future. The administration has to consider this. Rogers is ready to be a HC. Cooper will make a fine coordinator for somebody if he doesn't get the chance at Lincoln. Marcum has been around the program for 10+ years as a coach. They need to keep these guys if possible. 

4 hours ago, GCHS said:

Not according to the document from the last alignment.  They were close, but Boyle had a higher male enrollment.  The latest numbers that I can find show that Boyle's enrollment has grown since, and PT's has declined (to be fair, those are overall numbers, not male enrollment).

Of course none of this is certain.  I could wind up being wrong, but just putting forward my best guess.

As far as relative strength of the classes - you are right that Boyle & Johnson Central were probably a lot better than anyone in 3A this year.  I don't think that really addresses the issue of which is the toughest path.  Reasonable people can disagree.

I have already hijacked the thread enough, but my whole point to begin with was that the idea that one job is better/worse based upon another school's alignment is flawed logic.

Look at the enrollment numbers from the state championship program. 

• Thanks 1

Rumbling are out of control. I'll provide what I have confirmed, which is still not as much as I hoped. 

Weight training was canceled this evening, according to their team Facebook page. After reaching out, this decision came from the current coaches running the weights. Both have applied, and have not been interviewed. Out of respect for the kids, they decided it best to wait and see what happens. They began the weight program weeks ago thinking a hire would have been made at this point (Assumedly one of them) and here they are, going on 3 weeks. It will be hard on the kids to have to adjust if neither coach is hired. 

Also, I did not get a name, but one of the current Head Coaches mentioned on the thread has been interviewed and even potentially offered the job. 

I've talked to 7 people, and It was a perfect 7/7 who were upset with the fact that Rogers and Cooper are being kept in the dark. I think this job is filled by Friday. I have to go to work but this is what I have! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, theguru said:

Canceling the weightlifting is unfortunate, hopefully the powers that be will reconsider that one. 

Very unfortunate, To personal I believe, it happens. Hopefully everyone gets together and works this out. 

• Like 1