Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

4 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

There is truth to this. Cooper is a teacher in the building, Marcum is pursing other things in life so he may not be back., and Rogers is not a teacher that I'm aware of. 

I tend to think Marcum will stay on if Rogers or Cooper get the job. I do know for a fact that both coaches have reached out to potential candidates about coming to Lincoln. 

I think it's extremely important both Rogers and Cooper get an interview. Both are invested at Lincoln and their opinions should be valued on the direction the Lincoln program should go. Regardless if they are hired (And I still think both would be a fine HC) their opinions need to be valued. 

Regardless, Lincoln is hurting themselves by going slowly. How can a coach bring on assistants? Most are already taking other jobs and moving as is. 

Can anyone confirm if Rogers and Cooper have interviewed for the position yet? I know initial interviews began last week, from a source. 

They have not interviewed and I don’t think either expects they will get one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiefSmoke said:

I am not a candidate for the Lincoln County job. But, if @Mr.Network accepts the head coaching position, and @theguru is on staff, I will commit to setting up the pylons before the game.  According to my old coach, Larry French, that is about all I am good for. Lol 

I tend to believe you are a little more valuable than that.  But then again, Larry is rarely wrong.  At least that's what he told me once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PRevere said:

That's a shame if they don't interview those boys. 

Agree. 

The record speaks for itself on both. They helped change the Lincoln program with Crutchfield. Both played at Lincoln. Both are Lincoln guys. It shouldn't be in question. I have heard that one of the two has moved on and is assuming a Coordinator position could be a better alternative. But I'm still confirming that. 

1 minute ago, NotMattJones said:

Agree. 

The record speaks for itself on both. They helped change the Lincoln program with Crutchfield. Both played at Lincoln. Both are Lincoln guys. It shouldn't be in question. I have heard that one of the two has moved on and is assuming a Coordinator position could be a better alternative. But I'm still confirming that. 

Yes. I’ve heard that as well. It would be a great fit. He has plenty of options in hand if this doesn’t work out. 

2 hours ago, ckyguy said:

They have not interviewed and I don’t think either expects they will get one. 

1 hour ago, NotMattJones said:

Agree. 

Out of respect those should have been the 1st 2 interviews. If they aren't looking to hire them then they should tell them up front so they can make other plans. Its not fair to lead those boys on. Sometimes the writing may be on the wall. If I'm in their shoes I would wade through the middle of it and ask the decision makers if I'm a legit candidate for the job. If I'm not then a lot of things get pretty clear in terms of options. The other thing is can those boys make it work together cause there is only 1 top spot. Just some thoughts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PRevere said:

Out of respect those should have been the 1st 2 interviews. If they aren't looking to hire them then they should tell them up front so they can make other plans. Its not fair to lead those boys on. Sometimes the writing may be on the wall. If I'm in their shoes I would wade through the middle of it and ask the decision makers if I'm a legit candidate for the job. If I'm not then a lot of things get pretty clear in terms of options. The other thing is can those boys make it work together cause there is only 1 top spot. Just some thoughts.

I want to say That none of them have been interviewed yet, but I can’t confirm that, I know their have been phone calls but I’m not sure any of the top 4 has had an “official” interview. I’ve heard the only 4 in consideration is

Levi Rogers

Craig Foley

Josh Jaggers

Mark Scenters

can anyone confirm that to be true? 

6 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

I want to say That none of them have been interviewed yet, but I can’t confirm that, I know their have been phone calls but I’m not sure any of the top 4 has had an “official” interview. I’ve heard the only 4 in consideration is

Levi Rogers

Craig Foley

Josh Jaggers

Mark Scenters

can anyone confirm that to be true? 

Two from your list has been interviewed and a third gets interviewed tomorrow. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, EagleRare20 said:

What are the expectations from the community for the up-coming seasons? Between these 4 listed, what would be considered a "good first year?"

Keeping the kids interested and buy into the new system. The community needs to support whoever they hire and keep the wheels rolling. As of right now I know of 2 kids that are transferring from LC to north on 27. Hopefully they can turn it around quick in Stanford because I know some that are losing patience. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CentralSports said:

Keeping the kids interested and buy into the new system. The community needs to support whoever they hire and keep the wheels rolling. As of right now I know of 2 kids that are transferring from LC to north on 27. Hopefully they can turn it around quick in Stanford because I know some that are losing patience. 

Are these two kids big pieces of the team? I hate seeing a coach come in, the community place unrealistic expectations on the season, and the coach being ran off due to those expectations. 

44 minutes ago, CentralSports said:

They may be just following what they know, so much uncertainty right now, but I would advise against them transferring, not sure what they are going to get there that they won’t get @ LC other then the coaching staff that they are used too. Mind boggling to me, but to each their own they have to do what’s best for their kids, we certainly did at my house so I get it. 

43 minutes ago, EagleRare20 said:

Are these two kids big pieces of the team? I hate seeing a coach come in, the community place unrealistic expectations on the season, and the coach being ran off due to those expectations. 

I know one that was a freshman who played quite a bit on both sides of the ball. Not sure on the other right now. And this is not hear say. Came strictly from an assistants mouth. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

They may be just following what they know, so much uncertainty right now, but I would advise against them transferring, not sure what they are going to get there that they won’t get @ LC other then the coaching staff that they are used too. Mind boggling to me, but to each their own they have to do what’s best for their kids, we certainly did at my house so I get it. 

The programs look to be heading in 2 different directions if you ask me. Not really mind boggling when one team will compete for the district title the next few years and the other is rebuilding from one of the most talented senior classes in recent history. 

• Like 1