Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

3 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

Will there be a hire by the end of the month? 

Without question IMO. I’d go out on a limb to say it will be done this week.  It’s a dead time of year right now in a lot of ways. The days seem like weeks, weeks seem like months, so on and so forth and because of that we become more of a microwave mentality society than we’ve sadly all become (myself included). 

When is Lincoln’s next big home basketball game? Boyl County on Feb 4th? I’ll eat a plate full of crow if a hire isn’t made before then and a reintroduction (if on staff) or introduction made then.

4 minutes ago, Calico Jack said:

Without question IMO. I’d go out on a limb to say it will be done this week.  It’s a dead time of year right now in a lot of ways. The days seem like weeks, weeks seem like months, so on and so forth and because of that we become more of a microwave mentality society than we’ve sadly all become (myself included). 

When is Lincoln’s next big home basketball game? Boyl County on Feb 4th? I’ll eat a plate full of crow if a hire isn’t made before then and a reintroduction (if on staff) or introduction made then.

I'm just glad the administration is doing what they feel is the best for the kids and not who some parents of players want. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm just glad the administration is doing what they feel is the best for the kids and not who some parents of players want. 

Interesting take…. Or could it be who a certain member of the administration wants? That’s usually how it goes in these situations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

What exactly is best for the kids in your opinion? Nothing intended by that, I just like comparing viewpoints. Who in this job consideration is best for the kids? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

Without question and that’s the case w every hire. I truly believe that. I’m just thankful we have men and women across the board that are wanting to coach our youth. Then when you factor there are qualified people who want to do it on top of that? That’s a bonus.  Lincoln is going to be fine. Every job opening has pockets of support for different people, and that’s to be expected.  And in the end? The overwhelming vast majority always come together to support whomever is hired. That will be the case here as well.  You’re always going to have some that you can’t please no matter what is done, but you can’t worry about them.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ckyguy said:

I think it’s beyond evident he will leave if he isn’t hired as the head coach. The administration has to know that by now. He’s been on staff with 3 different head coaches at Lincoln. I think he thinks it’s his time to get a chance, and I would agree with him. The administration can’t expect him to just tag along and be an assistant his whole life. The program is in a lot better position it was in 4 years ago. He’s a key contributor to why it is. I just have a bad feeling they are keeping him as an option as a last resort if they don’t get who they want. 

I agree with this completely.  It's his time to get the shot.  He's LC Football to the core, and has played a huge part in rejuvenating the program.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Well the parents are the ones who got Larry French here and we see how that worked out compared to the hires of the administration. Lol ! 

2 hours ago, Hazlett72 said:

Well the parents are the ones who got Larry French here and we see how that worked out compared to the hires of the administration. Lol ! 

This couldn’t be more wrong. Don Story, Athletic Director at the time, brought Larry French to Lincoln County. 

What hires have been wrong/bad? The coach after Larry French was highly-accomplished and sought after. If his wife at the time was not from Lincoln, I doubt he would have come when he did. 

The Coach after that was already on staff and was a known entity with the admin at the time. He’s a football guy, through and through. 

Then, the most recent coach was cherry-picked by his alma mater after being seen as successful at Lincoln.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the losing seasons at Lincoln over the last twenty years are not a product of hiring wrong coaches, or having coaches who are incompetent. 

Personally, I hope either Levi or Daniel get the job, turn it all around, and stay for 30 to 40 years and becomes a coaching legend. That’s what the program needs—consistently and success—from a long term  coach (and a feeder program that is pumping out Jimmys and Joes like the good old days). 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr.Network said:

This couldn’t be more wrong. Don Story, Athletic Director at the time, brought Larry French to Lincoln County. 

What hires have been wrong/bad? The coach after Larry French was highly-accomplished and sought after. If his wife at the time was not from Lincoln, I doubt he would have come when he did. 

The Coach after that was already on staff and was a known entity with the admin at the time. He’s a football guy, through and through. 

Then, the most recent coach was cherry-picked by his alma mater after being seen as successful at Lincoln.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the losing seasons at Lincoln over the last twenty years are not a product of hiring wrong coaches, or having coaches who are incompetent. 

Personally, I hope either Levi or Daniel get the job, turn it all around, and stay for 30 to 40 years and becomes a coaching legend. That’s what the program needs—consistently and success—from a long term  coach (and a feeder program that is pumping out Jimmys and Joes like the good old days). 

I feel like I’m the only person that just wants to support the program no matter who they hire, I’m I wrong for that? All the names listed are fantastic candidates in my personal opinion. 

• Like 1