Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

16 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

This is bad messaging. Especially to the kids. Both assistants are running the weight program and have yet to hear about the current job opening. 

Both are qualified coaches and could find other opportunities. So, Lincoln either needs to name one of them the HC, or, be up front with them so they can pursue what's best for them. This job hasn't been handled the same as others in surrounding counties. 

If the admin hasn't said anything to these 2 guys, they are telling them something.  They are telling them they aren't being considered for the head job at this time.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, okie1 said:

If the admin hasn't said anything to these 2 guys, they are telling them something.  They are telling them they aren't being considered for the head job at this time.  

Potentially. My response to the administration: Why did you ask them to begin the off-season weight program? That's using people. That itself should throw a red flag to people considering the job. 

I think Rogers is doing everything possible to try to get this job.  They want him in the building teaching. They just don't want a paraprofessional as their HC.  I think that is the issue.  I think the fact that he hasn't been hired yet means it's probably not going to be him.  I know many schools are being forced to use more and more paraprofessionals out of necessity.  I have nothing against them, I know some very good ones.  I am also not a school administrator or know the pros and cons of having one as a head coach.    It just doesn't seem like Lincoln is ready to pull that trigger. 

1 hour ago, RimRacker said:

If I am admin looking to make the right hire its either Jaggers or Foley. Hope that the assistants get to stay. 

Just curious on why you think these two are the best options? I just don’t see Jaggers being the next head coach. I think if you hire either one of these guys it’s just a momentary hire… I think they will be doing this all over again in a few years. They need to make the right hire for the players sake. A lot of rumblings are being thrown around town if Rogers isn’t hired.  

8 minutes ago, ckyguy said:

Just curious on why you think these two are the best options? I just don’t see Jaggers being the next head coach. I think if you hire either one of these guys it’s just a momentary hire… I think they will be doing this all over again in a few years. They need to make the right hire for the players sake. A lot of rumblings are being thrown around town if Rogers isn’t hired.  

Lincoln has had one coach stay 7 years, one stay 6 years, four stay 5 years, three stay 4 years, one stay 2 years, and one stay 1 year. The average tenure has been 4.5 years since opening in 1974. The likelihood of "doing this all over again in a few years" is pretty high because that has traditionally been the case at both Lincoln County and about 90% of all schools in Kentucky.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Lincoln has had one coach stay 7 years, one stay 6 years, four stay 5 years, three stay 4 years, one stay 2 years, and one stay 1 year. The average tenure has been 4.5 years since opening in 1974. The likelihood of "doing this all over again in a few years" is pretty high because that has traditionally been the case at both Lincoln County and about 90% of all schools in Kentucky.

I don't see that being the case if Rogers or Cooper are hired. I think both will stay as long as they are allowed. That's what I'm being told. 

• Like 1

Just now, NotMattJones said:

I don't see that being the case if Rogers or Cooper are hired. I think both will stay as long as they are allowed. That's what I'm being told. 

Will the administration allow someone to stay that long? Coaching is a production based world..

11 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

You are correct. The point I’m making is, does Lincoln want to be in the same position it is now later on down the road in 4-5 years? I highly doubt it. I’m sure the administration wants to hire someone who will be there for longer than it’s typical head coach tenure in the past. If they hire Rogers, I think they get a guy who will stay there for as long as they would let him. But, this goes for him and any other coach they may hire, who do they get to help? They have to have assistants, and that’s why I think they will try to get a head coach with a current staff to possibly bring along as well. Personally, I think all candidates could have issues putting together a solid assistant coaching staff. Crutchfield even had problems getting people to help him while he was there. 

8 minutes ago, Hazlett72 said:

Why would Jaggers leave a D1 qb that already has offers from Ole Miss and Kentucky? 

From what I understand, Jaggers is no longer at the top. There were initial meetings but it doesn't appear to have gained traction. The same with Clevenger. I wasn't at the meetings, just going by what I'm told!