Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

47 minutes ago, ckyguy said:

With all due respect to Cooper, he’s not ready to be a head coach. I don’t think he was ever an option. 

He's well liked in the community and by the players. I've heard his name more personally than some of the others being considered. Now, everyone has different connections. I hear Rogers name a lot also. But as far as Cooper, He's put in 6 years coaching for the program, at two levels. He's also a teacher in the system. I would hesitate to say "he's not ready to be a head coach" since I don't know him. But, going by facts presented, I think he would be a fine candidate. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

He's well liked in the community and by the players. I've heard his name more personally than some of the others being considered. Now, everyone has different connections. I hear Rogers name a lot also. But as far as Cooper, He's put in 6 years coaching for the program, at two levels. He's also a teacher in the system. I would hesitate to say "he's not ready to be a head coach" since I don't know him. But, going by facts presented, I think he would be a fine candidate. 

It’s not a shot at him whatsoever. It may have came off the wrong way and that’s not what I intended. I just don’t think he’s ready to be a head coach. He’s a great guy and I believe he’s going to be an outstanding coach the longer he does it and learns. But for right now, I don’t think he’s ready to take over for Lincoln. 

• Like 2

Just now, Seybold24 said:

Jaggers is the top choice. In my opinion, If they can’t make that work, I really feel Rogers will be the next head coach. Just my opinion. 

How long should they wait for an answer from him before they offer someone else if he is the top choice?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CentralSports said:

If Foley is hired will Levi Rodgers stick around and be second fiddle again? It’s really hard for me to see him sticking around if he’s not the head man. Major slap in the face if you ask me. 

No chance he stays. If he doesn’t get a different HC job he will be at Garrard. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

Rogers maybe should be careful on how open his "If it's not me, I'm leaving" message gets. If the wrong ears heard, they could eliminate him from consideration because of that. This thread is going to pass Garrard! 

I think it’s beyond evident he will leave if he isn’t hired as the head coach. The administration has to know that by now. He’s been on staff with 3 different head coaches at Lincoln. I think he thinks it’s his time to get a chance, and I would agree with him. The administration can’t expect him to just tag along and be an assistant his whole life. The program is in a lot better position it was in 4 years ago. He’s a key contributor to why it is. I just have a bad feeling they are keeping him as an option as a last resort if they don’t get who they want. 

5 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

Rogers maybe should be careful on how open his "If it's not me, I'm leaving" message gets. If the wrong ears heard, they could eliminate him from consideration because of that. This thread is going to pass Garrard! 

I agree with this sentiment, I’m not sure he’s even saying anything like that, just doesn’t seem like the type to me, so people blowing stuff up here could end up having him disconnected from the job all together which is silly, I would ask that everyone keep their comments about if he said anything or not to themselves, could end up hurting him in the long run, but just my opinion he doesn’t seem like the type to say things like this thread insists, let the job search play out, if I mentioned everything I’ve been told in this thread you all would know too much or you might not know anything at all, everything is hear say, and nothing is concrete, just because an administration doesn’t jump At the first person to apply is not necessarily a bad thing and it shouldn’t be taken the wrong way, they are doing their due diligence and want to make sure they get the right guy no matter who it is, if that makes people mad, then well that’s what’s wrong with most school systems is parents, boosters and certain people keeping control. Nothing will ever move forward, just my 2 cents! 

8 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

I agree with this sentiment, I’m not sure he’s even saying anything like that, just doesn’t seem like the type to me, so people blowing stuff up here could end up having him disconnected from the job all together which is silly, I would ask that everyone keep their comments about if he said anything or not to themselves, could end up hurting him in the long run, but just my opinion he doesn’t seem like the type to say things like this thread insists, let the job search play out, if I mentioned everything I’ve been told in this thread you all would know too much or you might not know anything at all, everything is hear say, and nothing is concrete, just because an administration doesn’t jump At the first person to apply is not necessarily a bad thing and it shouldn’t be taken the wrong way, they are doing their due diligence and want to make sure they get the right guy no matter who it is, if that makes people mad, then well that’s what’s wrong with most school systems is parents, boosters and certain people keeping control. Nothing will ever move forward, just my 2 cents! 

Rogers is a top notch coach and an even better man. But, people posting on here if they are for him or against him is not going to help nor hurt him getting the job. If the administration is going off what people say on here then that’s a whole different issue. They should do what’s best for the kids in the end no matter what. Will they? I hope so. I just think there is one specific person that thinks they control everything that happens at Lincoln. I’m assuming they are trying to get who he wants as the head coach and if that doesn’t work out then it’ll be interesting to see what happens.