Open Job: Lincoln County

theguru

1 hour ago, EagleRare20 said:

What are the expectations from the community for the up-coming seasons? Between these 4 listed, what would be considered a "good first year?"

A .500 season would be acceptable considering the talent they just lost. Davis, Amon, Board, and Harris are graduating about 90% of their offensive scoring from last season. Those 4 also acounted for the majority of their rushing attack as well. The new staff will have a lot of pieces to build on and win games with. We lost a lot of size on the O Line and D Line. The strong side of the OL are all gone along with Bowman at TE. Losing Taylor at C, Young at G, and the Stamper boy at T are going to be hard to replace. They have 3 solid linemen in Mullins, Griffin, and Hanley. Mullins should be a monster at T and Hanley should have a great season at G. Griffin should can play G or C and all 3 have had significant roles as sophomores and juniors. The Day boy and Foster kid should be some solid young O linemen ready to step in. Shouldn't be any fall of at QB with Sawyer Horton. His brother Seth and #4 at WR should give be reliable targets in the pass game. The Lane boy should be a contributer in the run and pass games as well.

On D same story as with the offense. Lost 3 BIG guys on the line in Linville, Greer, and Miracle and speed in Board. Bowman, Harris, and Amon graduating leaves big shoes to fill at LB and then on the back end Davis and the Hurt kid will be hard to replace as well. LC has some solid dudes on D still. Seth Horton and the Gibson boy should be solid LBs on D and Mullins and Hanley play both ways on the line. They should get another young DL back who was out for the season after the 1st game. Duncan and #4 should have two of the DB spots locked down as well. A lot of opportunity for young guys to earn starting spots for sure.

This was a big senior class with a lot of guys contributing on both sides of the ball. So with that much of a loss of experienced talent and with a new HC, a .500 season may not sound great, but it wouldn't be too disappointing with all things considered. 

Whoever the new coach is he needs to get in the hallways ASAP. First guy I'm tracking down is the Garr kid who flashed his freshman year at RB and then sat out last year. The kid is special and LC needs him on the field. There was also a DE that should be a junior who played his freshman year and then sat out last year as well. Kid had a wealth of potential and could help immediately on D. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CentralSports said:

The programs look to be heading in 2 different directions if you ask me. Not really mind boggling when one team will compete for the district title the next few years and the other is rebuilding from one of the most talented senior classes in recent history. 

Do we really feel like they will compete for their district? Bell County is still there and Rockcastle is always tough as well, you have one kid right now, and he’s special, but their are 11 kids on the field. I’m not sold that they will compete, Log Mountain is tough and Hilton will have a gameplan ready for them, this situation reminds me a lot of Robinson at Western Hills, one kid can’t win you every game. Need to get the pieces around him to make a run at district and state championship. It’s possible I’m not saying it’s not, I just don’t really see why you’d leave LC for GC. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PRevere said:

A .500 season would be acceptable considering the talent they just lost. Davis, Amon, Board, and Harris are graduating about 90% of their offensive scoring from last season. Those 4 also acounted for the majority of their rushing attack as well. The new staff will have a lot of pieces to build on and win games with. We lost a lot of size on the O Line and D Line. The strong side of the OL are all gone along with Bowman at TE. Losing Taylor at C, Young at G, and the Stamper boy at T are going to be hard to replace. They have 3 solid linemen in Mullins, Griffin, and Hanley. Mullins should be a monster at T and Hanley should have a great season at G. Griffin should can play G or C and all 3 have had significant roles as sophomores and juniors. The Day boy and Foster kid should be some solid young O linemen ready to step in. Shouldn't be any fall of at QB with Sawyer Horton. His brother Seth and #4 at WR should give be reliable targets in the pass game. The Lane boy should be a contributer in the run and pass games as well.

On D same story as with the offense. Lost 3 BIG guys on the line in Linville, Greer, and Miracle and speed in Board. Bowman, Harris, and Amon graduating leaves big shoes to fill at LB and then on the back end Davis and the Hurt kid will be hard to replace as well. LC has some solid dudes on D still. Seth Horton and the Gibson boy should be solid LBs on D and Mullins and Hanley play both ways on the line. They should get another young DL back who was out for the season after the 1st game. Duncan and #4 should have two of the DB spots locked down as well. A lot of opportunity for young guys to earn starting spots for sure.

This was a big senior class with a lot of guys contributing on both sides of the ball. So with that much of a loss of experienced talent and with a new HC, a .500 season may not sound great, but it wouldn't be too disappointing with all things considered. 

Whoever the new coach is he needs to get in the hallways ASAP. First guy I'm tracking down is the Garr kid who flashed his freshman year at RB and then sat out last year. The kid is special and LC needs him on the field. There was also a DE that should be a junior who played his freshman year and then sat out last year as well. Kid had a wealth of potential and could help immediately on D. 

If I’m the coach, the first thing I’m doing is begging the Horton twins to stay at LC. I’ve heard rumblings of them being gone depending on who is hired. If you lose both of those guys, then this team is going to be in some bad shape for the next coach. 

Expectations will be different depending on the hire. If they hire Rogers or Cooper (Both first year) then I think they will receive more slack, considering the roster turnover. .500 is very acceptable, and maybe a playoff win. 

If they go out of the way to hire Jaggers, Foley, Clevenger, Senters, then expectations will rise, although that isn't realistic. Lincoln has a tough district, and EXTREMELY tough non-district schedule coming up. Road games at Pulaski and Southwestern, along with a home game vs Bell. That's as good as it gets. Casey and East Jessamine will be more winnable. Season opener vs Danville. 

The Lincoln schedule is loaded. I think there is a chance some kids transfer, as it is a chance every time you have a coaching change. I hope people come to senses and make the correct hires. I think you avoid that if you hire the first candidates I mentioned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seybold24 said:

Do we really feel like they will compete for their district? Bell County is still there and Rockcastle is always tough as well, you have one kid right now, and he’s special, but their are 11 kids on the field. I’m not sold that they will compete, Log Mountain is tough and Hilton will have a gameplan ready for them, this situation reminds me a lot of Robinson at Western Hills, one kid can’t win you every game. Need to get the pieces around him to make a run at district and state championship. It’s possible I’m not saying it’s not, I just don’t really see why you’d leave LC for GC. 🤷‍♂️

I agree that it’s a team effort. But, the district is pretty easy to win to be honest. Garrard County was knocking on the door last year with all of the things that were going on with that program. I think it’s very very realistic for them to win the district. They have a lot better chance to win theirs than Lincoln. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckyguy said:

I agree that it’s a team effort. But, the district is pretty easy to win to be honest. Garrard County was knocking on the door last year with all of the things that were going on with that program. I think it’s very very realistic for them to win the district. They have a lot better chance to win theirs than Lincoln. 

I feel like Bell County is more mental then anything, Bell County is still a tough out and will continue to be, for every one athlete Garrard may have, Bell will have 3 or 4 to counter it. They do nothing but win, still a tall task in my opinion, but only time will tell. I wish them nothing but luck and I hope they do win the district and honestly would love to see them win a championship in something other then marching band, nothing against marching band but it’s not a sport, Garrard County has zero state titles in any sport, they need to win something eventually. 

36 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

I guess you didn’t watch the Bell County game last year when several underclassmen shined in the game. People like you only think they have Quisenberry because he’s one of the most talented players in the state. But that does overshadow Austin Adams , The Baker kid who’s one hell of a receiver , The running back who was out most of the year and only a Sophomore .. and not to mention big Mason Sula who’s probably the top lineman in the area and will receive D1 offers. Bell and Rockcastle lost A LOT. The Golden Lions will compete for the district title unlike Lincoln for the next 4 years or longer so why wouldn’t kids want to be apart of it? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CentralSports said:

The programs look to be heading in 2 different directions if you ask me. Not really mind boggling when one team will compete for the district title the next few years and the other is rebuilding from one of the most talented senior classes in recent history. 

One thing I would encourage any freshman considering leaving LC to consider is the senior class that just graduated was Crutchfield's 1st class. They came in under a new head coach and heard all the same negative stuff being said about the direction of the program and they stayed at LC. They turned the program around not the coaches. The senior class in front of them had 3 or 4 guys because everyone else quit or transferred. I know a lot of the transfer stuff is parents and not the kids. I want the best for all our Lincoln kids and if as parents you don't want Lincoln on your kid's chest then go be a Golden Lion or Briarjumper or whatever else that makes you feel good. Nobody is going to be mad at you for doing what you think is best. Make no mistake, I dont want any of our boys in any colors other than red and white but everybody has got to do for their own. Truth is though, a kid isn't going to buy in if the parents aren't going to buy in so if that's the case its best for everyone to part company. Idont get how anyone is ready to transfer out before a new coach is even hired but whatever. One thing all of us who stayed 4 years and this last class of seniors can say is they are forever Patriots and Death Valley will always be their home. I know that dont mean nothing to a lot of people but to those of us who it does it means the world. Just be patient folks the sky's not falling.

We're talking like it's the collegiate transfer portal. The KHSAA has a rule in stating if you follow a coach you're ineligible. 

"A waiver of the period of ineligibility is not required to be granted for those students satisfying one of the exceptions in Sec. 2: d) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school, including but not limited to: (1) If a student participates on a school team that is coached by a coach associated in that same sport at a high school, and the student then transfers to the member school where the coach is employed (paid or volunteer at any level)"

This will make it extremely hard for any kids to leave Lincoln to Garrad unless they're moving their entire family into a new home. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PRevere said:

One thing I would encourage any freshman considering leaving LC to consider is the senior class that just graduated was Crutchfield's 1st class. They came in under a new head coach and heard all the same negative stuff being said about the direction of the program and they stayed at LC. They turned the program around not the coaches. The senior class in front of them had 3 or 4 guys because everyone else quit or transferred. I know a lot of the transfer stuff is parents and not the kids. I want the best for all our Lincoln kids and if as parents you don't want Lincoln on your kid's chest then go be a Golden Lion or Briarjumper or whatever else that makes you feel good. Nobody is going to be mad at you for doing what you think is best. Make no mistake, I dont want any of our boys in any colors other than red and white but everybody has got to do for their own. Truth is though, a kid isn't going to buy in if the parents aren't going to buy in so if that's the case its best for everyone to part company. Idont get how anyone is ready to transfer out before a new coach is even hired but whatever. One thing all of us who stayed 4 years and this last class of seniors can say is they are forever Patriots and Death Valley will always be their home. I know that dont mean nothing to a lot of people but to those of us who it does it means the world. Just be patient folks the sky's not falling.

Will Dyehouse stadium always be your home? Parents want their kids to win and be successful. That’s what I wanted for my kids. It has nothing to do with my kids not attending the school I played for. 

2 minutes ago, DearToday said:

We're talking like it's the collegiate transfer portal. The KHSAA has a rule in stating if you follow a coach you're ineligible. 

"A waiver of the period of ineligibility is not required to be granted for those students satisfying one of the exceptions in Sec. 2: d) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school, including but not limited to: (1) If a student participates on a school team that is coached by a coach associated in that same sport at a high school, and the student then transfers to the member school where the coach is employed (paid or volunteer at any level)"

This will make it extremely hard for any kids to leave Lincoln to Garrad unless they're moving their entire family into a new home. 

If I’m not mistaken one kid who played for LC this year lived in Garrard County. So it wouldn’t be too much trouble for him. 

1 minute ago, okie1 said:

Any football player who played at LC for Crutchfield last year, will be ineligible to play at GC regardless of moving etc.  That's a KHSAA by law.  

Simply not true… there are ways around that. If a kid wants to attend a school they can do it. Crutchfield is not recruiting any kids to play at Garrard. I know him and his family personally. He is not that way and I guarantee he has encouraged kids to stay at LC. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CentralSports said:

Will Dyehouse stadium always be your home? Parents want their kids to win and be successful. That’s what I wanted for my kids. It has nothing to do with my kids not attending the school I played for. 

I guess dyehouse stadium is your home if you played there. As I said do whats best for your family. If playing somewhere else makes you happy then go for it. I live in Lincoln County. My family is in Lincoln County and my kid played for Lincoln same as me. Thats what was best for our family. We all want our kids to win and be successful but there are a lot more victories in life than what show up in a win-loss column. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 9:02 PM, NotMattJones said:

What exactly is best for the kids in your opinion? Nothing intended by that, I just like comparing viewpoints. Who in this job consideration is best for the kids? 

Whoever gets the job needs to go right to Thaden Garr house and get him back on the football field. Kid is a game changer and can take it to the house any given time he touches it.