Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

Normal is going to be different.

Districts are currently making drastic plans to maintain social distancing: 1/2 students in the building, limiting transitions, eliminating common spaces, etc.

If extracurriculars endanger the huge changes that are being made to have a modified school during the day extracurriculars won’t happen.

I don't think plans like 1/2 students in the buildings will happen, but we'll see.

From the KHSAA:

The KHSAA Board of Control will conduct a special meeting at 3 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 28 via Zoom to address specific COVID-19 issues related to KHSAA sports and sport-activities.

The meeting will be streamed live via the KHSAA.tv YouTube channel at youtube.com/khsaatv

Thank you

Joe Angolia, Communications Director

I don't think plans like 1/2 students in the buildings will happen, but we'll see.

I know what you’re saying, because so far we’ve been presented with elaborate plans and a week later somebody turns that plan into toilet paper.

You can't have fans at a college or NFL game and expect social distancing to occur. It just won't happen. IMO they will add a "attend at your own risk" to the back of your ticket and let everybody in as normal. There is entirely too much that has to be done in order to prepare a stadium for less than full capacity while trying to enforce social distancing. There's too much money involved for teams/schools to take on that task.

I want normal just as much as everyone else. I hope our health care system is ready.

I have heard about the possibility of requiring fans to purchase season passes in order to reduce the amount of fans at games this season as well as replacing revenue lost from the lack of a fan base for the football programs. Has anyone else heard of this scenario?

I would do this.

But we've already "proven" in-school instruction isn't essential.

I don't know that I would go that far. Once they transitioned to NTI the level or work or instruction that my kids received dropped substantially. Can you imagine trying to send a kid to kindergarten via NTI. I can't imagine that it would be nearly as effective as a traditional school setting.

I don't know that I would go that far. Once they transitioned to NTI the level or work or instruction that my kids received dropped substantially. Can you imagine trying to send a kid to kindergarten via NTI. I can't imagine that it would be nearly as effective as a traditional school setting.

I saw some national reporting on this yesterday and it was mostly negative meaning online instruction is not near as good as in person instruction in most cases.

I have heard about the possibility of requiring fans to purchase season passes in order to reduce the amount of fans at games this season as well as replacing revenue lost from the lack of a fan base for the football programs. Has anyone else heard of this scenario?

I like this idea. Would schools sell some type subscription to stream games online?

That’s fascinating to me a lot of schools in Ohio sell season tix out annually.

I’m sure this is a thing at some schools already. My HS had it back in the 80s and early 90s. You got a season pass for a slight discount on the ticket price. It’s a pretty good fundraiser. Cheap investment allowing money upfront. I’d say there is a percentage of people that would buy it that wouldn’t come to all the games and you worry less about your gate being hurt by weather.