Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

I could have this wrong but

June 1-14 you can meet players to handle things like paperwork and set up schedules.

June 15- July 9 you can workout and condition. School districts have of course final say on how all of that will work.

Right. Going to be tough for Jefferson County because of bussing issue.

It’s going to be tough for a lot of people. Coaches and players who have vacation/plans for the dead period now have a tough choice to make. And there’s still no guarantee the season starts on time, as teams will still have to adhere to any distancing/gathering guidelines set. Those guidelines are going to be tough on large teams who will likely have to hold multiple practice sessions.

I like this idea. Would schools sell some type subscription to stream games online?

NFHS Network does live streaming of football in a lot of states. Not so much in Kentucky. Below is the Kentucky webpage. A fan needs to shell out $70 for a yearly subscription and hope his/her favorite school is streaming there.

Kentucky High School Football

It’s going to be tough for a lot of people. Coaches and players who have vacation/plans for the dead period now have a tough choice to make. And there’s still no guarantee the season starts on time, as teams will still have to adhere to any distancing/gathering guidelines set. Those guidelines are going to be tough on large teams who will likely have to hold multiple practice sessions.

St.X already has two sessions in normal times during preseason since have 150 kids on varsity. So will pose a big challenge. I agree that football won’t start on time based on guidelines. If cases spike, it will be lights out. From following biotech companies news, I believe will be antibody treatment and vaccine by October and based on that I believe will be a season.

St.X already has two sessions in normal times during preseason since have 150 kids on varsity. So will pose a big challenge. I agree that football won’t start on time based on guidelines. If cases spike, it will be lights out. From following biotech companies news, I believe will be antibody treatment and vaccine by October and based on that I believe will be a season.

I've seen about the antibody treatments from recovered patients being used to treat it and cuts the recovery time in half, but everything I've seen says that a vaccine won't be available until at least December, if ever.

One positive thing is that sunlight seems to kill the virus, so it might not be able to survive practices in the summer, which would prevent the spread.

I've seen about the antibody treatments from recovered patients being used to treat it and cuts the recovery time in half, but everything I've seen says that a vaccine won't be available until at least December, if ever.

One positive thing is that sunlight seems to kill the virus, so it might not be able to survive practices in the summer, which would prevent the spread.

Sunlight/heat killing or preventing the virus was a myth that perpetrated early on in the pandemic by those who were of the belief CV-19 wouldn’t be that big of an issue. If that were the case this wouldn’t have shown up in warm climates, or in reality still been affecting as many people as it currently still is.

Astrazeneca just received 1.5 billion dollars for vaccine and they said they will deliver several million doses to United Kingdom in September and over 100 million doses in October to USA. Distributed Bio and Regeneron are creating antibodies that will be available by October. All this is contingent on successful testing but so far testing has gone well.

So, I wonder what we will do a year from now when it's Covid-20.

If it’s like the other 18 covids we’ve never heard of, then we won’t do anything. If it’s like Covid 19, and kills over 100k in 90 days despite shutting down, then high school sports isn’t our biggest problem.

Just saw on the news that at the Univ. of Alabama they have already had several players test positive for the virus. Now while it's true they just came together since Monday the report also stated that one of the players that tested positive had been involved in several group drills.