Since Healthcare Costs Are A Concern for the Military...

If Jessup is correct, then what is the point of the play/movie? Think about that long and hard before you respond.

It's the dilemma. The kind of person needed on the wall requires discipline, doggedness, and a tenacity that comes from a unit of defenders.

When it goes rogue, (code red gone bad, coverup, rolling part of that unit under the bus for expediency sake) is where the crime occurs and the chink in the armor takes place.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL to the red bolded.... Then why discriminate/forbid (whatever word you choose) it if it’s not a big concern? That’s the issue I have.

I’m grateful and will support ANY American who is willing and able to serve our awesome country.

The US Military selects members based on criteria they establish. It's not whether it's a "big concern" or a concern of any size. If you have asthma, you are DQ MED, that's not really a big concern either, because the chances of an asthma attack rendering a person non combat effective are relatively small, but we do because it has been identified as a concern.

....and I agree, I am grateful and prayerful for our service members, always.

If Jessup is correct, then what is the point of the play/movie? Think about that long and hard before you respond.

First, no need to think long and hard...if you parse any words, but especially scenes from a movie, the validity of the argument is cheapened by the clip and it's intended purpose.

Now, if you would like to be non-cryptic and say what you want, and not hide behind lines from a movie, the discussion can likely move forward....if you stay in the theatrical, it won't.

That is the point we often forget about the play/movie. Jessup is the type of warrior needed to stand on that wall. His crime wasn't the code red, it was hanging his guys out to dry for the crime and covering it up.

Agreed. It is a movie though....and in the movie, this leader was less than honorable in his actions. The reality is that parts of this movie are actual reality...units tend to police internally when an issue arises, sometimes to a fault and occasionally to a detriment of others.

Dude when in uniform, non dude when out. Cant make up their mind.

What if he served the entire time feeling the same way as today? half the time?

20 years as a SEAL. One doesn't make the change overnight.

First, no need to think long and hard...if you parse any words, but especially scenes from a movie, the validity of the argument is cheapened by the clip and it's intended purpose.

Now, if you would like to be non-cryptic and say what you want, and not hide behind lines from a movie, the discussion can likely move forward....if you stay in the theatrical, it won't.

I will just go with you then. It is easier. Jessup was right and we need more leaders like the Colonel. :D

Or it might just limit the conversation to the issues and not to attaching a label of a higher morality than the other. :thumb:

I based my response on the "moral righteousness " part of your post. Now obviously everyone has a definition of "moral righteousness". But my response is based on my personal definition.

Yeah. Political correctness changed the old "fact" of the world being flat into round as well. Darn PC culture driving Aristotle to such heresy.

You do not evolve on issue like this, you base your findings on facts. Just because you feel empathy for these individuals and their psychological problems, does not make it fact.